General Forum

Gigantic Wall of Text Alert - Only read if you got a LOT of time... 34 replies

ShadyKnight (Mod) said on: 2009-01-17 06:27 am
5550 Days, 47 Minutes, 49 Seconds ago
This is a book that I never got around to editing. I'm sorry about how jumbled the thoughts are, but the ideas behind it are all there, and solid. Read and reply.

DAY 1 -- Theories on Life

As we grow older, a lot of people fail to recognize that even in the later stages of life, daily learning is apparent. A neutral mind is more adept at absorption of knowledge, so keeping personal opinions out of your daily routine is a must. In the average day, we are bombarded by negative energy before we even leave the house. It is my firm belief that life is a journey fraught with danger and mystery. Throughout my life, I have seen a lot of arguing. It can be noted that most arguments stem from a person's inability to cope with being wrong. Although being right is a principle belief, it is largely ignored that being wrong is the better outcome. Think about it! If you're wrong, and openly admit as such, you have gained a priceless learning opportunity. However, if you neglect to see the truth, you will continue to argue without a second thought. One who keeps a closed mouth and open ears will prevail when heads get hot. If you can remain calm in any situation, you can often diffuse potentially harmful scenarios. Another benefit to maintaining silence is that you can truly listen, and may pick up view-points you hadn't thought of yet. Additionally, when you keep quiet, you can keep people on your good side. For example, when I speak to somebody, I don't necessarily tell them my opinion of their character, nor do I treat them in accordance to my opinion. Opinions are a personal thing formed from beliefs and morals, and it isn't fair to pre-judge somebody based on my own personal quirks. When judging character of somebody, I look from a neutral third-person perspective and judge according to how they treat all those around them. However, my treatment of people contradicts this in a couple ways. For one, I will not disrespect somebody until they disrespect me, regardless of how they treat other people. Secondarily, even if I dislike somebody, I will still respect them until they do me harm. Another important thing to realize is that a lot of life's ideas are abstract; meaning that they change from person to person. For example, my taste in music is different than most peoples. When dealing with abstract ideas, it is important to keep in mind not only your standpoint, but the other person's as well, since abstract ideas change definition based on the person involved. This is why I keep a neutral point of mind. Stray too far from the middle, and you are doomed to practice bigotry. Another problem with the planet at large is religion. Now don't get me wrong; I think that religion has it's place in society. However, I don't think there is any place for the religious-based prejudice that is rampant in our society. Nowadays, people claim to serve a God that is based on love, and yet all they do is fight and call each other down. Each and every religion is convinced they are "the one" and that everybody else is lying. From my interpretation of the bible, God would be pretty angry to know that people are fighting in his name. Another part of religion that is misleading is the groupings of prophets. We have Mohammed and Jesus, as well as others. Their inital goal was to get others to follow God; however, we misconstrued this and misplaced our worship in them. I can tell you vehemently that this is not what either of them intended, regardless of how holy they were or weren't. Jesus never walked around saying "Praise me" or anything similar. In fact, he corrected those that were worshipping him, stating that their praise should go to God. Another person that would be rolling in his grave right now is Buddha. Now this is a special case; Buddhism is the only religion in which the proprieter specifically said that it was NOT a religion. Buddha's goal while alive was to teach as much about the philosophies of life as he could. He did not believe in religion, and thought that it was an organized system of ignorance. Enlightenment can be attained through intensive study, and a calm, organized mind. Although it is not my goal to convert others to believing in God, it IS my goal to open that avenue of thought to them. The biggest fuel for ignorance is laziness. When people get out of school, they instantly stop studying things. If you spent just one hour a day learning something new, people would be much more tolerant towards each other, and people would probably be a little less violent. Another misconception is that God only accepts one group of people. My knowledge of God leads me to believe that He will accept anybody that is pure of heart. Even without religion, there is a principle by which everybody should live: The Golden Rule. If everybody treated others as they would like to be treated, then there would be very little to worry about. Nowadays, people have skewed what the true meaning of that old adage is; a lot of people do unto others as they have HAD done unto them, which leads to a circle of vengeance. For those that believe in karma, here is another way to put it: you get what you give, and it isn't up to me to balance out other people's negative karma. Just because they have spent negative energy on me does not mean I have to return the favour. I am much happier to know that even when somebody does something to spite me, I still view them as a brother. My personal belief is that although you should turn the other cheek, you should be wary and protective, lest you get slapped again. Always be on your guard for deceitful snakes. The world is full of people in disguise, with smiling faces and glittering jewelery, just waiting for an opportunity to catch you off guard. Bribery is an excellent tool to reach the inner-most desires of humanity. It is said that there is a price anybody will take for something they believed they would never give up. This price isn't necessarily monetary; it could be the safety of a loved one, or a potential favour. But the fact is that no matter how much you value something, there is always something more valuable, which leads me to another point. The pursuit of happiness and the pursuit of riches are often confused. Nowadays, people seem unable to understand happiness of the soul, and have instead relied heavily on material goods to boister their lives. True happiness is to know and learn, and to teach said knowledge to those around you. People who have managed to teach others often have a more positive outlook on life, and they also realize the value of intelligence. Ignorance, in it's many forms, has prevented mankind from unity. People make disparaging comments relating to social class, race, color, creed, gender, and basically anything they can construe as "different" or threatening to their way of life. Take for instance the European genocide of the Native indiginees of Canada and the United States. When the first explorers came here, they noted that the people here were "savages" because their practices didn't mimic those of the white man. These explorers took it upon themselves to "purge" their new land of all it's old inhabitants; not because they had done us wrong, but because we felt threatened by their "strange" way of life. After realizing that it would be impossible to kill them as a people, we tried to kill them as a culture; in effect "white-washing" the First Nations culture for the rest of history. Ignorance also leads to fear and intolerance. When there is a lack of facts, it is usually accompanied by an unwillingness to learn. Humankind fears change, and will do anything to keep things "normal". Throughout history, ignorance has been mankind's biggest blight. Almost every catastrophe in man's history has stemmed from some form of intolerance or another. As far as I'm concerned, the end of mankind will be at the hands of mankind. Take for another example Adolph Hitler. He prompted Germany to attempt to become the super-power nation of the world, all the while promoting values which contradicted themselves almost right away. Hitler was a short, dark haired man of Jewish and Austrian decent, however he had all of Germany looking to be blonde-haired, blue-eyed super-humans. Having a way with words is an apparent advantage, but persuasive discussions can only take you so far. It is also up to your audience to decide what is truthful and what isn't. The best thing you can do is keep in context when relating to your topic. I've spent years in my life trying to formulate my moral fibres and my beliefs, and have come across a lot of anomalies. It appears that even in my neutral point of view, I am hypocritical. I have many beliefs that I will discard like an old shirt when the moment calls for it. That is a hinging point of the world; the fact that morals and beliefs are ever changing. Nothing in this world is set in stone, except for the laws of physics. Be imaginative and explore your surroundings. You may find yourself learning a lot more about your surroundings if you take a simple moment to look around you. I've found more interesting knowledge in my neighbourhood than I have found in a library. All it takes is a momentary look in any direction to stem a new question inside your head. As I stated earlier, it seems the older we get, the harder it gets to learn out of habit. As we grow, our minds close and become more stubborn and set in their ways. If you can have an open mind like a child, questioning everything and collecting all the answers, then you can claim a lot of knowledge. Study anything that peaks your interest! I've spent a lot of time in my recent years studying things such as religion and politics, as well as theories about the real behind-the-scenes workings of the planet. It is commonly thought that the government we see is not the government that is in power. It is also commonplace that people think that the government habitually lies to it's citizens. Due to the inculpability of the government, a lot of people are beginning to think that maybe they are responsible for a lot more than they let on. In the instance of 9/11 there are many things to consider. Firstly, the towers are the only free-standing steel structures to EVER come down. Another fact, scientifically proven, is that jet fuel doesn't burn hot enough to melt steel, even with unlimited fuel and oxygen, which fails to explain why the steel was melted on the support beams. Yet another problem with the scenario is that WTC7 came down as well, when it was hit with nothing more than mere debris. It is also highly suspicious that Larry Silverstein, the towers' first ever private owner, took out a brand new insurance clause protecting against terrorist attacks only 9 months before the attacks took place. There was a neo-conservative think-tank known as PNAC, or the Project for a New American Century, which was a group geared towards making the United States the global super-power. This group put out an addendum which stated that for this to happen, it would either take a great deal of time, or a catastrophic event the likes of Pearl Harbor. Shortly thereafter, the towers were attacked, Then there is the links with Osama Bin Laden; it is said that he was working for the CIA during the Contras in Iran, and that he helped to train the Al Qaida. It appears that the War on Terrorism is really the War for Future Oil. Lately the world is in such a chaotic state that it seems unfathomable that it will get better. Right now in BC, a large issue is minimum wage. Minimum wage has been frozen at $8 for 7 years now, meanwhile top executives are recieving pay-increases that total more than a full family's yearly wages. Rich people need decadence to work, and poor people need poverty for inspiration, according to the government. Racism is quickly becoming a thing of the past. More and more, we are seeing classism: seperation of the rich from the poor. This has lead to a new hatred; one that is much stronger than it's forebearer. For before, we hated people for being different, for not sharing in our ideals and beliefs. Now, morals are a thing of the past. It does not matter how much good you do, but rather how well you can step on those below you. As this world advances, it is becoming more and more obvious that to get ahead, you have to disregard even your family, betraying everything you stand for except the almighty dollar. When push comes to shove, I'd rather be poor and honest than a rich criminal any day. As of late, it appears that society has been much more worried with financial crimes as opposed to humanitarian crimes. If you rob a family at knife point, you will serve about 5 years; but if you rip off a rich person, you are destined to serve some hard time. When you feel like there is nothing but evil, remember that your decision will affect your surroundings. If you should choose NOT to give up your integrity, you will find that life will be much harder, but much more rewarding. Keep trying, and eventually you will accomplish your goals.

