Nations Forum

Retirement 18 replies

Jing said on: 2011-07-01 07:32 pm
4681 Days, 2 Hrs, 38 Min, 34 Sec ago
Wait, what?
Aren't I'm already retired? Nope, at least not exactly.

I'm still here.

Although I've quit Nations about a year now, I still snuck around because I held on to some hope that this site would turn itself around.

That maybe there would be some rather important updates by now. That players would come back. Or that maybe, just maybe, they would at least fix the monthly chat crashes, the most recent of which permanently drove away every regular chat-goers.

See, despite my apparent indifference, I still care very much for Nations, and by proxy, this site.

So imagine how disgusted I was when I saw the 300 tech wall broken by T1 of all players. No offense to you, T1. I'm happy that you've finally won, but I've had a bit of pride for what I've accomplish in Nations. And all that time, calculation, and careful planning was all apparently been rendered obsolete with a couple of farms.

Honestly, it stung.

While there are a lot of problems with this site, this was the final straw that finally broke my back. It was more like a boulder, actually.

It's sad, I know, but all that talk about who deserved to win what, such as that one time I was massed out of a win because GI Joe deserved it more, does T1 honestly deserve to be the first to accomplish this?

It's like a slap in the face with a slash of water.

For this reason and many more, I've decided leave this site for good. I've already wiped my bookmark, cleaned my records, and even deleted my saved password. I also plan to delete my "home" status for this site on my other computer the next time I use it.

I've saved what I've wanted to save from this site, and I don't plan to return at all. Not even to check up this thread.

This is my final goodbye.

I'm serious this time. To ensure that, I've mushed some random buttons together and used that for my new password.

If you want to contact me, for old time's sake or any other reason, AK and Leroy have my email.

I would also like to take this last chance to thank the people who made my time here fun and rather enjoyable. I don't want to name any specific names, since it's impossible to list them all at once, but they are my former allies, techies, and clan mates.

Farewell!

By the way, I've forgo my normal text size to ensure that some very specific players can read this. A last bit of civility on my part before I depart for good. To them, I leave with this final word.

Pricks.
Tankasaurus1 said on: 2011-07-01 08:29 pm
4681 Days, 1 Hr, 41 Min, 23 Sec ago
suck it up princess.
AK47 said on: 2011-07-02 06:12 am
4680 Days, 15 Hrs, 58 Min, 31 Sec ago

i have to agree with jing. as much as tank is my guy and would root for him to get that 1st win in most circumstances, breaking the all-time record was a bit unsettling.

for me, it disregarded all the work it took to break 300 tech in the first place. it used to take rounds and rounds of top-notch planning and literally perfect teching and rises to accomplish that feat.

tank please dont take this too personal because i am sincere when i say i am happy to see you win and hope to see you continue your nations success in that aspect.

WeaponX (Mod) said on: 2011-07-02 09:01 am
4680 Days, 13 Hrs, 9 Min, 33 Sec ago
The thing you guys don't understand is we did spend rounds planning lol.

[Added at 07/02/2011 10:08:49 by WeaponX]
It wasn't just someone randomly breaking 300, lol, he was pretty set up for it.
Sal said on: 2011-07-02 09:08 am
4680 Days, 13 Hrs, 2 Min, 49 Sec ago
Yea but you can't deny there wasn't much of a threat to his rise...You guys don't even have a top 50 that plays. It's like 10 serious players, 10-15 half-time players and that's it.
WeaponX (Mod) said on: 2011-07-02 09:10 am
4680 Days, 13 Hrs, 59 Sec ago
Come back and be a threat then dang it. We got bored and decided to start pushing people up, lol. We need more competition.

[Added at 07/02/2011 10:22:30 by WeaponX]
I'm not arguing either, I'm just saying. Jing, you wouldn't be complaining if you were the one who broke 300, competition or not and you know it, lol. You decided not to play anymore, scratching out any chance you may have had, and these days it would've been a pretty good one.

