General Forum

Strange dream 33 replies

Dacrimoss said on: 2006-12-23 07:47 am
6325 Days, 18 Hrs, 31 Min, 0 Sec ago
Greetings.

I had a dream last night that none other than the man himself Tarsonis called me up and told me to get on the forums.

*shrugs*

Here I am.
Terran000 said on: 2006-12-23 08:23 am
6325 Days, 17 Hrs, 55 Min, 3 Sec ago
Yesterday, I had a dream that told me tommorow a man named Dacrimoss will appear on the Netnexus forum and I shall reply to his thread with these exact words, including the ones explaining the dream.
Jing said on: 2006-12-23 10:34 am
6325 Days, 15 Hrs, 44 Min, 5 Sec ago
o....kay....
*points to general forums*
and also
http://thescienceofsleep.imeem.com/
LagunaCid said on: 2006-12-23 12:48 pm
6325 Days, 13 Hrs, 29 Min, 58 Sec ago
Daccy! ^^
Nataku said on: 2006-12-23 03:32 pm
6325 Days, 10 Hrs, 46 Min, 12 Sec ago
*peers into forum*
Dacrimoss said on: 2006-12-23 05:24 pm
6325 Days, 8 Hrs, 53 Min, 31 Sec ago
Ah, a few familiar faces!

You guys know why I'm here. Got questions about the Bible, Christianity, how to go to heaven, etc? I'll try my best to answer them. I'm working on year 5 of Bible college, and would like to put my training and knowledge to the service of all.

I am currently working on a question that was given via email, but I am always willing to take on more.

Grace and peace to you all. And to the one whose father had a heart attack, my prayers are with you.
Beat said on: 2006-12-23 10:06 pm
6325 Days, 4 Hrs, 11 Min, 31 Sec ago
Hi Dacky! Merry Christmas! ^^

Question: Say, my friend ask me certain question regarding Christianity. I dig up all my available sources and found a standard answer. The thing is, even I am not convinced by the answer I found. What should I do? Just simply accept it and ignore my uncertainty, or should I start doubting...?
Korgrath (Mod) said on: 2006-12-24 02:41 am
6324 Days, 23 Hrs, 36 Min, 46 Sec ago
Ahh Dacri, who better to have visit us this close to Christmas! I hope school's been going well for you, I know my parents tried to push me to go there (I think it was that school) back when I was near graduation, but in the end it wasn't what I wanted to do.

Hope you have a great christmas!
Scytherboom said on: 2006-12-24 08:25 am
6324 Days, 17 Hrs, 52 Min, 46 Sec ago
Merry Christmas Dacci!!! Nice to see you! :)
Dacrimoss said on: 2006-12-24 08:27 am
6324 Days, 17 Hrs, 50 Min, 33 Sec ago
~Beat~

If you're not satisfied with the answer, there's probably a better one out there. I have been through something similar...given an answer on a passage, only to find that there was a much better answer, usually in the context of the passage I was looking at.

If you're not satisfied, keep digging. Ask people who might know a better answer, and don't forget to run it by your local pastor. He just might surprise you =)

~Korgrath~

Good to see you again.

PCC is a good school, but it definitely isn't for everyone. Go wherever God leads you. If by chance you do end up here, look me up! =)
Jing said on: 2006-12-24 09:08 am
6324 Days, 17 Hrs, 10 Min, 14 Sec ago
i think i can think of a few...
Dacrimoss said on: 2006-12-24 01:20 pm
6324 Days, 12 Hrs, 58 Min, 1 Sec ago
Merry Christmas to you too, Scytherboom =)

Good to see you again. How's life?

~Jing~

Nice buddy icon.
Fbg said on: 2006-12-24 04:06 pm
6324 Days, 10 Hrs, 11 Min, 28 Sec ago
Hey! You look familiar! Haha.

Why is it that when a certain individual doesn't have a religion, people judge them as a bad person, someone they wouldn't want to associate with, or something like that? I haven't yet figured out why.

Dacrimoss said on: 2006-12-24 07:11 pm
6324 Days, 7 Hrs, 6 Min, 34 Sec ago
~FBG~

Interesting question. Are you the "certain individual"?

People are born with a desire to worship a higher being. When most people see someone without that same desire, it triggers an emotional response comparable to when you meet someone who is handicapped or missing a body part.

