General Forum

SeanM lives. 22 replies

NN.RAID said on: 2007-10-27 10:18 pm
6019 Days, 7 Hrs, 27 Min, 24 Sec ago
I was playing Urban Terror today and someone's name was "McNamara". When I asked if his name was Sean he told me to jump off a bridge and started a vote to kick me.
DrakenRahl said on: 2007-10-27 10:43 pm
6019 Days, 7 Hrs, 2 Min, 20 Sec ago
lol
Dondon said on: 2007-10-27 11:04 pm
6019 Days, 6 Hrs, 40 Min, 38 Sec ago
Hah!

I KNEW you played! What's your alias?

McNamara's a pretty common name.
NN.RAID said on: 2007-10-28 08:36 pm
6018 Days, 9 Hrs, 8 Min, 31 Sec ago
This is terran in case you were wondering. Do you use Dondon? I use a ton of names. For now I'm using "x!". What server do you play on?
Dondon said on: 2007-10-28 10:18 pm
6018 Days, 7 Hrs, 26 Min, 57 Sec ago
Ahh. I saw some guy named "N A T I O N S" today and I thought it might have been you, but his ping was bad (meaning he wasn't in the US).

I play wherever's populated but not full, excluding team deathmatch servers. I only play on North American servers.

I change names all the time. I have an "official" name and tag but I haven't used it on a public server in at least 2 years. It's kind of a thing to do in Urban Terror... If I see you I'll say hi.:P
NN.RAID said on: 2007-10-29 06:50 am
6017 Days, 22 Hrs, 54 Min, 30 Sec ago
I refuse to join a clan in Urban Terror. In Quake 3 I'm in a clan and on their server they have stats and I worry too much about score, kind of ruins the fun. So I just mess around. I've only been playing a few days. It's a really good game though.
Scytherboom said on: 2007-10-29 01:29 pm
6017 Days, 16 Hrs, 16 Min, 22 Sec ago
I'm going to download this game.
NN.RAID said on: 2007-10-29 02:37 pm
6017 Days, 15 Hrs, 7 Min, 59 Sec ago
If you don't have Quake 3:

Download Urban Terror IO

Download Urban Terror and in same location as Urban Terror IO

Double click or run Urban Terror IO icon.
DrakenRahl said on: 2007-10-29 04:23 pm
6017 Days, 13 Hrs, 22 Min, 6 Sec ago
I just downloaded it, I now understand your old icon dondon. lol..

[Added at 10/29/2007 17:44:54 by DrakenRahl]
When do you guys normally play? give me some info, maybe i can join sometime.. even tho i'm a noob XD
Nataku said on: 2007-10-29 05:45 pm
6017 Days, 11 Hrs, 59 Min, 26 Sec ago
hmmm, y'all would;nt know if SeanM was the producer SeanM

of the movie Bratz!
DrakenRahl said on: 2007-10-29 05:56 pm
6017 Days, 11 Hrs, 48 Min, 35 Sec ago
What I want to know is, how do you know who produced the movie brats?
NN.RAID said on: 2007-10-29 07:42 pm
6017 Days, 10 Hrs, 2 Min, 44 Sec ago
You reminded me I never knew what his old icon was until I found this game. I thought it was pepper shakers. Anyways, I'm a noob too. I've been playing 3 days :P. I'm better with an assault rifle but sniper with mp5 is more fun. I'll look up the name of the servers I usually play on and post here tomorrow or whatever.
Nataku said on: 2007-10-29 09:09 pm
6017 Days, 8 Hrs, 35 Min, 54 Sec ago
i saw the name Sean Mcnamara on the poster credits, no i did not see it since i'm not a skinner o.o

[Added at 10/29/2007 22:11:29 by Nataku]
correction, not producer, but director.
Dondon said on: 2007-10-29 09:46 pm
6017 Days, 7 Hrs, 59 Min, 14 Sec ago
Here are some suggestions:

Use the LR300 if you want an assault rifle.
Use the SR8 if you want to snipe.
Use the SPAS if you need a secondary (with the SR8; otherwise you'll just have a pistol which isn't great for closeup).
Use Kevlar vest and helmet always until you're able to move fast and evade fire better. It actually doesn't matter if you're a ninja; it's a good idea to have at least one of them.
If you're using an assault rifle (besides the G36), use a laser.

Here's the order I recommend choosing items in:
1. First protective item (helmet or vest)
2. Laser (if needed)
3. Second protective item

I like the following loadouts:
LR, Beretta, Helmet, Vest, Laser
SR8, SPAS, Beretta, Helmet, Vest
LR, Beretta, Helmet, Laser, Silencer (used that almost exclusively before the new 4.0 version came out)

Those are what I use 99% of the time and I use the first one 80% of that time.

I advise against wasting a slot on a secondary when you have an assault rifle. I also advise against just using what I use, since everyone plays different. Keep in mind I've been playing for years and I know what I like and what I don't.
DrakenRahl said on: 2007-10-29 10:51 pm
6017 Days, 6 Hrs, 54 Min, 6 Sec ago
I've just been playing tonight, a few times, but I played a free for all and actually got the most kills =p wahoo..lol.. But I see add a friend, what are the names you add?
NN.RAID said on: 2007-10-30 01:30 pm
6016 Days, 16 Hrs, 14 Min, 51 Sec ago
I never play free for all. I also used to play Team Death match but stopped also. Nobody plays bomb. So I basically play survival and capture the flag.

What I use:
LR300/Deagle/Vest/Laser/Silencer
SP8/MP5/Deagle/Vest/Medpack

And on some maps such as the desert one that's large (starts with an r) I use g36.

