General Forum

Death in of a Wal-Mart Salesmen 9 replies

RecklessPerson said on: 2008-12-01 11:23 pm
5621 Days, 10 Hrs, 31 Min, 16 Sec ago
You guys should read this article (http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/01/business/media/01carr.html?bl&ex=1228366800&en=999dc033151c2b6c&ei=5087%0A)

Its and interesting thing to consider.
Arch-Devil said on: 2008-12-01 11:35 pm
5621 Days, 10 Hrs, 19 Min, 8 Sec ago
I'm actually surprised, that's terrible. I also hate how they look for some kind of external blame. How stupid can people get. I mean I thought US was supposed to be a Christian nation or some crap... where in Christianity does it say that's it's okay to trample people to death? Did no one think to themself "Hmm.. I wonder if that person that fell and got stepped on by hundreds of people is okay?" No no, they must just be having a mid shopping nap, i'll just go buy my cheap LCD tv.
At least when the economy goes down the poo poo ter this time we can all sit back in our discount Lazyboys and watch our discount 42" LCD Hi def TV's...
InuYasha said on: 2008-12-02 12:09 am
5621 Days, 9 Hrs, 44 Min, 41 Sec ago
This is why I hate Americans.
Dealer1 said on: 2008-12-02 01:06 am
5621 Days, 8 Hrs, 47 Min, 37 Sec ago
On the news two days ago over here.

1) Mumbai terror attacks
Was worried because I have a friend there.

2) The Don Muang airport turmoil
Had to cancel a planned trip to Bangkok next month

3) Wal-Mart salesman trampled to death
This made the news?!?!
Jing said on: 2008-12-02 02:07 am
5621 Days, 7 Hrs, 46 Min, 41 Sec ago
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Q2EPKKVrqI
Sal said on: 2008-12-02 07:53 am
5621 Days, 2 Hrs, 36 Sec ago
The news article talks more about shopping than the actual death. Wtf?! I know the guy who wrote it is somewhat trying to repent for what the news did, but i'd like details on the dead guy -.-
RecklessPerson said on: 2008-12-03 09:11 am
5620 Days, 43 Minutes, 11 Seconds ago
The death was covered fairly extensively in another article. This guy was just trying to point out how stupid we are. Oh and now two people who were part of that mob are suing Wal-Mart for "neck and back pain", claiming that Wal Mart should have made it safer for them. Gotta love America.
Sal said on: 2008-12-03 12:23 pm
5619 Days, 21 Hrs, 30 Min, 29 Sec ago
Rofl...next year you'll see warning signs saying "Even if our walls have been cushionned, we ask you to be careful on Black Friday and try to avoid mass killing ppl that are in your way."
RecklessPerson said on: 2008-12-03 01:55 pm
5619 Days, 19 Hrs, 58 Min, 40 Sec ago
The problem with this is WalMart wants this exact reaction. They want crazy people running through the store in a mad dash to get more crap to put in their homes. Apple had a huge line of people who wanted the iPhone and yet they could maintain order. It's pathetic for this country to get so worked up over some small savings on junk.

And we have signs on everything else already warning us not to do things so I guess that is what we will see. "Warning: Crazy people running through the store looking for junk, please watch your step".
ILLiCiT said on: 2008-12-03 08:58 pm
5619 Days, 12 Hrs, 55 Min, 24 Sec ago
Highlight for Walmart bashing.
Who buys stuff at Walmart? White trash. Who cares about saving $5 on stuff they don't need and can't afford ("people mobbing Wal-Mart because they fear they can’t afford higher prices elsewhere")? White trash. Who brings their children (in strollers, no less) shopping on Black Friday? White trash. Who has so many kids they can use them as weapons ("we know a few shoppers willing to use four wheels and a child as a weapon")? White trash. Who is fat enough to cause the death of an adult male by walking on him? White trash.

Do you want to be considered a cousin-fucking, trailer-renting, welfare-collecting, uneducated piece of white trash? Then don't shop at Walmart! Don't buy stuff you don't need. Don't buy cheap garbage you're going to throw in the landfill next year. Don't put your dignity (if you have any) and basic decency above saving money on a knockoff 42" LCD.

I think every Walmart in the world attracts the same kind of people. Yeah, a lot of normal people shop there, but the ratio of fat stupid disgusting people to normal people is way higher at Walmart than anywhere else. Where I live, you don't see many of those subhumans around. That's probably because they live in Walmart. I don't have anything against fat people or poor people. I have a problem with the ignorant sacks of what did I just step in who shop at Walmart, because they're an entire culture devoted to being massively selfish and bent on bringing down the rest of the world. Buying far more stuff than they need and chucking it in the landfill when their inbred offspring breaks it a week later. With welfare money. Maxing out credit cards and costing everyone money when they can't pay up. Driving oversized cars they can't afford everywhere they go because they're too fat to walk. Eating the food of four people, while buying for sixteen people, wasting the extra 75%. When you use the resources of several people combined all while doing nothing useful for society, you are a parasite. You think I'm joking or overreacting? It's the sad truth. There are millions of people like that. They're called regular Walmart customers. =(