DAY 2 -- Decision Making

As we go through life, a large portion of what happens around us is dictated by the choices we make and the actions we take. We are also a product of our surroundings, however, and sometimes our decision making processes aren't working at full capability. Something that a lot of people forget is that just because something has been done to you doesn't necessarily mean that you should return the favour. If you can forgive and forget, you will spend a lot less time dealing with negativity. Being negative isn't just bad for your surroundings; it is also considered unhealthy to be under stress. If you can keep a cool head, chances are that your health will improve as well. As for people becoming products of their surroundings, there are two ways that this can happen. Firstly, people see the people around them doing something or acting a certain way, and then reciprocate accordingly. The second way is people who decide that they won't become what surrounds them. We either learn to hate or love our surroundings, and become one with them. A lot of the time, it is better for you to go off on your own to decide things, because people's opinions are all skewed, and there is no way to decide who to listen to. Whenever I am in need of time to think, I go for a nice long walk alone, and think about what needs being done. A recurring factor in decision making is moral difficulty, as well as shyness. A lot of people are scared to make certain decisions due to the implications, or even just because they feel uncomfortable bringing it up. I can say from experience that almost every difficult decision is relieving when you finally make up your mind. The sooner you can get any stress off of your shoulders, the better you will be doing. Being shy is like the mind's defence against potentially embarrassing situations; when you feel like your idea may be shot down, you may decide not to say anything at all. The biggest problem with that is that many people end up holding themselves back from many good opportunities simply because they don't know the outcome. Fear is not necessary in life at all. I believe in fate and destiny, which makes me believe that anything that is going to happen has already been written. This belief allows me to be free of fear, because if something is going to happen, there is nothing I can do about it. This eliminated any feelings of fear I may have had towards dying or anything similar. A problem with this is phobias. There are unreasonable fears that have no basis, and are very hard to conquer. These fears can be crippling, and it is best to avoid any situation that will put you in the way of your terror. If you can master your fears, you will live much more comfortably. Making decisions can be intimidating, but if you can't make proper choices, there is no real point in being alive. You must learn to make choices that compliment your moral beliefs, or you will find yourself constantly depressed. Never give up your integrity.