I don't really like using SPAS though/.
DrakenRahl said on: 2007-10-30 04:11 pm
6016 Days, 13 Hrs, 33 Min, 39 Sec ago
i think i'm going to start playing survial, what server do you normally play on? my name has been Letitburn, if you see me on.
NN.RAID said on: 2007-10-30 05:35 pm
6016 Days, 12 Hrs, 9 Min, 25 Sec ago
Lol, dondon. I was browsing the forum looking for a site to host a server (Do you know one, btw? A lot of people use server-sales.de but I don't speak German :P) and I saw a post by you.

[Added at 10/30/2007 18:43:15 by NN.RAID]
Nevermind, I'll just google it. Like I said I don't want to get involved in clans but getting a server would be cool because I could kick people and stuff. :D Having a cs server is the best. Spawn weapons, fly, do anything.
Dondon said on: 2007-10-30 07:55 pm
6016 Days, 9 Hrs, 50 Min, 17 Sec ago
Terran: I'm not sure if you're being serious about the server thing, but...
First, you need to find a North American host.=P I think GameServers is popular.
Second, the point of a server is to have it populated and fun to play on, not to kick people and screw with settings.
Third, the community is so small and there are so many servers (mostly clan servers that are empty 24/7 in the off season) that another one probably won't be used. I advise you not to waste money on one!

That map's called Riyadh.

Popular gametypes:
Team survivor - second most popular gametype. It's probably the best test of individual skill, though teamwork isn't totally unnecessary. My favorite game type, though it's not very fun with more than 7 players a side.

Capture the flag - most popular gametype for public servers, for obvious reasons. It requires more teamwork than TS since the dead respawn constantly. It's fun on pubs, but it's a lot more fun with a good team. Speed is more important in CTF (IMO) than in TS.

Unpopular gametypes (no particular order):
Free for all (deathmatch)- self explanatory. It's unpopular and few people play it (all of them are newbs=P) so you won't gain skill (if you care about that). Of course it can be fun, but I don't think there's a decent server that hosts it.

Team deathmatch - it's not even fun. The competition in it is pretty weak since it's unpopular with skilled players, and it's an afterthought in the developers' minds so it's poorly implemented.

Capture and hold - rather fun, but rarely played. The goal is to hold flags (usually 6-10 total on the map) until a round ends, then they reset, and you do it again. Your team gets points for flags held at the end of the round. Flags turn instantly. I haven't played it in over a year.

Follow the leader - extremely frustrating with a clueless team. The goal is to get your leader to the other team's flag first to win the round. If he dies, your goal changes to eliminate the other team. It's fun, but most people don't get how to play it (even though it says right in the game!). It's even rarer than CAH.

Bomb - fun but never played anymore. It was used in competition to replace TS for a few seasons about 1.5 - 3 years ago and went over fairly well. I enjoyed it. However, once it was done away with, it completely disappeared from the community. It was brought back last season but was scrapped half way through for being campy and all around gay to play. Apparently everyone (including me) remembered it fondly and then realized how awful it was for a game like Urban Terror. If you've played CS, you know exactly how BM (bomb mode) plays. Then imagine everyone has speed hacks.

So there's a bit of info on the gametypes.
NN.RAID said on: 2007-10-31 01:05 pm
6015 Days, 16 Hrs, 39 Min, 38 Sec ago
I'm not going to be on netnexus much after this post but I'll reply anyways. Also I wasn't going to mess with people or cheat I just wanted to have one, but I guess you're right. The one's that are populated stay populated and vice versa. People go to the same servers and It's hard to make one popular.
DrakenRahl said on: 2007-11-01 09:57 pm
6014 Days, 7 Hrs, 47 Min, 29 Sec ago
dondon, You should play on UrT with me :p I'm slowly getting addicted.. I normally play ts, but i'm not that great, i just started a few days ago.
Dondon said on: 2007-11-02 11:14 pm
6013 Days, 6 Hrs, 30 Min, 33 Sec ago
Well what's your current name and where do you usually play?

Here's more advice from me(!):

I'm not sure if you've played many FPS (first person shooter) games. If you have, forgive me for the obvious!

Aim is very important. You should take the time to aim your crosshair at someone's chest or head before shooting. Depending on the skill level of your opponents, you could suffer a lot of deaths due to their much faster aiming. It happens at first, but you'll get faster quickly. It's important to learn proper technique (aim then shoot) so you don't end up spamming (shooting more than half your clip in a single burst) half your clip before getting a hit. I recommend holding your crosshair at body level at all times.

Controlling your fire is also very important. Unlike "unrealistic" games such as Unreal Tourney, there's recoil and spread. Sustained fire will result in bullets deviating more from the center of the crosshair, as well as your barrel moving up gradually. The key to combatting this is to fire in bursts (NOT the "burst" mode setting) of 1-7 shots depending on the target's distance. The further away, the less shots per burst and the more time you should wait between bursts.

These tips/necessities may not seem to pay off vs. even moderately skilled players at first, but pretty soon you'll be able to hold your own.
DrakenRahl said on: 2007-11-03 09:56 am
6012 Days, 19 Hrs, 48 Min, 51 Sec ago
Thanks for the tips, this is probably the first fps i've actually played and gotten into, besides CS, which seems pretty similar :p ... But, my name is Letitburn=- usually, I use to go by -=Jesus but I keep getting kicked from servers =( lol

Also, I normally play ts on most servers with 5-10 people.. or when ts is dead i'll go to deathmatches or ffa.