General Forum

Playing God, the Mayan Calendar, and Doomsday. 6 replies

Jing said on: 2008-09-08 07:23 pm
5700 Days, 22 Hrs, 7 Min, 39 Sec ago
http://tinyurl.com/6xkovg

"Conclusion: In approximately 48 hours, the unfathomable forces that might be unleashed into the Earth and eventually the universe from the Large Hadron Collider could possibly be the Doomsday event of 2012 that the Mayans predicted in their infamous calendar. Remember Richard C. Hoagland’s prediction that definitive results from the start-up of the LHC will not be known until four years from now? 2012 is only four years away. WW~"

---

Your thoughts on this subject?

Sal said on: 2008-09-08 08:40 pm
5700 Days, 20 Hrs, 50 Min, 57 Sec ago
Bunch of bull. God doesnt exist. Google proofs.
Creativename said on: 2008-09-08 10:32 pm
5700 Days, 18 Hrs, 58 Min, 28 Sec ago
I trust the scientists working on the project know more about their machine than do the quacks who believe in a fu*king 1000 year old calendar. Some German chemist, Otto somethingorother, says that if something goes wrong, in 4 years, a ray of light will erupt in the Indian ocean. Then another will erupt opposite it. This will indicate there's a quasar inside the Earth. Then Armageddon will commence. DUDE YOU BELIEVE IN ARMAGEDDON AND GOT YOUR DATE FROM THE MAYAN CALENDER. YOU HAVE NO CREDIBILITY, SHUT THE FUC* UP KTHX. Just because you get a degree in science, doesn't mean you actually believe in science. Believing in science, to me, is continuing to develop and research new ideas. If we stop because we're scared, we're vanilla ice ice baby ed as a society. I bet it was scary as hell for those in the Middle Ages to propose new theories that contradicted the ass-backwards beliefs of the church. You could get burned or exiled or any number of horrible things. We still have to play with fire. I'm not saying the LHC is 100% safe. It's not. A lot of the stuff is theoretical. A lot of it's been proven, but some of it is still just on paper. But we're working with extremely precise equipment that can calculate things way better than 70 years ago. People thought the nuclear bomb would burn the atmosphere off the planet. They were wrong. If the world is destroyed by a black hole, it was in the name of science, in a valiant attempt to pave the way to new technologies and ideas to help improve our lives, not in the name of some archaic myth about a man in the sky, against another group that believes the same myth. Humanity did not get where it is by doing what was tried and true. If we had, we wouldn't even have fire 'cuz we'd be scared to burn ourselves.

(Oh hey, that article is by the same German vanilla ice ice baby up as I mentioned in my post. I didn't even read the article until the end of this.)

"Richard C. Hoagland (born April 25, 1945) is an author who claims that advanced civilizations exist or once existed on the moon, Mars and on some of the moons of Jupiter and Saturn, and that NASA and the United States government collaborated to keep these facts secret."

HOLY SH*T GO KILL YOURSELF NOW. YOU'RE A FU*KING EMBARRASSMENT TO THE HUMAN RACE. PEOPLE ON JUPITER? MAYBE THE US GOVERNMENT IS HOLDING ALIENS TOO? OH, WAIT, YOU BELIEVE THAT TOO! "[Dick C Horsesh*t asserts] A feature in an image of the lunar surface, mistakenly believed by professional planetary scientists to be a rock formation, is actually the severed head of a robot" THAT'S ALMOST AS STUPID AS CLAIMING ROCKS ARE MARTIAN TECHNOLOGY. YEAH, THESE ARE REAL ADVANCED CIVILIZATIONS.

How can anyone give any credibility to these conspiracy theorist Bible thumpers? I'd love for once to see a sane person, with actual (extensive) experience in the field, come up with a conspiracy theory about something, and cite real documents without massive context raping.

[Added at 09/08/2008 22:34:28 by Creativename^]
vanilla ice ice baby = fu*k

way to make my post make less sense than Dick C Hoaglandwhatever.
Ultraman6 said on: 2008-09-08 10:58 pm
5700 Days, 18 Hrs, 32 Min, 57 Sec ago
Rob for victory!
Creativename said on: 2008-09-08 10:59 pm
5700 Days, 18 Hrs, 31 Min, 35 Sec ago
Random rants on stuff I don't care about ftw!
InuYasha said on: 2008-09-10 08:40 pm
5698 Days, 20 Hrs, 50 Min, 20 Sec ago
Irrational Fear.

The calander in my room ends on December 31st 2008. Guess the world is ending after that.
Creativename said on: 2008-09-10 10:18 pm
5698 Days, 19 Hrs, 12 Min, 55 Sec ago
HOLY SHIT MINE TOO OMG OMG WERE ALL GOING TO DIE DIE DIE