To make decisions is to live. Every day we encounter more decisions than we are aware of; simple choices like "do I eat breakfast today?" or similar things. When I made the decision to write this book, it took several weeks for the project to start. Now I am thinking that this book will be a collection of the random thoughts I have daily. The biggest decision I ever made in my life happened when I was 15 and I decided to live with my father as opposed to my mother. When I arrived in Surrey, my life changed drastically. Firstly, I was exposed to a lot of negative influences. The first thing I did when I moved here was pick up drugs. In actuality, that is really the only bad habit I picked up from my childhood, however, because I watched my brother make some choice mistakes in his life, and it helped me to not make the same mistake. A lot of people say that you should learn from your mistakes, but if you can learn from somebody else's mistakes instead, you will save yourself a lot of time and pain. Another way my life drastically changed is that when I moved here, I was accepted by the general public, which had never happened in my life. Being charismatic was beginning to have it's perks. As I grew older, I made friends with a whole bunch of people, and it helped me to begin networking. The third way my life changed drastically was that when I entered an adult learning center, I was exposed to freestyle rapping. Once I started to freestyle, I knew that music was my calling. I thought it was incredible that people were actually willing to listen to my poetry, so long as I put it to a beat. Finally I had an output for my innermost thoughts and feelings. I took it upon myself to write about things less heard of in mainstream rap - social concepts, inconsistencies in life and the stuff that society sweeps under the rug. Since then, I have ended up working with some very good musicians, and my networking skills are paying off as well. Currently, I am working on a project with my friend Alvin, and we are planning on releasing it some time this year. Now, if I had decided to continue living with my mother in small-town Powell River, the chances that I would have gotten into music are slim to nil. Additionally, I wouldn't have seen half the social problems that I have seen today, and I wouldn't have experienced all the different difficulties that have made me who I am today. For instance, the last time I used heavy narcotics was a time I used magic mushrooms. I had a mind-altering experience that changed my life forever. Since then, I have saught wisdom at every turn, and I have learned to express my thoughts much better. Additionally, I had some worldy wisdom exposed to me during the trip that enabled me to become who I am today. It opened my mind to new ways of thinking, and closed the doors on my drug use. Since then, I have become much more articulate, and I am much more of a teacher since then as well. When I discovered that I had a way with words, I endeavoured to become a councellor. Since my greatest passion in life is to help people, I thought that finding a way to get paid for it would be a great idea. However, since money is tight, I still haven't attempted to get to that end. This is the difference that one small decision made in my life. There are many defining points in anyone's life. If you look back to what you've done, there will always be that one person or event that totally influenced your future road. Now here's the tricky part: mastering your own destiny. It can be done, if you can make the right choices. Surround yourself with people that are a positive influence on you, and force yourself to make those choices that don't have to be made; flirt with that cutie, go for that new job, or other life-altering decisions. If you try your best to achieve what you want, there is little that can stand in your way. Set concrete goals that are believable and within your means, and then make short term goals that will help you to get there, and strive to achieve them. When you are done, set another group of short-term goals that will get you closer to your long-term dreams. When I first started doing my music, it was just as a hobby. Eventually, Alvin managed to convince me that I was good enough to try to produce my music to the masses, which started MKULTRA.

There's another life-altering decision I made -- meeting Alvin. Originally, I knew Alvin from a forum group online. We had talked and rapped with and against each other for years, and even had added each other on an online messenger so that we could battle each other. I showed him some of my freestyles, and he said that we should collaborate one day. We never ended up meeting up at the time, but I heard through the grape-vine that he knew my ex-girlfriend Amanda , as well as my friend and manager, Ryan. One day, Alvin expressed to me that he had nowhere to stay at all while he was online, and I told him that he could spend some time getting on his feet at my place. Having never met the guy, it was considerably akward grabbing him from King George station. We got to know each other fairly well, since we had a lot in common. The first few days, all we did was smoke marijuana and talk about who we were as people; what we believed in, and what we could do as a rap group. Right away we started working on a collaboration that became known as MKULTRA. We were originally just rapping off of beats we would find online, and spitting freestyles. Eventually, we started writing lyrics instead of freestyling, with limited success; we still needed practice, and we decided we were lacking something. We discussed getting a third member to balance our group. It was at this time that I decided to talk to my old friend Mark. Back when I first started freestyling, he had often beatboxed for me so that I could rap anywhere I went. In those days, he first started to learn how to rap through his competitive spirit. I remembered that he was fairly good with lyrics and discussed it with Alvin. Alvin thought it would be cool, and we started a three-way collaboration. At first, we went with the name "Shady Knights Incorporated" and I changed my rap moniker from ShadyKnight to Mister Mistery. Alvin became Munk, and Mark went by Cyris. Our chemistry was off as a trio, but all three of us seemed to work well as duos with each other. Mark wanted to change his rap name, so I told him he should go by Mark O Dub because he was always starting off his songs with "O-O-O Dub SH*T" and I thought it would suit him. On top of that, it also had more to rhyme with than his original name. I also decided that I wanted to keep being ShadyKnight, so we decided to change the group's name, so it wasn't named after me. I threw around a few names, but nothing seemed to stick. Then, one day I thought up the name THC. At first, I didn't know what it would stand for, but then I came up with Three Homies Chillin. I asked Mark and Alvin and they were both completely enthused about the name. Around that time, I recieved FL Studio 7, and started making beats of our own, so that we wouldn't have to pay any royalties. Plus, we could legally sell our albums without fear of lawsuits. Since we rarely spent time with all three of us in one place, and because of our previous lack of chemistry, we started working on a lot more duo-songs. For Mark and I, I came up with the name MC2. It has several meanings; Mark's initials are MM, and mine are CC, and we are both emcees. Plus, it sounds cool because of it's reference to the theory of relativity. Alvin and I kept rapping under MKULTRA, which also has several meanings. M stands for Munk, K stands for Knight, and we're always using ultra enthusiasm; MKULTRA was a mind control project decades ago that entailed using hallucinogens to try to achieve mind control; and finally, MKULTRA is also a Cannibus Cup-winning strain of marijuana. Now that we had names and some beats, it was time for lyrics. Initially we had a few songs to revamp, and we did a lot of new tracks whenever a beat wouldn't fit an older song. Mark started learning how to make beats as well, so it started to ease my load in production, which allowed me to focus more on meaningful lyrics. I wrote the song "Demise", which was an effort at writing without swearing. I realized that it was quite easy! I instantly took on the task of re-writing all my lyrics to remove swearing, except in places where it would heavily impact the song. Since that moment, I have done my best not to swear in any rap unless it is to show a great deal of emotion towards my subject. Mark and Alvin also started to swear a lot less, and our lyrical content started to gain credibility. After 11 long months of hard work and rocky roads, we finally had enough songs made to put an album together. Around this time, Ryan decided to be our manager, and he started helping us to do our first show. We attempted to throw a release party with a live show in Ryan's back yard, and we got shut down by the police right as we took the stage after our opening act. We handed out as many free CDs as we could, but we didn't get to play our show. During the first few moments, things got heated between Alvin's girlfriend and Mark, and a fight nearly ensued. After that, Alvin decided that he couldn't work with Mark anymore. Around that time, we started to talk business with Matt, aka Dokta Kron. He liked our work ethic and our talent, and offered us time in his studio at no cost. I was amazed that he would help us like that, and incredible things will happen. That leaves us at now; Three Homies Chillin has decimated, and has become Two Homies Chillin, a collaboration of Alvin and I. Mark and I are still friends, and still even rap together every now and then, but my main focus is on MKULTRA and our future. All of this happened because I had a big enough heart to let a stranger into my home when he had nowhere else to go. Now, isn't THAT a lesson on decisions.

