General Forum

a particle beam 6 replies

Nataku said on: 2013-06-20 01:16 am
3953 Days, 14 Hrs, 36 Min, 16 Sec ago
hmm I think it's plausible just use a type of rail gun too propel or project glass p[articles at a flesh target.

remember, cigarette filters DO make your lung and heart lining bleed.
Ilidan said on: 2013-06-27 07:42 am
3946 Days, 8 Hrs, 9 Min, 49 Sec ago
You've already asked this. And I already pointed out that it's a stupid question.
InuYasha said on: 2013-07-26 04:37 am
3917 Days, 11 Hrs, 14 Min, 58 Sec ago
There is no such thing as a stupid question.

2,100 years ago I bet they thought indoor plumbing was idiotic, but look at us now. We poop in the comfort of our own home without batting an eye.

I bet they thought using explosions to propel hunks of metal at each other was dumb too. Now we have the luxury of butchering one another from a distance.

What a wonderful world we live in.
ShadowLord69 said on: 2013-08-05 02:12 pm
3907 Days, 1 Hr, 39 Min, 45 Sec ago
I see I've missed a lot...
Ilidan said on: 2013-08-09 07:18 am
3903 Days, 8 Hrs, 34 Min, 18 Sec ago
Inu - the reason I say it's a stupid question is not because it is uninformed.

The idea of indoor plumbing was foreign, and they would probably have screamed "witchcraft". That doesn't make indoor plumbing stupid.

A stupid question would be, "why do we need indoor plumbing? Can't we just dig a hole in the ground?"

I call it a stupid question, because someone is recommending that we replace our current technology with something more expensive, less efficient, and generally inferior. It's not a smart idea.

The idea of "there is no stupid question" can very quickly lead to "there are no stupid people", and frankly, that's wrong. Not saying that there is anything wrong with someone being less intelligent, or that they have any fewer rights, but it's a fact of life that we are not all the same, and some people are smarter than others.
ShadowLord69 said on: 2013-08-13 07:32 am
3899 Days, 8 Hrs, 20 Min, 9 Sec ago
I almost posted a rant about your response.

if you think someone is below you and you feel offended by having to respond to them, then don't. move along and let someone else.

very simply stupidity/wisdom is in context, intent and knowledge or lack thereof.

I think the majority of Christians and Jews who know about Islam and refuse to accept it are fools, but do they think the same?

anywho that's all

Leroy

p.s hi lol
Ilidan said on: 2013-08-15 08:41 am
3897 Days, 7 Hrs, 10 Min, 52 Sec ago

Shadow, I didn't call the him stupid, I said it was a stupid question.

ONE, I have already explained to him why such a device doesn't exist (in a different threat), and TWO, the idea is flawed in ways that even the uneducated would be able to point out.

To say "there is no such thing as stupid" is what led to the sense of entitlement that plagues youth today.