General Forum

My Teefs hurt =( 13 replies

DannyFo (Mod) said on: 2008-06-09 03:14 pm
5798 Days, 23 Hrs, 17 Min, 22 Sec ago
Got my wisdom teeth out today. Surprisingly I have lost all knowledge I once had and have been told it takes a day or so for the wealth of knowledge to come flowing back into my brain. So for the next day or so I'm going to continually be taking vicodin and sleeping. So if I am on I probably won't be the most coherent.

So yeah. Just a heads up.

Peace
Bender234 said on: 2008-06-09 03:38 pm
5798 Days, 22 Hrs, 53 Min, 47 Sec ago
How many did you get tooken out at once?

Some get one at a time, some get two at a time, some get all four at one time.

Man... He was like going hardcore on my last one, chipped it like three times, then he just cut it in half and took it out that way. Sucked.

Vicodin? Never heard of it, never took it when I got all four of mine tooken out. I just got two kind of pills for pain, but I don't think it was vidocin, one was T3's.
SilverSurfer said on: 2008-06-09 04:49 pm
5798 Days, 21 Hrs, 42 Min, 37 Sec ago
Knowledge doesn't exactly mean wisdom, while wisdom can mean knowledge. A certain type of knowledge that you gain only through introspectively developing it into what would then be called "Wisdom".

I had all four of mine[Wisdom teeth] taken out at once, and in whole parts as well. Though, that was more then a few years ago... It all depends on how fast they grow on each individual I guess to as when they should be taken out.

It was about two days of constant hemorrhaging, a week with a sore mouth, and two weeks until it all seemed normal again. The most annoying thing about it that I can remember was the gaping holes left that constantly trapped parts of food in there.

Breakyourself said on: 2008-06-09 07:17 pm
5798 Days, 19 Hrs, 14 Min, 44 Sec ago
lol i had my wisdom teef pulled out 2 years ago, it never really bothered me that much, though i was put to sleep i had a tube put down my throat, i remember them pulling it out as i woke up and my throat hurt for like 3 weeks. other than that my teeth were basicly fine, didnt get any swelling, no bleeding, had lots of vicodin
WeaponX (Mod) said on: 2008-06-09 07:52 pm
5798 Days, 18 Hrs, 39 Min, 44 Sec ago
Heheh, don't get addicted!
Creativename said on: 2008-06-09 11:27 pm
5798 Days, 15 Hrs, 4 Min, 34 Sec ago
I've had like 6 (or more) teeth out in my life. I had so f***ing many teeth.:/ I got 2 out when I was like 8, and the other 4 out when I was 10 or 11 or something. All I got was Novocaine shots, and never any painkillers after. I don't even remember taking an Aspirin or Tylenol, so I assume I didn't feel much pain. I assume it's way worse for wisdom teeth.:/ I think mine started coming in about a year ago, which is about right for timing. Here's hoping that since I've had so much room made for other teeth, they won't become impacted!
IronSinew (Admin) said on: 2008-06-09 11:32 pm
5798 Days, 15 Hrs, 11 Sec ago
That's nothing. I have my wisdom teeth pulled, another tooth that had to be chipped out (it was a baby tooth that never had an adult tooth come in, so it began to fuse to my jaw bone) and had an implant put in at the same time.

The inplant involved drilling up into my jaw bone, packing in artificial bone, re-drilling, and then placing a titanium screw (that would act as the anchor for the implanted tooth). All of this done while I was awake, with only locals.

Good day sir!

~Iron
SilverSurfer said on: 2008-06-10 02:18 am
5798 Days, 12 Hrs, 13 Min, 40 Sec ago
Yeah I was awake too, and just got some Novacaine like dondon... must be the standard procedure in BC. LoL
InuYasha said on: 2008-06-10 07:43 am
5798 Days, 6 Hrs, 48 Min, 50 Sec ago
One time I had my head cut off, sewn back on, and then cut off again.

One upped you all.
TinaMiaz said on: 2008-06-10 08:05 am
5798 Days, 6 Hrs, 26 Min, 40 Sec ago
You can have all the knowledge in the world and not know how to make use of it without wisdom.

Yeah, it is a pain.
GuildaMage said on: 2008-06-10 08:47 pm
5797 Days, 17 Hrs, 44 Min, 55 Sec ago
Had all 4 of mine pulled at once, they put me under...but nothing went down my throat.... They gave me ibuprofen and uhh i forget what painkiller, but i was out cold for the following 24 hours after that, and spend alot of time in bed for the first 3 or so days, after that i started to feel much better.
Creativename said on: 2008-06-10 11:35 pm
5797 Days, 14 Hrs, 56 Min, 17 Sec ago
I think a lot of dentistry can be done with local anesthetic only. Things aren't particularly painful in my experience (not talking for Tarsonis, lol :O), and it's more uncomfortable than anything. I was told I had the option of a general anesthetic, but I opted not to have one, since I was a kid and apparently an idiot. Oddly enough, I have very close to a phobia about needles, yet I let them stick a bunch in my mouth over being put under. Then again, maybe that only developed after all those needles. Lol.

Overall, I don't much like dentists. Oh, and the old "partner" dentist of the dentist...firm (w/e) I go to had a stroke (with paralysis and weakness affecting his dominate side) and continued to work. :/ K, you stab people's mouths, out right insult them about their dental hygiene when they can't respond, stick barbaric stuff in their mouth, and don't inform your patients you had a stroke, yet you wonder why people hate you. rofl
GuildaMage said on: 2008-06-11 05:45 am
5797 Days, 8 Hrs, 46 Min, 14 Sec ago
I was also given the option of a general anethesia, but i opted for being put under. (i asked which was easier on the dentist). Amazingly enough, i could only afford to have 2 teeth removed, but i was really polite and nice to the nurse/aide, and had mentioned that if i woke up with all 4 gone i wouldnt mind, so....2 teeth pulled for free, go me.
Jing said on: 2008-06-22 05:51 pm
5785 Days, 20 Hrs, 40 Min, 39 Sec ago
This isn't a contest.
But if is it. Blake wins.
Ouch!