Terran Legacy Forum

Attn: All Terran Legacy Players! (create your own custom weapon) 14 replies

DannyFo (Mod) said on: 2010-02-24 01:36 pm
5166 Days, 21 Hrs, 29 Min, 27 Sec ago
Alright everyone,

March 1st a tournament is going to start. This is a different type of tournament than we are used to here in TL. In this tourny everyone will create a new character on the first day. You will then race to a specified rank. You are not allowed to go passed that rank or you will be disqualified. Once you reach the designated rank, it will be a battle for MP kills. At the end of the month, whoever has the most MP kills will be able to create their own custom weapon.

Some of the Rules are listed below:

1. Account must be created on March 1st or later (no sooner)
2. You are not allowed to transfer money from another account to help you get a better weapon or armor
3. No MPing one of your own accounts
4. No logging into another players account
5. You are not allowed to Rank past the designated stopping rank at any time during the contest month

That is all I have for rules right now. Now I have a question for you players. What rank do you think is a good stopping rank? Discuss and I will make a decision in the next few days.
WeaponX (Mod) said on: 2010-02-24 08:12 pm
5166 Days, 14 Hrs, 53 Min, 19 Sec ago
Sounds good to me. I will try and be active enough TL-wise to get an account to said specified rank. As for this rank, ShadyKnight might know better of what rank would be a good stopping point.

I also feel that we as mods should include ourselves in this event. An idea I always put in place during MP events was to ourselves sit in the MP arena or even attack arena campers, and if the player was lucky enough to kill us then they could count that kill towards their event kills, but if we killed them it would count for nothing as we aren't really participating. That is of course unless you'd like us to partake as well, which I also have no objections to ^_^. As coordinator, let me know what you think. :) Just throwing this idea in there.
DrakenRahl said on: 2010-02-24 09:27 pm
5166 Days, 13 Hrs, 38 Min, 44 Sec ago
Why Corey, why not Richard?! Damn you.

Like I said in chat, but now i've actually thought about it some.. I'd say commander is the best rank, because it does require a couple thousand kills in the WL to get to and, obviously, it's the minimum rank for the MPA.

Maybe Lt. Colonel? That's a couple up on Commander, I believe.

I also think the Mods should be allowed to join, the more the merrier?
FootSpa said on: 2010-02-25 02:51 am
5166 Days, 8 Hrs, 14 Min, 41 Sec ago
count me in
ShadyKnight (Mod) said on: 2010-02-25 09:33 pm
5165 Days, 13 Hrs, 33 Min, 5 Sec ago
Actually, the lowest rank is whatever level Colonel used to be, like 4 or something. I am a Sergeant Major or w/e and I'm in the MP already. If we're going for something of this caliber, I'd say the best idea would be a minimum requirement of 250 kills, and NO VIP binds as that would give a severely unfair advantage to the few players that had them. Somebody play for half an hour, and try the MP Arena and find out what the minimum rank is. At a low rank, other weapons could still be considered useful, and that way it will also promote people playing PAST 250 to get a better weapon or armor to win!

All in all, great idea. For every Mod except me, it will be fair to participate, so long as they adhere to the guidelines as well. Since I already have a permanent custom, I will judge the event (if nobody objects) as I have nothing to gain from it, and I'm impartial. Let the carnage begin!
DannyFo (Mod) said on: 2010-02-26 03:13 am
5165 Days, 7 Hrs, 52 Min, 15 Sec ago
I just did some testing.

I ran 3 accounts up to Corpral. One of them I didn't promote until he had level 3 Psi and a Vulcan Cannon. By the time I got both items, I promoted straight to Corpral. Another account I promoted as soon as I got the level 3 Psi armor and then promoted up. With this one I had trouble killing anything in the wastelands (like always) So making money to upgrade my weapon was tough. And the third I gave the best weapon and armor at the begining to see the minimum requirements to get to the level which was 35ish kills.

Corpral is the minimum rank to be able to MP. I don't think I'm going to put a minimum kills on the event. If you think you have a chance by getting Corpral and walking in with a 20mm and a Firebat suit, then thats up to you. But It took me close to 900 kills to get both the gun and armor I wanted before I started promoting on one of the accounts. Didn't take too long and I'd say that gives you a much better chance at ranking high in the event.
ShadyKnight (Mod) said on: 2010-02-26 06:44 pm
5164 Days, 16 Hrs, 21 Min, 40 Sec ago
I think we officially have an event
MVP said on: 2010-02-27 02:48 am
5164 Days, 8 Hrs, 17 Min, 27 Sec ago
Hmmm I guess I won't be able to use my Admiral. Who wants to train me one?
Jing said on: 2010-02-27 03:23 pm
5163 Days, 19 Hrs, 42 Min, 12 Sec ago
This won't be something like the contest in War2, right?
Skully said on: 2010-03-03 03:55 pm
5159 Days, 19 Hrs, 10 Min, 32 Sec ago
Did someone undelete this? Why was it removed in the first place?

Anyway this tournament is already ongoing.

Get up to Coporal (does not take long at all) and head to the MPA so I can paint the walls of the arena with your blood as I loot your dead corpse and add +1 to my kills every five minutes.

http://www.netnexus.com/forums/terranlegacy/terranlegacy.php?665754

You have 28 more days remaining.

[Added at 03/03/2010 15:59:13 by Skully]
I'm curious if I would be allowed to train other people to the rank of Corpral (with proper weapons) in order for them to participate on the tournament. No MP kills will be done, infact the training can take place without the tag on.

Just curious if that would get more people interested and get this thing active. If this is okay then would anyone be interested? If not then get to training yourselves lazies.
Sal said on: 2010-03-04 01:18 pm
5158 Days, 21 Hrs, 47 Min, 52 Sec ago
If you can do that for me, i'm in
Skully said on: 2010-03-06 09:15 am
5157 Days, 1 Hr, 50 Min, 17 Sec ago
Well unless a mod says I can then I'm not.

"4. You cannot use other people's accounts."

Not worth disqualification. Get to training!
ShadyKnight (Mod) said on: 2010-03-08 02:26 pm
5154 Days, 20 Hrs, 39 Min, 55 Sec ago
Sal, it takes all of 25 kills to reach Corpral.
Sal said on: 2010-03-10 07:04 am
5153 Days, 4 Hrs, 1 Min, 26 Sec ago
Oh well, you're loosing a participant...which is like 30% of the players.
Jing said on: 2010-09-12 10:40 pm
4966 Days, 12 Hrs, 25 Min, 32 Sec ago
lol.
Funny.