General Forum

Re-vitalize Netnexus! 18 replies

Ilidan said on: 2012-03-06 09:24 am
4433 Days, 21 Hrs, 19 Min, 16 Sec ago
How are we going to do this? I miss the days when if you left the page, you came back and the thread was gone.

We need to find a way to get new members here. Someone call Andrew, he'll know what to do!
TheSource (Admin) said on: 2012-03-06 10:32 am
4433 Days, 20 Hrs, 11 Min, 24 Sec ago
Warning: Wall of text ahead.

We need better games. Nations has been the one thing keeping people coming back (Aside from the dedicated few who have just been here for so long we don't want to leave, like finding that old toy from when you were a kid and not being able to bring yourself to throw it out) and potential new people coming in. I for one stopped actually playing any of the games here back when the original WaR2 went down. I realize my attempt at reviving WaR2 failed, I never got around to completely finishing it, and its archaic design kept it limited and only engaging for a few days. We also need to offer something other than browser based text games, a strong graphical game (things like farmville, and other zynga titles; Which I personally don't play, but understand the draw that keeps people coming back.) is one thing we need. But we also need other features. We don't offer anything that people cannot get somewhere else. Our forums, while I prefer them to a lot of others are fairly outdated, The layout hasn't been changed since what? The Void? Flindbar had a beautiful markup for a new layout that I felt was amazing. I'd like to create something with more user interaction I think, perhaps game reviews that can be added by staff, and a subsystem for user reviews and ratings? More dynamic content, things that make people want to come back everyday and check, for updates, new comments, reviews, etc.. a better user/vip system would be great. more personalization options I think would be nice. I have a lot more thoughts, but I'm not even sure these were coherent enough, and I'd like to hear more from others. I have the ability to help make big decisions happen, and I want NN to thrive again, I just think it will be a major task that needs some real dedication.

I'm currently on deployment in the Navy, but I've found I have more time to do things, and if I can, I'd like to help out here some more. My NNMS system seems to function ok, but that needs work too. Let me knnow what you guys want what will keep you COMING BACK DAILY. that's what we need.
Ilidan said on: 2012-03-06 05:08 pm
4433 Days, 13 Hrs, 35 Min, 0 Sec ago
I think what we need the most is more player vs. player interaction. That was always what kept me around - now I'm just back to see if people are around.

The forums definitely need an overhaul, but that's down the road. It won't be worth the effort without having people around. Let's get some new, multi-user games set up which will draw in new players into the community, rather than things like TL where, although you are competing against other players, there isn't much interaction. Even Nations, I feel like there isn't that much interaction, despite the attacking and alliance systems.
Red (Tester) said on: 2012-03-08 03:40 pm
4431 Days, 15 Hrs, 3 Min, 18 Sec ago
Well put, TS :)
CRACKER_JACK said on: 2012-03-08 03:49 pm
4431 Days, 14 Hrs, 53 Min, 50 Sec ago
Quit everyone, i want to win a round, i have wasted 10 years of my life on this site, & if i don't win at least 1 round before the plug is pulled, i am going to win the lotto & buy this site, & play a round by myself. (still doubt i will win but atleast my odds are better than now with 10 active players)

CJ
TinaMiaz said on: 2012-03-09 10:20 am
4430 Days, 20 Hrs, 22 Min, 27 Sec ago
LOVE ^ hahahaa
Oracle said on: 2012-03-09 02:23 pm
4430 Days, 16 Hrs, 20 Min, 20 Sec ago
If we did an empirical study of the most active topics ever & the most active ones now they'd give a more objective idea of what kept/keeps unique visits

Kinda like this: (weighted all time)(on my iphone on the train)
I'm quitting/I'm back/zomg this is still here?!(30%)
Random/trolololol(25%)
join my noob clan/send me noob techies(15%)
Zomg warbeast(10%)
I war j00(10%)
dis guy h4x(5%)
reunion for this clan(5%)

Korgrath (Mod) said on: 2012-03-10 10:30 am
4429 Days, 20 Hrs, 13 Min, 12 Sec ago
I completely agree TS! I wish I could offer more, but I can't think of any ideas, we really do need something to get people coming
ShadyKnight (Mod) said on: 2012-03-13 04:24 pm
4426 Days, 14 Hrs, 18 Min, 32 Sec ago
We need new games, and there's an abundance of awesome content being generated by users these days. If we were to set up a game portal for people to post their flash games and other various games, it would be pretty cool. Especially if we added achievements to games and had a leveling profile, it would make a lot more people play, and continue to come back.
Happyguy said on: 2012-03-17 09:49 am
4422 Days, 20 Hrs, 53 Min, 49 Sec ago
I honestly dont think the games are the issue

I think what would bring back this site is make them Facebook friendly!

