WaR2: New Horizons Forum

Perhaps a Strange Request 5 replies

TheQuickness said on: 2009-03-04 08:13 pm
5529 Days, 7 Hrs, 4 Min, 12 Sec ago
I'm sure a lot of people will disagree, maybe not immediatley but at the least down the line a bit. Could the builders please not tell what drops what to any of the players?

I'm pretty sure that has been happening recently, but I could be wrong.

It's just half of the fun of the game was always the discoveries. The player side input into player made guides, hints, maps, and strategies. Some of that is still happening, but if people can just ask if a mob drops something worth grinding for, it diminishes the quality of the finding.

For instance one of my favorite moments before the reset was when I found potion stained robes. Noone told me that they would drop, or even that there was better armor in the game than available at the shop. I spent a lot of time grinding different mobs in an effort to find better equipment after the shops stopped measuring up.

Which brings me to another odd request that isn't so pertinent at the moment. I would like there to be a point where there are no armors/shields/weapons that can be bought at the shops to kill monsters appropriate for your level. This makes the p2p markets more important and will add to the interest in high level play. (Which will be important if there will be no resets in the immediate future)

So what I'm really asking is for more drops to be added, (which has already been happening for a while) for players not to be given information about the drops, and for you to stop adding weapon and armor shops. (spell shops will be neccessary until a new way to learn spells is created, which is another thing I would actually not like to be told)

Since I've heard the reset is only waiting for a few of the builders to complete their area(s), it's not quite too late for this.
TheSource (Admin) said on: 2009-03-04 09:14 pm
5529 Days, 6 Hrs, 3 Min, 52 Sec ago
I've actually had the stance that drop info not be given out. and I'm disappointed that somehow it always seems to be given out. I will be having a talk with my builders. As far as the spell shops, I'll be adding a level up ability for spell casting classes, so that every 5 or 10 levels (not sure yet) they'll be given a choice between a few spells to leanr (They can only choose one, and the stats will be hidden, Choices will be made by description and spell name >:] )

There will be a few other nifty and small updates, as guilds was the last major feature, my time will be spent fine tuning pre-existing features.
ShadyKnight (Mod) said on: 2009-03-04 11:06 pm
5529 Days, 4 Hrs, 10 Min, 58 Sec ago
I am in total agreeance. I think that the drops make grinding actually have some fun to it. I have been asked many times about drops, and I refuse to give out drop-rates. In essence, you will have no problems with me for this. I believe in secrecy, especially when it lends to gameplay. That is why my FAQ is purposely vague, and only encompasses the starter monsters where the drops are common knowledge (I wrote the FAQ when I was not a Builder) so as to leave some fun in the game.

Additionally, I would love to see some more user-input on things such as FAQs and whatnot. The problem is that there appears to be few people willing to take the time to do something for everybody. Compiling an FAQ should be a point of pride! I had a great time piecing mine together, and looking at it makes me happy.

To constructive users: get involved in the game on more levels... contribute stuff, dicuss things in the forums, give out general ideas, anything really. Just have fun, and enjoy the multi-faceted game that is WaR2: New Horizons.
Sal said on: 2009-03-05 03:37 pm
5528 Days, 11 Hrs, 40 Min, 22 Sec ago
lol, choice of spells:

1- GODLY FREAKIN LASER BLAST TO THE HEAD (hidden dmg 1-2)

2- Awful rotten egg sandwich (hidden dmg OVER NINE THOUSAND)

HMMMM...!
DrakenRahl said on: 2009-03-05 10:01 pm
5528 Days, 5 Hrs, 16 Min, 51 Sec ago
Where is this FAQ, shady? I enjoy making FAQs, I just need to get into the game more.
Jing said on: 2010-09-12 10:55 pm
4972 Days, 4 Hrs, 22 Min, 28 Sec ago
I think he already made a FAQ.