WaR2: New Horizons Forum

Lich Lord 3 replies

Pismier said on: 2008-04-25 02:26 am
5838 Days, 5 Hrs, 7 Min, 33 Sec ago
Okay so after a few days of grinding on the lich lord i got him to drop.

Im not going to say what he dropped but im going to suggest to the builders that by the time you have the weapon and armor required to kill him efficiently the drop is slightly disappointing and to be honest with his drop rate you will of made enough money to buy a better one in the forest.
Dealer1 said on: 2008-04-26 12:49 am
5837 Days, 6 Hrs, 44 Min, 23 Sec ago
I can't say I disagree with you there. Before the beta reset, I killed hundreds of noblemen and not a single robe dropped. I simply gave up.

When grinding is the nature of the game, item drops break up the monotony. When drop rates get too low, an incentive becomes a demoraliser. The idea backfires.

For someone like me who cannot and am not willing to spend the time killing the same mob over and over again just for a drop that with all honesty, does not exist in practical terms, that's one fun factor out of the game for me.
Crlaozwyn said on: 2008-04-26 09:03 am
5836 Days, 22 Hrs, 30 Min, 13 Sec ago
It's not that I disagree with what you're saying, but I'd like to bring up a few things that may explain what's going on.

1) Currently there are no "rules" for builders setting drop rates when an area is made. Therefore, there is a lack of uniform drop rates - I've seen as high as 1 in 9900 before, and that on a near impossible mob for almost all players. Many builders, in an effort to keep an item rare or "valuable" will set astronomical drop rates that make it pointless to have the mob drop at all.

2) The quality of a drop is never guaranteed, although it is disappointing when a difficult mob drops garbage.

3) The Lich Lord is an exception, in that he originally did NOT drop anything. His drop was added at a later date, and I believe it was added by someone who did not build the area in the first place (although this could be incorrect).

Sorry about your bum luck in this case :( Please note that the droprate has been significantly adjusted.
Sinknight said on: 2008-07-23 02:00 pm
5748 Days, 17 Hrs, 33 Min, 48 Sec ago
I had gotten 3 of his items within 30 kills but after that nothing for over 400. I agree that it is disapoint for what it takes to kill him.