Terran Legacy Forum

Hello! (Introduction) 3 replies

NumberTheory said on: 2007-05-11 03:22 am
6167 Days, 2 Hrs, 12 Min, 12 Sec ago
I am very happy to see that TL is still alive. I was one of the original players when TL first came out.

Back then, I was playing on a 56k modem and the lag/server-loading-time was absolutely TERRIBLE! But I played until 3 in the morning anyway.

There were no items, no clans; no dark corners or known exploits; no money transfers, and no holiday-themed enemies. And there were no other games (with the exception of that War or War2 game or whatever it was; I did play that for a while, but it did not suit my fancy).

Anyway, my name is NumberTheory. I do not even remember what name I used 8-9 or so years ago, so unfortunately none of the old oldbies will be able to recognize me. Happyguy was nice enough to page me though and remind me of a name I do remember: Lazaruk, who dominated the boards for quite some time. (The spelling always escaped me though; I hope I did not mess it up).

I am so very glad that a vew players have remained loyal to such a simple but fun game such as TL. When I quit TL several years ago, I did not realize the value of a small, extremely loyal community. I still visited once in a while though, just to see how things were going. I was always surprised to find people still playing. I was even more surprised to find clans and tournaments going!

This is a very exciting time. I hope some more old oldbies come along whose names will somehow trigger very nostalgic memories of my sitting in front of my computer in middle school on a school night, clicking my mouse while I died to level 2 mutalisks. Blast them.

And I hope the TL community grows greater and maintains its strong loyalty to the game.

*raises glass for a toast* A toast to the loyal TL players and its community!

And I hope you all will forgive me for all these years, for I never posted once on the forums, but I always lurked around. :)

Good luck in the wastelands, and remember not to be too rejected when Erica kicks you in the balls. Again.

~NumberTheory
Happyguy said on: 2007-05-11 03:34 am
6167 Days, 1 Hr, 59 Min, 59 Sec ago
Here here

*raises glass*
Kaki1 said on: 2007-05-11 03:50 am
6167 Days, 1 Hr, 44 Min, 11 Sec ago
A good welcome to the pioneers of TL and to you NumberTheory...
ShadyKnight (Mod) said on: 2007-05-13 10:11 am
6164 Days, 19 Hrs, 23 Min, 25 Sec ago
Barracks > Pager > Top Marines > Back > Send