Terran Legacy Forum

Will Trade For Hyperion Armor 10 replies

Tooks said on: 2013-06-09 03:19 pm
3973 Days, 5 Hrs, 10 Min, 58 Sec ago
I'll grind your account for you. Just buy me the armor!

I have a pretty fast setup on my mouse, and I've been trying to grind the cash myself but I've found I typically barely make enough money to heal myself, let alone profit.

Which on a side note, I think the money drops need to be adjusted higher or the heal cost needs to be lowered. Especially at lower levels.
DannyFo (Mod) said on: 2013-06-09 09:59 pm
3972 Days, 22 Hrs, 30 Min, 50 Sec ago
The trick is to bank all your money and just die. Come back in 5 minutes and do it again. Thats how I saved my billions.
Tooks said on: 2013-06-10 05:14 am
3972 Days, 15 Hrs, 15 Min, 48 Sec ago
If I banked before every death I might be able to afford the armor in a month of grinding :P

The spoils/prices ratio is a tad broad.
Michelangelo said on: 2013-06-10 06:32 am
3972 Days, 13 Hrs, 57 Min, 22 Sec ago
As mentioned in the update notes,the hyperion armor/weapon set are geared towards the end game.

Part of the allure of holding a hyperion armor/ weapon is its rarity. Imho, making the set more accessible to people of lower ranks and lower kill count is bad because it diminishes the value of the set, making it no different from flak cannon and goliath mech v2, and to a certain degree, the rail gun.

Because of this, I disagree with the increase in money dropped idea. What I rather change is the number of deaths per hour cuz frankly, it is hella annoying to die every 5 minutes while grinding from pvt to deity. And to do that for 10+ levels is tedious, unsatisfying and annoying. It just doesn't feel smooth.

I do however, feel that the current prices and money dropped is just about right( except for tweaks to overmind and zerg deity drops)The current set-up ensures only people who are are SCF or close to scf can afford the full set, and only people who are deity and above can afford part of the set.

Michelangelo said on: 2013-06-10 06:48 am
3972 Days, 13 Hrs, 41 Min, 15 Sec ago
On another note, is it possible to add a function to item-lock your armor?

I will be getting the hyperion adamantite suit soon and would hate to sell my armor on accident while farming for my weapon.

I do use the xenotron font while grinding but humans do make mistakes. It used to be ok when it was the goliath mech v2, since we could still easily farm for the suit. replacing an accidentally sold, 1.6 bil worth suit would be a tad harder to replace.
Tooks said on: 2013-06-10 02:07 pm
3972 Days, 6 Hrs, 22 Min, 20 Sec ago
My point remains valid still. I have the Hyperion Cannon and the Goliath V2 armor, and I can still barely grind a profit. I understand dying is part of the game but I don't think you should have to die to make money. Especially for such trivial amounts...I'm lucky to bank 1 mill a death and that's pushing it. Usually it's around 200k....
Michelangelo said on: 2013-06-11 01:51 am
3971 Days, 18 Hrs, 38 Min, 29 Sec ago
At low ranks, you arent supposed to be making millions per death. even in the old tl, only admiral to emperor were making millions per death.

it is the same now. if i remember correctly, only admirals (not too sure) to deities in tl2 are making millions per kill, which follows the same trend as old tl: only the top few ranks get to last longer and earn more per death.

you arent supposed to be gaining millions of credits per death as a low- mid rank, simple as that. Just do what the rest of us did, endure that tiresome process to deity and then start farming for those billions.

I disagree with your suggestion of increasing money drops or reducing healing costs because it reduces the number of clicks /kills required to get the hyperion set. It simply reduces the effort, simple as that.I have also provided the reasons why it is not desirable to make it easier to get the hyperion set earlier.

what i rather have, is that the powerhit of zerg deities and overminds to be either lower or occur less frequently and that money drops remain the same as they are now. These serves two purposes. one, the effort required in terms of clicks and kill counts remain the same. second, we spend less amount of time in stasis so we can click more.Bottomline is, this doesnt reduce the effort needed but gives us more playing time.

hyperion set isnt for everyone.If you have the patience to get high kills, then settle for something less. it's not meant for you
Michelangelo said on: 2013-06-11 01:55 am
3971 Days, 18 Hrs, 34 Min, 28 Sec ago
*don't have the patience
Opujhum (Vip) said on: 2013-06-11 08:22 am
3971 Days, 12 Hrs, 7 Min, 28 Sec ago
100% agree with Michelangelo.

Don't skip steps. None of us did and we are where we are right now because of the time we spent clicking.

and at low level ranks, there's no need to have the highest armor/guns. and even at commodore Level, it is still viable with Goliath V2 and Flak Cannon.

as to lock items and armor... i'm not really for that as mentionned in another post. It just makes the game too easy. Just click click click w/o looking at what you're doing.... It is also part of the game. Be more careful of what you're doing, specially at higher ranks if you are to buy Hyperion armors.
Tooks said on: 2013-06-11 02:11 pm
3971 Days, 6 Hrs, 18 Min, 46 Sec ago
I think you're looking into this a bit too much. I'm not expecting to make millions per death, I just don't like spending half my playing time in stasis. I SHOULD NOT HAVE TO DIE TO MAKE A PROFIT. I should be able to go back when I am low, heal, bank the rest, and continue. The only time I should be forced to die when I don't want to is when the random Overmind 1 shots you.
Michelangelo said on: 2013-06-11 04:50 pm
3971 Days, 3 Hrs, 39 Min, 26 Sec ago
I take back my earlier statement that lowering healing cost would decrease the amount of effort/kills/clicks required to get hyperion set. I think all it does is lower the time spent in stasis, and is a suggestion that should be considered to improve gameplay at all levels.

increasing the gold dropped, however, does not solve the problem of spending half your time in stasis. the average time you spend playing still remains the same because you still get hit as hard as before.the only difference that the amount of credits earned is higher than before.

That said, the best way of earning the billions is to bank in all the money before you die.even in the old tl, emperors got their millions from banking without healing, as healing and training meant that they earned almost zero profit.I think healing costs should be reduced, but it should be a temporary measure to enable recruits to climb to farming ranks like deities instead o being a feature that allows them to get a huge profit margin without dying.

As for locking armor, my thoughts were that it was too expensive to farm up for another hyperion adamanite suit. One mistake, and you will spend months farming for another one. In comparison , goliath mech v2 is an easily replaceable mistake.I'm not looking to lock all armors, weapons and items, I'm only looking to have a feature to lock hyperion armor, as it has a high chance of occurring and has huge consequences.

the margin for error when using the xenotron font is small as well. factor in that small centimetre gap and other factors like human error, exhaustion, and the chance of selling your armor is pretty high. And no, i do not want to zoom in just to increase that centimetre gap by a few centimetres.