WaR2: New Horizons Forum

Anti-Bot... 8 replies

Elmy said on: 2009-02-28 05:57 pm
5506 Days, 8 Hrs, 18 Min, 2 Sec ago
Could we possible get one that isn't so lame? I remember the biggest part of my annoyance with playing at all was typing in the correct code. I saw one recently that wasn't so bad; the image is of 3 different shapes (Square, Circle, Triangle) and there are 3 different numbers in each of them. The Bot then asks you to type one of the numbers in any one of the random shapes. It's not retardedly hard to see and is shorter.

Anyway; was the implementation of Fatigue really necessary? Couldn't you just have made the Anti-Bot appear every so often in a TL-like fashion? You realize that casters are at a disadvantage when it comes to Fatigue, right?

Casters will tend to take more damage when hit due to penalties to armor from Race / Class. This means that they need some HP to fight mobs that would hit them. They also need Mana to cast spells, and Fatigue if the mob is relatively far away from an altar and you want to avoid the lame ass anti-bot. If you plan on implementing PvP, this will be especially unbalanced. Casters will need to get all 3 in order to both PvE decently and PvP so to speak.

Melee? Melee get bonus to armor which means they can concentrate more on getting weapons, and won't get hit by certain mobs which would hit casters with the same armor. They don't need Mana. They would get HP anyway. While a Melee can strictly get fatigue and level at a much faster rate as they are uninterrupted (and just make sure the mobs hit them for 0), casters would need to get mana to accomplish something along the same lines, which causes a disadvantage not only in PvE, but in PvP as well.

So unless the plan is to make it so that if you want to PvP, you're badly going to be hit in the leveling area / annoyance factor of the anti-bot / fatigue and if you want to PvE, you're going to get 1 shot in PvP, then somethings needs to change.

This is, of course, with the understanding that PvP will be implemented at some point (which TS said it would be). However, this also affects strictly PvE.
FireStarter said on: 2009-02-28 06:01 pm
5506 Days, 8 Hrs, 13 Min, 32 Sec ago
Casters don't need fatigue... I'm still sitting on 5 from when I started. For the longest time I was sitting on 50+ hp aswell with no problems then gradually jumped it to 100. When I hit 1500mp I decided to start pumping hp and am around 200 and something now.

I really havnt had any problems.
Elmy said on: 2009-02-28 06:07 pm
5506 Days, 8 Hrs, 8 Min, 7 Sec ago
Woops then. Was it recharging mana that prompted the Anti-bot then? I can't remember. I thought I remembered casting a spell used a fatigue charge.

Scratch that part of my post, then. I still stand behind the gay anti-bot part though.
Hellraiser said on: 2009-02-28 10:39 pm
5506 Days, 3 Hrs, 36 Min, 3 Sec ago
As far as I know, casting doesn't require any fatigue at all.

And you have to keep in mind that even though a spell may cost > 1 MP as compared to 1 Fatigue per melee, spell caster's get the added bonus of ignoring a percentage of a mob/player's armor. So if a caster has a 50-50 damage spell, up against a melee-character with a 50-50 damage weapon, and they have the same armour/nearly the same HP, the caster would win. Every time.
Battlecruiser said on: 2009-03-01 12:39 am
5506 Days, 1 Hr, 36 Min, 9 Sec ago
Yeah Elm, you're wrong about the spell/fatigue part.

"I remember the biggest part of my annoyance with playing at all was typing in the correct code." - I agree with that though. Maybe a different design could be good.
DannyFo (Mod) said on: 2009-03-04 05:08 pm
5502 Days, 9 Hrs, 6 Min, 34 Sec ago
Well, the only thing that bugs me entirely is the fact that it is case sensitive. And I agree the anti-bot should be more like TL. As of right now it is just an annoyance and keeps me from playing the game. I have pumped fatigue only up to about 100 and it is still annoying.

Just some input.
Hellraiser said on: 2009-03-04 05:23 pm
5502 Days, 8 Hrs, 51 Min, 52 Sec ago
Call me crazy, but I'm on 56k, and I've got 600 fatigue. So it's kinda like a reward for me when I can stop attacking that stupid Behemoth Assassin over, and over, and over again, and head back to an Altar -.-
TheSource (Admin) said on: 2009-03-04 06:15 pm
5502 Days, 8 Hrs, 2 Sec ago
I'll be modifying the anti-bot slightly later tonight. Perhaps the changes will alleviate some of the issues.
Jing said on: 2010-09-12 10:54 pm
4945 Days, 3 Hrs, 20 Min, 50 Sec ago
Mages were so underpowered.