I should be able to log into TL or Nations through Facebook! I think that alone will drive up your members.

New games, new forums, thats all lots of work that could come later.

Get back to the basics which had people at NN in the firstplace (the great games) and bring it into 2012! A 'tweet this' option when I win in the MP arena ect ect ect

I think this would be an easy, low cost fix. IMO
WeaponX (Mod) said on: 2012-03-18 09:42 pm
4421 Days, 9 Hrs, 1 Min, 2 Sec ago
App me!
ShadowLord69 said on: 2012-03-25 09:35 pm
4414 Days, 9 Hrs, 7 Min, 58 Sec ago
app me too!
Raider_2109 said on: 2012-03-26 03:10 am
4414 Days, 3 Hrs, 32 Min, 46 Sec ago
i think we need to make that Raider guy a mod again, things were good back then...

*i agree make raider a mod again*

"Give him his blue tag back, it was taken away without reason!"

*Here! Here!*
Pixie said on: 2012-03-30 10:49 pm
4409 Days, 7 Hrs, 54 Min, 25 Sec ago

Well put Jon and I think the integration to Facebook would be good .. but personally I still wouldn't play TL or nations if they were on Facebook. Give me a flashy farming game any day.. though I do wish those games were more pvp then just quest based.. Now I don't know how to do that I just would love to build a better farm then you all!! I would like to go trash someone elses farm or something fun like that .. have rounds winners most money ect... Just a fun idea, well for me. :P

Oh and the idea of putting it out there for people to bring there games over would be fun, trying a bunch of new games all the time .. I know FS would be back trying all the games.. He searches the net for fun games to play.

~Pixie~
WeaponX (Mod) said on: 2012-04-09 04:48 pm
4399 Days, 13 Hrs, 55 Min, 25 Sec ago
One of the main problems is that a lot of people just aren't on computers as much as they used to be.. I remember having to get on MSN Mess. to talk to certain friends, email others, and NetNexus was always open as I was doing this. With texting and Facebook, MSN messenger and email has totally gone away for me. I've been on the computer probably 4 times this month, literally.. Smartphones have basically taken over, besides those hardcore PCers.... A Facebook integration would be nice, but that would just basically be the games, wouldn't it? What would become of the forums?.... So I say again.. App me! A free NetNexus app, with the same choice to pay for Vip features. BUT, I personally don't know how much, or if it even costs anything to put and KEEP an app on the market.. That'd be another thing to figure out. Tom knows, he's got Astro Zapper for the ipod touch/iphone on there..

[Added at 04/09/2012 17:50:28 by WeaponX]
Or even a $0.99-$1.99 NetNexus App, if it were made awesomely enough. ;) Then figure out the pricing for Vip features/NN points..

[Added at 04/09/2012 17:52:28 by WeaponX]
And MAYBE I'm wrong about 'people not being on computers as much', but me, personally, you used to have to fight me off of this PC... Now it's just like 'whatever.. I got the Droid, iPhone, etc, I'm good'.

[Added at 04/09/2012 17:58:08 by WeaponX]
Heck, maybe even a better 'Create your own page' dealio could get the ball rolling.. Who knows. Not saying this about any of us currently on this website because we know what's up, mainly due to the Clan Page feature in Nations, but I know for a fact that the general population is html-tarded. Rather than bring NN to Facebook - Bring Facebook to NN, eh? ;) That's probably an outragous idea.. but it's something. :P
Watergurl said on: 2012-04-13 02:39 am
4396 Days, 4 Hrs, 3 Min, 53 Sec ago
Bring back the IC thread! ;)
WeaponX (Mod) said on: 2012-04-13 06:26 pm
4395 Days, 12 Hrs, 17 Min, 26 Sec ago
WAWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree. :)

[Added at 04/15/2012 11:57:08 by WeaponX]
Anyone have the old IC thread link? I can probably undelete it unless it was just totally purged from the site.
Watergurl said on: 2012-04-16 11:16 pm
4392 Days, 7 Hrs, 26 Min, 39 Sec ago
Hiiii!!

Undelete it imo.
Oracle said on: 2012-04-18 04:57 am
4391 Days, 1 Hr, 45 Min, 44 Sec ago