As many good decisions as I have made, I've probably made twice as many bad ones. I have mistreated many women out of social embarrassment. There is at least three occassions I can think of where I dated a girl, and then dumped her because people made fun of me. And the worst part is, these girls were VERY nice to me. They treated me extremely well, and didn't deserve to be treated like that by anyone, let alone somebody like myself, who holds himself in high moral regard. I even claim to respect women, and yet I have done such things more than once. Is it true that everybody is a hypocrite? I believe so. Another horrible decision I have made repeatedly is laziness, to the worst degree. When I was in school, I skipped probably just as much as I attended, if not more. That held my graduation back by 2 years. After I got out of school, I was slow to getting a job. Ryan helped me get my first job, where he was working. I ended up painting with my friend Emaan's father's company for a while. I stoppped going to work because I didn't like waking up early, and then I quit. After 2 weeks and one pay period, I realized that I needed money, so I went back. After about another month of working there, I got laid off, and never re-hired. After I lost employment there, I lost self-confidence (and was too lazy) and didn't end up getting another job for 4 months. During that time, my first love lost patience with me and ended our nearly 2 year relationship. After that, I ended up working at McDonald's for a year. I screwed THAT job up in almost the same way; they started giving me full-time (which is what I wanted) and it entailed being up in the morning. I didn't like waking up, so I feigned being sick for a week and got suspended. I could have kept my job if I would have went in, but I pulled a move of cowardice and didn't show up ever again. I didn't even eat at that McDonald's for nearly 6 months afterwards. After another 3 month hiatus, inflicted due to laziness, I got Ryan to get me a job at his new job. I worked at NuBrite Industries for 2 months before I messed it up by not going in for a whole week, and not even calling in. I have my reasons why it happened, but this isn't about me pining or making excuses. After a week, I finally went in and explained myself to my boss. I didn't even ask for my job back; I just told him what had happened and that I wasn't going to try to excuse myself for my errors. The boss told me that he respected that, and gave me my check and let me go on my way.

Decisions make up every second of every day. If I hadn't decided to write this, it would never be read. If you hadn't decided to read it, the same could be said. I made a decision to follow God when I had my aforementioned mushroom trip. Since then, I have tried to do as much as I can to avoid doing evil to anyone around me. I don't go to church, as I see organized religion as a form of ignorance and racism. To me, if you have to claim that everybody else is wrong, then maybe you should look in the mirror and practice that line a few times. God's word wasn't made as a tool for discrimination. Follow the teachings with all of your heart and we will find out if it's true in the end. As for war; I can't believe the state of the world right now. Everybody is attempting to start war over stupid reasons. America claims they are attacking terrorists, but it appears that they are merely trying to secure a source of crude oil for the new century. A lot of things done by corporations aren't done out of the public's best interest, but rather the best financial interest. There is speculation that the government is able to cure many of the diseases that they only currently treat, but neglect to do so because it is more profitable to keep people sick and treated. People lying on their deathbeds because somebody decided to make more money; the power of choice. Many of life's decisions affect not only you, but many people around you, and sometimes even people you don't know or see. To truly live well, we must stay vigilant in making the best choices that we can at ALL times. We affect our surroundings, and leaving a negative impact on the world will have a negative impact on your life. Consider doing whatever you can to leave a lasting impression on the world in a good light. I have taken it upon myself to spread knowledge and logic that I have come across, simply to make the world a better place. If even one person hears my music, or reads these memoirs and makes a decision to change their life for the better, then my mission is accomplished. I have a way with words for a reason, I'm told, and it's up to me to expose things to people in terms that they understand, so as to spread the knowledge to the lowliest person. I made a decision to spread every positive thought that I have, so as to teach those around me; because in the end, teaching is the ultimate gift to the world. If these memoirs outlast me, I would like to make it known that I have never, and will never endorse suicide. If ever it appears that I have committed suicide, look into it a little further, because it is not likely. There is no problem that is so insurmountable that it requires suicide. It may seem that way sometimes, but there is always a way out. Sometimes we just need to look within ourselves for the strength to make the right decisions.

DAY 3 -- Dealing With Depression

The ability to adapt and cope is a natural inherent skill in human. We are faced with many situations daily in which we must adapt. Our body and skills have adapted to new needs as they are presented; we invented clothes and houses for shelter from the elements, and when the world became smaller, we invented a way to converse worldwide. When new technology is introduced to the masses, we adapt to their uses until they become a normal part of our day. The ability to cope with depression is a little harder to come by, however. When you become depressed, a part of you clams up and doesn't allow you to be open to people. Often you will find that the best way to get rid of natural depression is to have somebody that is open-minded to discuss things with. If the people surrounding you have negative opinions, chances are that you will become negative as well. You need to find people that are supportive, but also offer constructive criticism. To remove yourself from depression, you have to learn to take advice when necessary. Additionally, learning to accept that you can't control everything will help you to be happy. You are a product of your surroundings, so when you're depressed, it isn't a good idea to shut yourself away in a room, because you will just brood in your own negativity. Instead, go out somewhere with lots of people, and find something to do; go for a walk, or stop in at a library, or walk around a mall for a while. Get out! The key issue is that being in nature will help you in a subtle way; sunlight produces seratonin and vitamin D, and the chemical reactions can make you happier and more healthy. Another part of depression that often goes ignored is a person's diet. Eating irregularly, not enough, or even improperly as far as vitamins go, can cause many health issues. You need to find out which nutrients you lack and fill up. Drug use can be another issue; whether it's something as simple as marijuana, or something as complicated as heroin. When you don't have the amount of drugs that your body "requires" you start to get depressed and unhealthy in other ways. In essence, depression can be the cause and the result of nearly every problem in life.
Tommy_V said on: 2009-01-18 09:37 pm
5548 Days, 9 Hrs, 38 Min, 19 Sec ago
You've got some very interesting points there, alot of which I can agree with and alot of which I've debated about with my own friends several times.