It's as if something is supposed to be there that simply isn't.

For many, this is uncomfortable, even shocking at times. Some cannot handle it at all.
Fbg said on: 2006-12-24 08:35 pm
6324 Days, 5 Hrs, 43 Min, 5 Sec ago
Thanks, lol.

Actually, no, I am not that certain individual. lol. I just have many friends of different religion or no religion.

[Added at 12/24/2006 22:06:19 by Fbg]
Also, a question from one of my good friends.

"Does the guy you talk to about that see a difference in people who worship God and people who worship Satan?"

I don't fully understand what he is asking, but if you would please help him out with his request.
LagunaCid said on: 2006-12-24 11:31 pm
6324 Days, 2 Hrs, 47 Min, 16 Sec ago
Well, Daccy, I dont have a question for you, but you do remember that forum I linked to you some time ago full of heathens? xP
Rhunyc said on: 2006-12-24 11:56 pm
6324 Days, 2 Hrs, 22 Min, 0 Sec ago
Hello hello, nice to see you. :)

Have a merry Christmas and a happy new year.
Terran000 said on: 2006-12-25 10:38 am
6323 Days, 15 Hrs, 40 Min, 17 Sec ago
That's not right, comparing it to someone handicapped? hey buddy, i'm an atheist. Am I different? Ass.
Fbg said on: 2006-12-25 11:17 am
6323 Days, 15 Hrs, 33 Sec ago
That's not what he was saying. Get it straight.
Jing said on: 2006-12-25 12:22 pm
6323 Days, 13 Hrs, 55 Min, 35 Sec ago
i got one..

if a person doesn't believe in god, but he does alot of good deeds, does he still goes to heaven or do he just go to hell for not believing?
Gemz said on: 2006-12-25 05:42 pm
6323 Days, 8 Hrs, 35 Min, 45 Sec ago
I belive you must belive in God to go to heaven.
Beat said on: 2006-12-25 06:34 pm
6323 Days, 7 Hrs, 44 Min, 19 Sec ago
In addition for Gem's reply, I believe that one must believe in Jesus Christ to enter heaven.

Also, the definition of good deeds vary from cultures to cultures, time to time. Your good deed might be another's poison. Nonetheless, all orthodox religions out there still preaches about how doing good deeds will land you some merit in your afterlife. Only Christianity states that the only way for anyone to be saved is by accepting Christ as their personal saviour. As simple as that.

"Jesus answered, "I am the Way and the Truth and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." ~John 14:6

Dacky should be able to explain this better. Wait for his reply.
Communist said on: 2006-12-25 06:52 pm
6323 Days, 7 Hrs, 25 Min, 55 Sec ago
[size=5]LOL @ God
LagunaCid said on: 2006-12-26 01:34 am
6323 Days, 43 Minutes, 59 Seconds ago
Communist, shut the fuk up, as it looks that you dont even KNOW what Communism means.

By the way...

Daccy, I believe that there isnt a hell, that hell is only a state of spirit where you throw yourself away from the love of God, thus, everyone goes to Heaven, but only those who accept God and Jesus actually feels the love.
Silent_Killer said on: 2006-12-26 04:33 am
6322 Days, 21 Hrs, 45 Min, 11 Sec ago
I got a question:
Is it true that if I believe in God, I will go to Heaven?
If so, if a murderer believes in God before he is sentenced to death just for the sake of going to Heaven, will he still go to Heaven?
Jing said on: 2006-12-26 05:04 am
6322 Days, 21 Hrs, 13 Min, 32 Sec ago
great question SK, many peeps have killed in the name of god through the ages, i also wonders if they're going to heaven or hell
Beat said on: 2006-12-27 04:05 am
6321 Days, 22 Hrs, 12 Min, 52 Sec ago
@ Silent Killer and Jing:
I guess the problem most people have when they heard how a murderer will enter heaven is that they find it unacceptable how a monster of a man is promised paradise just because he repented at the last moment of his life.

Jealousy and unjust arises in the heart, saying "I have put faith in the Lord for 20 years, and now, some murderer who has just believed in Christ before his end shares the same fate with me in heaven! Ridiculous!".

If this "unfairness" is what you're pondering, SK and Jing, then let us look at what the Bible says:

Matthew 20:1~15
1"For the kingdom of heaven is like a landowner who went out early in the morning to hire men to work in his vineyard. 2He agreed to pay them a denarius for the day and sent them into his vineyard.