[Added at 07/02/2011 10:51:06 by WeaponX]
Also, as far as I'm concerned, nobody "deserves" a win. I do remember what you're referring to regarding gi_joe, and also remember thinking to myself how BS that was that it happened. Everybody is just as deserving as anybody. Tank achieved 306 tech, therefore deserves it, therefore it's written in the records now. That could have just as easily been me, because I did start last round playing to try to break the 300 tech marker until I realized I would be working at the point I would have been rising.
Stormbringer said on: 2011-07-02 02:20 pm
4680 Days, 7 Hrs, 50 Min, 47 Sec ago
I echo Tank and Weap's posts. Get over it!!! Just play and provide the competition.
Alwaysbored said on: 2011-07-04 10:47 pm
4677 Days, 23 Hrs, 23 Min, 38 Sec ago
Although to some extent I agree with Jing being that Tank isn't the person who I'd expect to beat the 300 mark, I also don't think you should just bash the living crap out of the idea and go on about how it ruined all your hopes and dreams as well as how you lost faith in everything and how from this point forward you will walk down the path of despair and reminisce about how much brighter the past was.

</End overexaggeration>

But really, I whole-heartedly agree with WeaponX. Sure, the competition is low.. but who's to blame for that? You can blame the admins for not doing some active advertising. You can blame the old regulars/users on leaving. Honestly, you can blame both for all I care.

But just because the site is running low on active users, does that mean everyone who IS currently still playing should just stop and quit? More importantly, stop trying to break the old goals or to keep having fun just because it might hurt the old active players' feelings? Hell with that!

We did what we can with the amount of people we have. It did take planning, or else DoAlCa would have broken the 300 mark the round earlier. And other statistics take into count too, such as Tank's more.. aggressive behavior. But nonetheless, he won, and it's just as deserving as all the prior rounds before that.

Look, to not be in favor of him winning, that's fine with me. That's human. To quit the site and to be a complete dick about it... I think that's being slightly irrational and a bit overdramatic.

Regardless though, it's unfortunate to see you leave. With each person leaving NN, it appears the site is slowly coming to it's demise... take it easy, Jing.
Sal said on: 2011-07-06 05:53 pm
4676 Days, 4 Hrs, 17 Min, 32 Sec ago
If I ever found the ability to log on twice a day, it'd be for the sole purpose of breaking my previous land record of 1003. And that would require active farming techies AND at least 3 farms.
Darkhawk said on: 2011-07-06 06:29 pm
4676 Days, 3 Hrs, 42 Min, 1 Sec ago
I would be a farm for you old teacher ;)

BTW people, I wouldn't mind a clan. Any takers?
Loki said on: 2011-07-07 10:54 pm
4674 Days, 23 Hrs, 16 Min, 45 Sec ago
You people all suck golfballs Gimme jings email addy now...
Battlecruiser said on: 2011-07-08 05:00 am
4674 Days, 17 Hrs, 10 Min, 40 Sec ago
Hey Ray.
AK47 said on: 2011-07-08 05:41 pm
4674 Days, 4 Hrs, 29 Min, 32 Sec ago

LOKI!!! BC!!! =)

...btw, ray check youre NNMS for jings email.
Nataku said on: 2011-07-08 07:17 pm
4674 Days, 2 Hrs, 54 Min, 10 Sec ago
i can actually suck 5 golfballs
WeaponX (Mod) said on: 2011-07-08 10:03 pm
4674 Days, 8 Minutes, 15 Seconds ago
You crazy kids.
ShadyKnight (Mod) said on: 2011-07-24 06:27 pm
4658 Days, 3 Hrs, 43 Min, 45 Sec ago
Leroy or AK, send me Jing's e-mail
VoDkA said on: 2011-07-24 09:55 pm
4658 Days, 15 Minutes, 27 Seconds ago
I agree with Ray here.
Sin said on: 2011-07-25 07:13 pm
4657 Days, 2 Hrs, 57 Min, 29 Sec ago
I miss you Jing!
SM-sHiNrYo said on: 2011-07-30 02:04 pm
4652 Days, 8 Hrs, 6 Min, 53 Sec ago
LOL this was to be expected from a Jing threat!! yes threat!!