Nations Forum

WOW.... 7 replies

Stormbringer said on: 2015-05-04 02:06 pm
3273 Days, 1 Hr, 30 Min, 7 Sec ago
This place is done....
I opened the following tickets two weeks ago on behalf of Xsquad and hasn't been touched.

Ticket 2397 Information
Issue: Account

Message: I am writing this on behalf of Xsquad who sent me the following:

XSquad said on: 2015-04-20 12:45:09
Sent: 2 Hours, 3 Minutes, 31 Seconds ago
NEW: I cant even play fast nations.. - [Reply]
XSquad said on: 2015-04-20 11:20:32
Sent: 3 Hours, 28 Minutes, 8 Seconds ago
NEW: Can you file a ticket for me? I tried looking at my (I forgot was banned acc) and it automatically locked ALL the accounts I ever had. XSquad and even IconstalerX one... I just wanted to see when I created it and it locked everything I cant even plauy or see main page BUT i can get on nations ONLY nothing else I cant even get on Netnexus when I'm logged out!!! WTF!! please ya got to help me! else I'l never play again -_- (be able to ) - [Reply]
Submitted by: Stormbringer

[Added at 05/04/2015 15:07:27 by Stormbringer]
Just to add....
Current Tickets
Ticket 2397 - In Queue
TheSource (Admin) said on: 2015-05-06 03:13 pm
3271 Days, 23 Minutes, 13 Seconds ago
Sorry about that. Like many users, the admins were all teenagers when each of us started on this endeavor. Life was a little more simple, and it seemed like we had forever to work on this site to our hearts content. But as the years have gone by, we've gotten jobs, spouses, had children, and in general gotten more and more responsibilities. That being said, We are all of us working on things to bring NN forward into today's new tech, and we never want to see it die. The problem is, we cant spend 6-10 hours a day, everyday working on NN right now(And we know you all don't expect that). We need to work for our families, work on capturing memories with our children, and work on our lives, be that school, work, or both(And also find time for NN).

The two week+ response time on a ticket is without a doubt too long. And I, personally will make it a point to log into NN and check tickets/forums at least twice a week. Tom, Blake, and I are all currently working on projects that we hope you, as users will enjoy. Once again, we are sincerely sorry for not providing the attention and support NN needs, and we hope in the future to resolve any and all issues in a more timely manner.
Stormbringer said on: 2015-05-07 03:27 pm
3270 Days, 8 Minutes, 30 Seconds ago
Thanks for the response! Wish there's more I could do to give back around here.
XSquad said on: 2015-05-12 08:40 am
3265 Days, 6 Hrs, 56 Min, 6 Sec ago
yay thanks !! was long but still, thanks! And yea, this site should be bought by someone willing to work on it. I know I saw some talk about interrest over the matter. Still this site is nostalgia, It'll forever have a lil piece of my mind!
TheSource (Admin) said on: 2015-05-17 01:30 pm
3260 Days, 2 Hrs, 6 Min, 15 Sec ago
To be completely honest, I'm currently working on WaR3. I know Tom and Blake are working on things.
Sal said on: 2015-05-17 11:03 pm
3259 Days, 16 Hrs, 33 Min, 11 Sec ago
Doesn't it seem kind of pointless by now?

The player base is all but gone. The games themselves haven't been updated for Android/iOS devices even tho Nations and TL would be quite simple to have as apps.

The momentum (however little there was) is lost.

Like you guys said, we've all grown up and moved on with our lives and at this point I don't think there's any way this website could crawl back out of the grave.

TheSource (Admin) said on: 2015-05-18 03:34 am
3259 Days, 12 Hrs, 1 Min, 35 Sec ago
Well, regardless, The WaR3 i'm working on is actually myself and a team of artists and programmers. It's mainly our thesis project. Simple 200 person per server third person Mini MMO. Build in Unity we currently have the server framework and game mechanics done. We're currently building the world and fleshing out races and class. We currently have about 20 people privately testing the game as we build it. The idea is to open the game up for a private alpha, with NN accounts getting access as well. Do I expect this to be a game that brings NN back to glory? Not really. Do I expect it to be a fun process and hope that people who still check in here are able to enjoy it? Absolutely.

Whether you or anyone else believes that anything will come of this site is rather pointless speculation, to be honest. This site is, and always has been the passion project of a small group of people. Every game built for it, every function and line of code was written by one of us in our spare time. We wrote it for fun in high school, through our professional careers, in between family events and milestones. this site has been up, a few times down, buzzing with activity, and even sometimes(a lot) quiet as a ghost town. But a lot of us have been a part of it for a long time, the fact that it remains here is something I'm rather fond of. Aged though it may be, it's been a constant for near half my life, and thats saying something.
DannyFo (Mod) said on: 2015-06-18 09:18 pm
3227 Days, 18 Hrs, 18 Min, 7 Sec ago
I have a post in the general forums stating that if anyone doesn't receive some sort of response within 48 hours to send me an email and I will log in and at least check to see if I can handle the ticket or need to pass it on to an Admin. With Jon being more active, I'm sure tickets we Mods can only escalate will be answered more efficiently.