I'd try and respond with something constructive right now, but to do that I'd have to post a wall of text of my own, which, I'm sad to say, I don't have the time to write at this moment.

When I get time, though, and believe me I'll make time, I'll see to it that I give you something to think about. ;)
Desideo said on: 2009-01-19 01:13 am
5548 Days, 6 Hrs, 1 Min, 57 Sec ago
Tomorrow when I have more time and am more awake, I will read this, and reply.
Tommy_V said on: 2009-01-20 05:01 pm
5546 Days, 14 Hrs, 13 Min, 48 Sec ago
I agree wholly with your view about right and wrong, mostly because I learned that lesson a long time ago.

As for your view on being silent, I can agree with this as well, since I follow it almost word for word. However, I feel you left something out. Although being silent at times is a necessity, it's only necessary at those times. There is a time to shut up and a time to speak up for yourself, or in some cases, for others. Keeping your mouth shut isn't going to solve any of your problems. It may help you understand all sides of the situation but knowing when to let out what you have to say is equally important. Although it will benefit you from keeping silent in most cases, sometimes voicing your opinion can be a viable option to ease the situation. Hell, it can something as little as a white lie, because in the end, if everyone involved leaves the situation feeling good it'll just be another experience or funny story to joke about later.

In addition, silence usually only works well with ignorance, and other types of behaviours along those lines, because what you know and believe is all that really matters.

This can also tie into religion, considering, if someone comes up to me and says his religion is superior to mine, I honestly don't give a flying fvck. People have different ideas of what's right and what's wrong, and how things should be done. I keep them to myself and voice my opinions only when people want to hear them, when people ask me to tell them. People from countless other religions, including mine, seem content enough to let others live peaceably as long as their religions are based on love and understanding, so why the fvck can't you let others be?

I, myself, am not religious. I, whole-heartedly, believe that religion is one of the worst inventions of the human race. However, I do believe in God. I'm not ashamed to say that. My belief in God is irrational, but that's why they call it "faith". No logical argument will ever tear me away from that faith. I know that the heart is just an organ... but in it, I feel an unexplainable sense of life around me when I call for it... a life that's not my own... and I trust that.

Furthermore, God does not need to bribe you. God is all-knowing and all-understanding. You can't lie to God. God knows, in complete detail, the foundations of our hearts. Words are temporary and mortal. It is our souls, who we are, what we really think and feel, and the choices that we make that count. Fear cannot create a good person. Anyone with a voice box can recite a passage from a thousand-page book. Anyone with an understanding of language can follow a "recipe" on what to do and not to do. Anyone with eyes can copy what they see. Anyone with a pulse can be afraid. It takes people with courage to denounce a set of beliefs that millions of others attempt to enforce, and to stand up for what they believe is moral and right, especially when faced with the possibility not only that they are wrong, but that they might be condemning themselves to a life of eternal suffering.

I believe in freedom and individualism and an infinite palette of colors and grey tones among the black, white, brown, yellow, red, green, purple or any other colour you can think of. AND I believe in God. Figure that.

Plus, if there is a "God", he's not going to be pissed off that I eat meat on a certain day. He's not going to worry about which hand I wipe my ass with. All he's going to care about is: "Did he kill anyone? Did he seriously harm anyone? Was he a truly evil, sick-minded individual bent on world destruction?" The powers that be don't care about the petty materialistic bullsh!t that its followers seem to be so obsessed with.

No god, goddess, spirit or ghost will ever truly care how big the church, gurdwara, cathedral, synagogue, or house of worship is, or how extravagant the decor is. Speaking of which, if another @sshole from some big fvcking church that has stained glass windows and gold leaf trim and oriental carpeting asks me or someone else for money to “support the Lord's works” I'm going to buy a dog and let it take a sh!t on his feet. Sell the fvcking oil paintings hanging in the hallway of your church if you need money.

I don't hate other religions, and I don't hate their followers. As far as I’m concerned, it's a live and let live world, unless of course you're some sadistic psycho with an atomic bomb, or you're hurting kids or animals... Then, it’s time for you to prepare to get fvcked the hell up. Otherwise, I don't care what you believe in. Believe in what makes you happy and what makes sense to you, and leave me and everyone else to our ways of thinking.

Even if we might be wrong in the end, so fvcking what? Who cares? We're all going to die. No amount of holy living can save us and no one can prove what's in the afterlife to make me worry about it, so I don't care. What I’m doing with my life, and what I believe in works for me. My life is good, and I’m a good person. I don't sacrifice animals, or babies, or virgins. I don't drink blood. I don't “dance nude under the light of the full moon calling out for the demons and Satan to take over the world.” I don't even believe in Satan or any other dumbass evil envision. I have my own set of beliefs and ideals which would be considered strict by many people. Yes I do things differently than most, I believe that everything has a spirit, has a soul. Good and evil can only be judged by a biased point of view, so it's kind of hard to live by that one. I believe in what I see: I see nature, I see flowers, I see animals and I see people who struggle against society, against oppression, and against all other forces in order to help the world a little and do what they think is good.

People from all walks of life can be cruel, they can be kind, they can be mentally ill and they can even be complete geniuses. Religion plays no part in human nature. A priest can be a kindly helpful person, or a sick demented fvck whose past-time is child molestation. A Satanist can be a kindly person who believes in saving the environment and donating to charity, and he can also be an irritating fvcker who wants the world to end. It’s the luck of the draw people... So smile and keep your judgments to yourselves.

And as a side note, I don't believe the biggest fuel for ignorance is laziness, as I know first hand, actual lazy people would be too lazed to want to put that much effort into arguing to prove they're right. Over-confidence, stubbornness and conceitedness are much greater fuels to the ridiculous fire of ignorance, I believe.

Learning, I agree, can help alleviate some of the ignorance in this world, however, I feel that in this day and age, some people just don't have the time or patience anymore. Take this reply I'm typing, for example. I literally had to "schedule" a time to actually read your entire post and to reply to it. Now that's just downright sad. And I don't think you even need me to go into the stresses most people face today, which is why I won't. All these and more together make it hard to want to open your mind to different opinions because your mind is already hardened from the bullsh!t people have to put up with. It might be a downer, but really think about it...

Money makes the world go round. The things I've seen in this world do nothing but support this. Some people will do anything for it, even worship it. It runs the lives of a great many people.

