Terran Legacy Forum

A Sad Day in Terran Legacy History 11 replies

Cooper said on: 2005-07-15 07:57 pm
6859 Days, 6 Hrs, 53 Min, 33 Sec ago
Today I sit at a laptop at a friend's house and think about the fact that I am going to disband, I look back at the days that ShadyKnights has been through.

When I originally made ShadyKnights, it was shortly after I had quit DemonsChild. I was the newest clan in the days of MA, SOA, DC & HR. But shortly these "super-clans" started to fail under their own weight, and under the stress that TL endured because of Nations. A lot of members (thebest & BattleCruiser & even DruggyDouggy to name a few) left for Nations fame. I never have owned a home computer, so I wasn't able to properly play Nations, so I didn't follow suit.

I stayed here, and beside SoA and Damage, we ruled a long list of newbie clans that came and went faster than the Vancouver Canucks' hopes of winning the Stanley Cup (home joke)

Eventually, SK got to a point where we had over 175 files of fair value in our clan. During this period of time, Yuna left to make United. Since a lot of the members of SK were recruited by her, and I was fairly inactive at the time, they all joined her in her clan. When I came back from my absence, SK was in shambles, so I disbanded until I could find time to rebuild.

This was the time that I took on United clan with LR. The sad thing is that I made LR because I didn't want to have to disband the name of SK forever.

After the war (and a sad loss) I decided it was time to rebuild SK. With the help of Flindbar, and later Dondon, SKwas rebuilt to near it's former glory. After a LARGE loss of members to the one time clan "The Syndicate" we got a war called on us. With Dondon, Gyah, Seph, WeaponX and I holding the fort, all seemed hopeless, until The Syndicate threw the fight. Yes, I will publicly admit they threw the fight. Flindbar and Darkside both held back kills because their intentions weren't to disband SK, but rather to increase activity. I disbanded again by my own choice because I was shamed that I had a fight thrown for me.

After a hiatus, I tried once again to bring back SK. It was doing okay, but we never really got off the start line. Most of our key members went on a long term retirement, and we became a laughing stock among the new blood that was rising around us. Now is the time to put the horse out to pasture. Peace out "ShadyKnights" aka º§Kº aka {ShadyKnights} aka {SK} aka a great deal of other things. May you be a piece of NetNexus history forever.
ShadyKnight (Mod) said on: 2007-02-17 04:04 am
6277 Days, 22 Hrs, 45 Min, 52 Sec ago
After reading this thread, I have realized that bringing back SK could be a double-egded sword: the clan was well-loved, but it would be a discretion of the rules as well as going against what I had already said.

Oh well... I'm a Mod, and if you don't like me bringing SK back ... *bans*

</joke>
NineBrEaKeR said on: 2007-02-17 11:08 am
6277 Days, 15 Hrs, 42 Min, 46 Sec ago
hellz ya
TinaMiaz said on: 2007-02-17 03:18 pm
6277 Days, 11 Hrs, 32 Min, 38 Sec ago
Ah, I remember back then. Twas a sad day but we all get over it. Bringing SK back would be great.
ShadyKnight (Mod) said on: 2007-03-26 01:22 am
6241 Days, 1 Hr, 28 Min, 23 Sec ago
HISTORY LESSON!
Tymoney321 said on: 2007-03-26 05:26 am
6240 Days, 21 Hrs, 24 Min, 5 Sec ago
Sad day indeed, *tear*
DrakenRahl said on: 2007-03-26 09:02 am
6240 Days, 17 Hrs, 48 Min, 16 Sec ago
I was in The Syndicate, hmm, why wasn't I mentioned? :P
Dndn_dontbanme said on: 2007-03-26 10:38 pm
6240 Days, 4 Hrs, 12 Min, 34 Sec ago
After the war (and a sad loss) I decided it was time to rebuild SK. With the help of Flindbar, and later Dondon, SKwas rebuilt to near it's former glory. After a LARGE loss of members to the one time clan "The Syndicate" we got a war called on us. With Dondon, Gyah, Seph, WeaponX and I holding the fort, all seemed hopeless, until The Syndicate threw the fight. Yes, I will publicly admit they threw the fight. Flindbar and Darkside both held back kills because their intentions weren't to disband SK, but rather to increase activity. I disbanded again by my own choice because I was shamed that I had a fight thrown for me.

/win

And TS was too ashamed to admit they lost to SK rofl. Of course it was only me who killed anything. I don't think Gyah was even around.
TinaMiaz said on: 2007-03-27 08:37 am
6239 Days, 18 Hrs, 13 Min, 38 Sec ago
I was in TS aswell :

[Added at 03/27/2007 09:39:33 by TinaMiaz]
Oh, and ryan\Juan weren't the only ones to hold kills.
ShadyKnight (Mod) said on: 2007-03-31 12:47 am
6236 Days, 2 Hrs, 3 Min, 29 Sec ago
Oh well, it was a public shaming for all involved. I never thought there could be anything more lame than playing this game. I was wrong. Caring deeply about this game is MUCH lamer.

Man, I'm lame...
FireStarter said on: 2007-04-02 09:43 pm
6233 Days, 5 Hrs, 7 Min, 3 Sec ago
I should delete this thread. >:)
TinaMiaz said on: 2007-04-02 10:12 pm
6233 Days, 4 Hrs, 38 Min, 41 Sec ago
Nevar :s