3"About the third hour he went out and saw others standing in the marketplace doing nothing. 4He told them, 'You also go and work in my vineyard, and I will pay you whatever is right.' 5So they went.

"He went out again about the sixth hour and the ninth hour and did the same thing. 6About the eleventh hour he went out and found still others standing around. He asked them, 'Why have you been standing here all day long doing nothing?'

7" 'Because no one has hired us,' they answered.
"He said to them, 'You also go and work in my vineyard.'

8"When evening came, the owner of the vineyard said to his foreman, 'Call the workers and pay them their wages, beginning with the last ones hired and going on to the first.'

9"The workers who were hired about the eleventh hour came and each received a denarius. 10So when those came who were hired first, they expected to receive more. But each one of them also received a denarius. 11When they received it, they began to grumble against the landowner. 12'These men who were hired last worked only one hour,' they said, 'and you have made them equal to us who have borne the burden of the work and the heat of the day.'

13"But he answered one of them, 'Friend, I am not being unfair to you. Didn't you agree to work for a denarius? 14Take your pay and go. I want to give the man who was hired last the same as I gave you. 15Don't I have the right to do what I want with my own money? Or are you envious because I am generous?'

I hope this answer your question. :)

Jing said on: 2006-12-27 09:50 am
6321 Days, 16 Hrs, 27 Min, 31 Sec ago
i could i say i do and get on with my life but i honestly don't understand.
Dacrimoss said on: 2006-12-31 10:58 am
6317 Days, 15 Hrs, 20 Min, 10 Sec ago
Hello everyone.

I have had some things in my personal life that have prevented me from posting. I apologize that I have not answered in a timely manner. I haven't forgotten you guys =)

I'll follow up soon...
Fbg said on: 2006-12-31 04:14 pm
6317 Days, 10 Hrs, 4 Min, 8 Sec ago
No worries Daccy! Take your time.

Whatever problems you are having personally, I hope that they become well soon.
Cideo said on: 2007-01-01 03:07 am
6316 Days, 23 Hrs, 11 Min, 8 Sec ago
What about all MY questions!

you never have time for me!
Ilidan said on: 2007-01-02 08:07 am
6315 Days, 18 Hrs, 10 Min, 58 Sec ago
Welcome back, Dac. Good to see you back.

As for the topic of conversation, I will refer to Jessica's original question: "Why is it that when people don't believe in God they are labelled as a bad person?"

There are a number of reasons for this, but primarily, it is the believe that a lot of religious people have that religion is the only source of morality.

This is 100% incorrect. What IS correct, however, is that Religion carries a DIFFERENT morality than atheism, although neither is more valid than the other. The biggest difference is that for the atheist, "evil" and "immorality" have no negative consequences, whereas in most religions, you are accountable to a higher being, who will "punish" poor behavious. For this reason, religions label Godlessness as an evil.

From my own religious study, I can tell you that from a Jewish perspective, you do not have to be Jewish to be a good person.

In fact, you don't *have* to believe in God to get into heaven. You must, however, obey the Noachide Laws, which apply to both Jews AND non-Jews.

These include laws forbidding things such as idol worship and murder, laws that have basically been adopted by the vast majority of the modern world anyway.

The philosophy is that by obeying these laws one will naturally reach the conclusion that a God of some form must exist.

It is also for this reason that Judaism, unlike Christianity, does not proselytize (sp?), meaning actively try to convert people. In fact, Judaism is the most difficult religion in the world to convert into. We try to chase them away.

But back to the point: You do NOT have to believe in God to be a good person, but it helps. Think about it this way: Who are you more likely to take direction from: Your classmate (an equal) or your teacher (your superior)?
SPAZZA said on: 2007-01-05 07:13 pm
6312 Days, 7 Hrs, 5 Min, 1 Sec ago
Ok, Dami, We have had interesting things in the past, and I have to say you owned me with your answer Lol.

Question 1:

I play in a hardcore band, Im the screamer. Is it possible that I could be a xtian? If so, would it be contradicting my religion if I was screaming away about how much I hate something?

Question 2:

Is music an idol that is false and we should not worship?

Question 3:

If I was forsay in the pit at a gig, and I got kicked in the face by some Hardcore Ballet guy, should I kick him back?