I am no different in that in order to live my life, in its present state, I need money. I do not deny this fact, but I hope that one day I can be free from it. What constantly surprises me is that people will often judge being happy or satisfied by whether or not they received value for money. I have seen people do this as I am sure you have as well.

I experienced a good example recently. I was having dinner at a restaurant with a friend. We both were eating and had finished most of our food. At this point she seemed not happy (not to be confused with upset). I asked if she liked the meal. She told me the food was good, but she was full, and there was quite a bit left. She went on to say that if she didn't finish, she would not feel like she had got her "money's worth".

I felt that this way of thinking could not have a pleasing result. I explained to her that she had two options. One, she forced herself to finish the meal. If she did this she would have got "value for here money", but would have eaten too much, so would have a sore stomach and feel sick for the rest of the night, thus she would be unhappy. Her second option was to not finish the meal. If she did this she would have her hunger satisfied, but would be constantly thinking about how she wasted some of the meal, and thus some of her money.

I then went on to tell her how although I had also finish three-quarters of my meal, I had gotten value for money. She looked puzzled, so I explained. My hunger was satisfied, and I had not eaten too much. The food was good. The restaurant as a whole had a good atmosphere, thus the experience was good. In short, I had a good night and was happy and satisfied. I enjoyed myself, so I got my money's worth.

The big difference was that she saw it as, "if i get my money's worth, I am happy". I saw it as, "If I am happy, then the money was worth it".

Money is important and I can see no way around that. But In my mind being happy and enjoying myself dictate getting my money's worth, not the other way round.

Decisions. They're tough to make. But why? Is it because we're afraid we'll make the wrong choice? Or is it something bigger than that? Maybe we realize that decisions mean change. And we're naturally afraid of change, because we know that change can mean losing something or someone, or even who we are now. And if we don't make a decision, we can stay right where we are, right? But that doesn't always work. Life keeps going, and it doesn't wait for anyone, or any decision. Really, choosing is the only way we keep some control in our hands. And if you lose something or someone, there's a reason it's not in your future. As for fate, there's no such thing as fate without our choice. Fate does exist, but we begin it.

Fear of what decisions we make may not be necessary, but fear in life is. Fear ignites areas in our body, and it heightens our senses. It's what prepares us for what's to come. Without it, some people wouldn't know when or where to stop. Think about it, without the fear of losing, would there be more or less gamblers? Without the fear of pain, would there be so many safeguards? Surprisingly, having no fear is an actually diagnosable disease. Emotions are a BIG part of how we make decisions. (Read Emotional Intelligence by Daniel Goleman) Some people who can't "feel" in the emotional sense, have been recorded to lead their lives to destructive levels. Without the ability to feel, such as the "gut feeling" many people describe, they have no anchor or frame of reference of how they felt about their previous decisions to make better ones in the present.

Depression, my friend, is something I'm unfortunately very experienced with. If you asked some of my friends about how to deal with depression, they'd probably tell you to come to me. That being said, depression is a horrible, life-destroying condition (at least temporarily). I say "condition" because depression is nothing more than an accumulation of your worries. Worrying, and all it's cousins, almost always lead to depression. Thinking about you worries may not get you in a really bad mood, but for constant worriers, they usually don't get out of one. When someone worries, they're usually just worried about the outcome of something, be it a decision they made, a test result, or the amount of money their next paycheck will have.

Now for the normal person, worrying is an occasional thing, but for the constant worrier, even the slightest of thought about the smallest worry can send them into a spiral that will inevitably lead them to feeling crappier than they were the last time they felt like crap. Even worse is that when chronic worriers think about something depressing, they usually think of something LESS depressing to soothe themselves, which in turn, worsens the state they're in and doesn't really help.

Dealing with depression isn't that hard if you have the right people or the right tools to get you there. For example, distracting yourself with an activity is something I tell people all the time when they're depressed. The thing is, depressed people tend to watch depressing movies when they're feeling down. As ironic as that sounds, it's true. I remember this one time, I told a friend of mine to watch a movie as to stop thinking about her break-up. You know what she decided to watch? Fvcking West Side Story... I literally went to her house at 2 in the morning, turned the TV off, and forcibly dragged her to the only open movie theatre in the area to watch Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle. And you know what? After that she was actually feeling much better.

As for your last sentence, Fvck that. "Depression" should never be used in the same sentence as "life." Depression may be the cause of some problems in your life, but it is in no way the result. No one's life should be a "result" of depression. Now, I know I may have taken what you said there wrong, but I don't care. I just want to get this point across. The result of depression always leads to something horrible or detrimental. The "result" should be getting out of depression, if anything.

So if someone you know is constantly depressed call them up, go talk to them, buy them a present, anything. Just try and get their mind off of whatever is bothering them. If they can do that even for a little while, they may eventually realize that whatever they're worrying about is nothing short of a solution to some minor insignificant problem.

Do it as soon as possible, though, as getting into that chain of worrying I discussed above is very hard to get out of.

My two cents. May add later.

~Jasjit
ShadyKnight (Mod) said on: 2009-01-20 05:56 pm
5546 Days, 13 Hrs, 19 Min, 38 Sec ago
*applauds*

Well thought, well spoke, and well fought. You covered many areas that I had thought of, without being able to word. Especially the "Money's worth" argument. Good show! Hopefully somebody else can schedule some time in to read and reply to this. I may even take the time to write up another, more composed and structured post. The original is an excerpt from a collection of my daily thoughts, and is very disorganized.

Also, props on quoting and supporting from my argument. You took the time and effort needed for a large essay, and treated it as one as well.

A+
ILLiCiT said on: 2009-01-20 06:00 pm
5546 Days, 13 Hrs, 15 Min, 4 Sec ago
WALL OF TEXT HITS YOU FOR 389202 DAMAGE
ShadyKnight (Mod) said on: 2009-01-20 06:10 pm
5546 Days, 13 Hrs, 5 Min, 1 Sec ago
Is that a power hit or not?
Tommy_V said on: 2009-01-20 09:20 pm
5546 Days, 9 Hrs, 55 Min, 32 Sec ago
Thanks. I told ya I'd respond to the post itself, and I'm true to my word. ;)

"The original is an excerpt from a collection of my daily thoughts, and is very disorganized."

Yeah, when I started reading that and saw "I'm writing this book", I was like wtf? Either he copy pasted this or I'm way outta my league. lol

And that better be a power hit, took enough time to make that "Wall of Text" :P
Coolguy101 said on: 2009-01-21 02:07 pm
5545 Days, 17 Hrs, 7 Min, 41 Sec ago
thats a lot of wotrds

lol wat is this school??
Desideo said on: 2009-01-21 08:35 pm
5545 Days, 10 Hrs, 39 Min, 55 Sec ago
I was going to respond that day, but I didn't realise how long and deep it was, and for me to respond to that the way I would would take a couple hours or so of contemplation. I'll read it when I have the time.
Bosnian035 said on: 2009-01-22 09:15 pm
5544 Days, 10 Hrs, 7 Sec ago
i gotta read this w hen im not aobut to pass out looks interesting
Dealer1 said on: 2009-01-23 02:23 am
5544 Days, 4 Hrs, 52 Min, 26 Sec ago
If you paragraph it..I promise I'll try reading it.
Oracle said on: 2009-01-23 11:46 pm
5543 Days, 7 Hrs, 29 Min, 31 Sec ago
tl;dr
Desideo said on: 2009-01-25 11:01 pm
5541 Days, 8 Hrs, 14 Min, 22 Sec ago
meh I wrote a bunch but it ended up being more about my own personal experience, and decisions rather then anything insightful to add. So maybe I'll add something later, after I ponder more, but I'm glad to have read it, interesting to hear some parts of your life and how you met Alvin, and it was insightful as well, and I agree with pretty much all of what was said. Not that I was looking at debating something in the first place though.

The part about Vitamin D is very true, it is quite essential, and recently, I have been taking it as we don't get much sun around here right now. It very much so helps you feel better, in fact, to the point where if I don't take it, I almost notice the difference right away. I am moodier, or so it seems. And I am a huge advocate of eating well, and this field I will be putting much focus on in the next while, as I agree that it is very essential to both our physical, AND mental health.

"Plus, if there is a "God", he's not going to be pissed off that I eat meat on a certain day. He's not going to worry about which hand I wipe my ass with. All he's going to care about is: "Did he kill anyone? Did he seriously harm anyone? Was he a truly evil, sick-minded individual bent on world destruction?" The powers that be don't care about the petty materialistic bullsh!t that its followers seem to be so obsessed with." - Tommy

I don't disagree with you Tommy, but I must add that some practices are good for discipline, and healthy for us to get into... even if they do seem silly... They are also there to remind us of certain things, because usually they have good reason behind doing them, and principles are involved.
Tommy_V said on: 2009-01-26 03:59 pm
5540 Days, 15 Hrs, 16 Min, 18 Sec ago
Reading that bit over, it sounds like I'm some cynical jack-hole, lol. I guess I just got a bit carried away with the direction of thinking I was in. I kind of exaggerated what I was really trying to say.

I agree with what you said because, well, I, myself, do follow alot of my own religion's principles and... what's the word...? Restrictions?

I was just trying to emphasize my point on religion from an impersonal view, as to not seem biased from my own experience.
Bosnian035 said on: 2009-01-27 07:16 am
5539 Days, 23 Hrs, 59 Min, 34 Sec ago
haha this is to serious bro but i agree with it all except pot i dont get depressed i just hustle my self a gram :P
Zipit said on: 2009-01-27 11:03 am
5539 Days, 20 Hrs, 12 Min, 16 Sec ago
ok too much stuff to read during school... Im saveing it to my computer to read at home >.<

[Added at 01/27/2009 11:09:42 by Zipit]
And Ill reply if I find the time ^^
Zipit said on: 2009-01-29 11:26 am
5537 Days, 19 Hrs, 49 Min, 5 Sec ago
That was a little more in depth then I was ready for. But its saved on my computer because of the sence it made.
ShadyKnight (Mod) said on: 2009-02-11 03:03 pm
5524 Days, 16 Hrs, 12 Min, 16 Sec ago
Bump before it hits the bottom...
Busty said on: 2009-02-11 03:05 pm
5524 Days, 16 Hrs, 10 Min, 15 Sec ago
bump for justice
Tommy_V said on: 2009-02-14 07:15 pm
5521 Days, 12 Hrs, 14 Sec ago
I can has another wall of text?
ShadyKnight (Mod) said on: 2009-02-25 04:33 pm
5510 Days, 14 Hrs, 42 Min, 1 Sec ago
Bump before it disappears into obscurity.
TheQuickness said on: 2009-03-05 02:34 am
5503 Days, 4 Hrs, 41 Min, 6 Sec ago
Your thoughts are full of one line advices. Snippets the majority of the world has heard before finishing gradeschool.

It's a mixture of religious paraphrasings and parental metaphores, and suggests that you haven't experienced enough to fill that much space with learned advice.

If I carried a tape recorder into a handful of churches and support groups and randomly pressed record and stop, the end result would sound like what you spent all that time writing.

My advice to you is to stop thinking about these things. Hell, stop thinking at all. Not in an aggresive 'you should go and die' way, but more in a go make some stupid decisions. Ruin your life and the pick up the peices and fix it again, then go and destroy it again.

If you treat your life philosophy like a book. Tear it from its spine and throw the pages around the room. Toss it in a bonfire and dance around the flames and ash. Don't worry so much about how things should be, or are supposed to be. Just ... find your own way to complete the previous statement.

But then of course, if none of this sounds appealing to you. Don't do it. Or do it regardless.

My whole point is if your thinking about lifes lessons before your unable to do anything but think about them. You're probably wasting your time.
ShadyKnight (Mod) said on: 2009-03-05 02:59 am
5503 Days, 4 Hrs, 16 Min, 4 Sec ago
That's one of the most negative things I've heard in a while. If I'm reading correctly, you basically told my that my collection of MY thoughts isn't even MY thoughts, but merely adages that I've absorbed throughout the years.

Here's the thing: every word typed there consists of things that I ponder on a daily level. As for "go do something stupid"... I'll leave with the following comment. Yes, it's an old adage, but familiarity is a common teaching tool, as is commiting things to memory.

"If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all."

*ShadyKnight leaves silently
Desideo said on: 2009-03-05 12:55 pm
5502 Days, 18 Hrs, 19 Min, 43 Sec ago
"Your thoughts are full of one line advices. Snippets the majority of the world has heard before finishing gradeschool."

Incorrect. But I get the intended exageration.

TheQuickness - My advice to you is to either add something to the pot, or even to somehow improve the philosophy. Or shut up, because I don't see anything usefull coming from you, and it just makes you look bad.

Whether or not Shady's philosophy is simple, and common, I'm sure it didn't take him twenty one years to come up with it, but rather twenty one years before he wrote it down, and whether it isn't the most complex piece of work, simplicity has it's place and time, and that time is now--so that Shady can further his philosophy, because it is just a baby step to some greater philosophical achievements for him--and that place is here at NN.

To add to all that: Your whole point is moot. Before being able to do something, you must think about it first, and before being able to think about something more thoroughly, you must first acknowledge the basics of it, and set them in stone, so that you can first have a solid base to build on. Understand?
TheQuickness said on: 2009-03-05 03:56 pm
5502 Days, 15 Hrs, 19 Min, 34 Sec ago
My whole point was that their isnt anything that any of us can think of that hasn't been thought of already. This arguement of mine can be found in hundreds of books, dozens of which I have already read which is why there isnt a single point in my arguement where I imply that I am any more original.

personal philosophys are just that, personal. Mine may not apply to you, yours definatly doesnt apply to me. Personally the thought that everything we think, do, or say is meaningless doesnt seem negative at all to me. If nothing you do matters, you're free to do anything.

If you feel I'm an idiot for that then the feeling is mutal. I do feel that your an idiot because you dismissed my entire opinion as negative simply because I put forth a strong stance of disagreement initially. If you read to the end I pretty much said to do whatever you want to. You don't have to agree with me.
Desideo said on: 2009-03-05 10:30 pm
5502 Days, 8 Hrs, 45 Min, 9 Sec ago
"My whole point was that their isnt anything that any of us can think of that hasn't been thought of already."

So? What you just said has been said before too. So what was the point of it? Life is a big cycle. Everything has been thought of to some extent, and to some extent, it will be thought of again. You must be aware of this. So why pleasure us with the obvious knowledge that what we are saying has already been said?

Based on some of your unnecessary remarks, your post was definitely negative. And intentionally so. You made some remarks that had no place in the point you were trying to make. You just can't admit it, because it's apart of an arguement that you don't want to give up on.
ShadyKnight (Mod) said on: 2009-03-13 07:10 pm
5494 Days, 12 Hrs, 5 Min, 23 Sec ago
Bump for justice
ILLiCiT said on: 2009-03-13 10:21 pm
5494 Days, 8 Hrs, 54 Min, 15 Sec ago
Bump for post count
Nataku said on: 2009-03-23 11:40 am
5484 Days, 19 Hrs, 35 Min, 39 Sec ago
well well well, looks like it's none other than dondon actinng like a n00b as usual.

*flames dondon*
DrakenRahl said on: 2009-03-23 01:19 pm
5484 Days, 17 Hrs, 55 Min, 40 Sec ago
Well, well, well.. I'm sorry but I just couldn't read all that.
Nataku said on: 2009-04-03 05:00 pm
5473 Days, 14 Hrs, 15 Min, 39 Sec ago
well well well , what do we have here
Tommy_V said on: 2009-04-03 09:07 pm
5473 Days, 10 Hrs, 8 Min, 15 Sec ago
"If nothing you do matters, you're free to do anything."

I can see some truth to that. I mean, on one hand, in the end it doesn't really matter does it? We all die one day, and everyone knows it. That may seem morbid to some but it's not really a negative point of view because there's more to it than that. If you think about it more thoroughly, it can be seen as a neutral point of view. Neither optimistic, nor pessimistic.

I think what Sideo missed was that he said nothing you "do" matters and that he did not say "nothing matters." Now, if he had said "nothing matters", then I'd think of it as negative because there are alot of things that matter to anyone and everyone, as apparently his point matters to him. ;) What people do, I guess, doesn't necessarily have to be one of those significant things.

For example, ambition can be defined as what one intends to do or achieve. Ambition is your drive for success, but success can mean a lot of things. That success is very important, but what we do to achieve that success may not be important or will just simply be seen as an obstacle. However, this can be a double-edged sword, since if which path we take to success has no bearing, an ethical dilemma may present itself. I guess tunnel-vision can be dangerous. :o

Also, I don't know why, but I feel as though you feel we're advocating our philosophies on everyone else that reads them. I don't know about the others, but I, myself, was just exercising my mind with some healthy debate and discussion. We weren't really giving advice, I don't think. It was more of an analysis of our own past experiences.

Honestly, I'm not saying what I think or do is any more righteous than what you do, but telling me what I've written is just random nonsense that people have already said before doesn't really help your point or argument. Slandering me, or libeling in this case, only makes you seem arrogant as to your own points and opinions.

And, no, I don't think about all of these philosophies before I do almost anything. Most of what I said are just ramblings of stuff that I've thought about AFTER experiencing different things. AFTER I've done some really stupid sh!t. And AFTER I've messed up my life in one way or another. Plus, there's no time to think about philosophies for every little thing you do. If anyone did, what life would be left?

What I'm trying to say is that we're not saying the way you live your life is wrong, nor are we telling you to live your life the way we see it. All we're doing is telling you what we see, so to speak.

P.S. I might've started rambling halfway through and forgot what my original point was, but I have no time to read it over again. So, anyone else that posted a wall of text, correct me wherever you think I'm wrong. ;)
TheQuickness said on: 2009-04-04 12:30 pm
5472 Days, 18 Hrs, 45 Min, 31 Sec ago
You are right. I was approaching this as if everyone was advocating their point of view to everyone else as the correct perspective. But I was doing that to purposfully oppose myself to their thoughts.

Much like metal sharpens metal, so a mind can be sharpened by another mind. (paraphrashed from something I remember from school)

I was trying to make people peel away things they've heard as advice and have taken at face value and instead to think solely of what they have in fact learned through their own experience. Anyone who is told that fire burns, but has never felt its heat doesnt actually know that it burns.

For instance if you put a funnel on a hose that blows air outward, then put a ping pong ball that plugs the hole of the hose in the funnel and turn on the air what you know from spitballs as a kid suggest the ping pong ball will fly across the room. But what it really does is hover in the funnel.

Now I've lost all thread of my argument from that point on because Im cold and hungry. So Im going to eat something and leave it at that.
ShadyKnight (Mod) said on: 2009-04-11 02:57 pm
5465 Days, 16 Hrs, 18 Min, 2 Sec ago
Stated like that, I don't take as much offense as I once did. I realize that a lot of these are familiar phrases and whatnot, but I selected the ones that are closest to my philosophy on life. Additionally, my main purpose here was to get people thinking. I don't necessarily care if anyone agrees with me or not, I just want them to consider things in a different light.