General Forum

Deleted my threads? 15 replies

Tooks said on: 2012-01-23 06:34 pm
4476 Days, 2 Hrs, 37 Min, 47 Sec ago
Why? Just curious...
ShadyKnight (Mod) said on: 2012-01-24 03:31 pm
4475 Days, 5 Hrs, 40 Min, 58 Sec ago
I deleted it because "smoking herbs" is not suitable forum discussion, especially when it's for the sole purpose of getting high. On top of that, K2 and other fake marijuana's have been found to cause more health issues than the "herbs" they are replacing, and don't have proper legal classifications.
Tooks said on: 2012-01-25 06:22 pm
4474 Days, 2 Hrs, 50 Min, 18 Sec ago
Fair enough although one or two of your points could have been argued. -_-
TinaMiaz said on: 2012-02-02 05:24 pm
4466 Days, 3 Hrs, 47 Min, 50 Sec ago
But it's a general forum...For anything...How can YOU decide on what's suitable for everyone to read or not. It's K2...not dope.
ShadyKnight (Mod) said on: 2012-02-03 05:01 pm
4465 Days, 4 Hrs, 10 Min, 54 Sec ago
I can decide because I'm the only active moderator. K2, Spice and other "herbal alternatives" have been proven to have more adverse effects than the "herbs" they are supplanting, not to mention that they are in a state of legal limbo and are unregulated. Drug (or drug alternative) discussions should be held privately as opposed to on our forums. I'm a very lax guy, but the areas I don't make exceptions for are drugs and bigotry. Long story short, there's nobody watching this site except me, so I figured I should at least do my job.
Tooks said on: 2012-02-05 09:02 am
4463 Days, 12 Hrs, 9 Min, 50 Sec ago
Well, if anyone has any questions about the stuff or maybe want to ask about a particular product (chances are, I've tried it); Feel free to message me. I check in every now and then so I'll answer back eventually :P

Also Shady, allow me to clarify a few things for you :P

When spice first hit the market, it started in Great Britain. Much like here in the US, it was marketed as a legal alternative and was unregulated. This was YEARS ago btw. The first generation of K2 was made with a synthetic cannabinoid known as JWH-018 (http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showwiki.php?title=JWH-018). Now, it was eventually added to the Schedule I list for research because it was an imitation designer drug. Not because it had been found to be harmful. The first generation was found to be quite sporadic in potency as manufacturers were new to the product and some brands would be sold unknowingly too powerful.

Why is it considered dangerous or harmful?

Scientifically it's dangerous because it has not been clinically tested in a contained environment on a human subject, however when tested on animals it was shown to produce the same effect as THC, only more potent as your cannabinoid receptors were stimulated more so than with THC. The FDA allows tons of legal drugs and pills to be sold without human testing merely because they've been tested in animals. Just a side note for thought...

Now, think back to when herb was supposed to be this big terrible thing that would ruin your life and kill you, cause cancer, melt your brain, etc etc...

The reason there is speculation that K2 is harmful is because every now and then you will get a kid who has never smoked herb, never done anything, and he will go and chief down a whole bag of this K2 and go into severe panic attacks (Herb ever made you paranoid? Remember this stuff is a more potent effect), etc blah blah blah.

My main point is, if you don't want a topic like this on the forums because of it's controversy that's perfectly acceptable. However, I beg that you don't jump the gun and label K2 as harmful until it had been directly proven so. I'm not saying it couldn't turn out to be dangerous, but so far they've found nothing that points directly to K2.
WeaponX (Mod) said on: 2012-02-23 11:20 am
4445 Days, 9 Hrs, 52 Min, 25 Sec ago
I dunno where your from, but 'Spice' and all that jazz is sold here as incense and says right on it not for human consumption lol. As for the herbs.. publicly posting such things just isn't such a good idea regardless of what the moderators think. Stuff on the net can be seen by anybody, ranging from 8 year old kids to government agents. If we did just so happen to start getting a younger crowd again, they don't need to be going up to their parents asking what this stuff is. Just be on the safe side and keep it private please.

[Added at 02/23/2012 11:52:47 by WeaponX]
Perfect example of this: My Xbox live name used to be xXx KroniX xXx until my 13 year old brother asked me what kronix meant. Imagine how embarrassed I was. What would you say? Lol

[Added at 02/23/2012 20:21:38 by WeaponX]
"Chronic video game player" lol
Tooks said on: 2012-02-28 05:59 am
4440 Days, 15 Hrs, 13 Min, 27 Sec ago
Tony, its labeled that way to avoid future problems should this become illegal. That way its the sole responsibility of the user. I stated that I don't mind having my thread deleted due to the controversy it can bring in some people. Show me something that proves spice is more dangerous than herb. Also, its not my responsibility to censor my thoughts or opinions on a free-topic forum because some 13 year olds parents don't moniter his internet activities. I've seen far worse on these forums anyway...
WeaponX (Mod) said on: 2012-03-18 09:41 pm
4420 Days, 23 Hrs, 30 Min, 52 Sec ago
Lol I wasn't trying to start a debate. :) Honestly though I know nothing about any of that new stuff.. Never tried it, haven't even researched it.. Just said the incense thing 'cause I've seen the stuff r/l, but that's it...
Happyguy said on: 2012-04-10 01:53 pm
4398 Days, 7 Hrs, 19 Min, 7 Sec ago
Here I can settle this argument for you

Spice/K2/whatever you call it isnt that great for you. Its a combination of plants that together when smoked replicate and THC 'high', but what your actually getting more of is a headache, thats it.

Stick to the real herb. Legalize. Educate. Regulate.
TinaMiaz said on: 2012-04-10 03:45 pm
4398 Days, 5 Hrs, 27 Min, 5 Sec ago
That's so opinionated.
WeaponX (Mod) said on: 2012-04-10 06:15 pm
4398 Days, 2 Hrs, 57 Min, 4 Sec ago
Sorry I can't join this conversation, all I can say is my opinions replicate Happy's. Otherwise I'd post a mile long thread about how alcohol and cigarettes are so much worse, and yet legal. Makes me sick. >_<
Tooks said on: 2012-04-15 06:15 am
4393 Days, 14 Hrs, 57 Min, 4 Sec ago
Actually, the plant matter you're smoking has very little to do with the effects. Thanks for trying though ^_^
WeaponX (Mod) said on: 2012-04-16 11:08 am
4392 Days, 10 Hrs, 3 Min, 34 Sec ago
Well, the news just said two or three nights ago how Spice and other similar products are literally burning peoples lungs up and killing them. They go to the hospital after this happens, but their lungs are already so shot by this point that there's nothing that can be done. Then the people change one or two things in the product and call it something else. No thanks lol. Legal or not, I strongly advise against these products, but to each his own.

Funny thing about this post, is my grandpa of all people told me about this lol.

[Added at 04/16/2012 12:09:52 by WeaponX]
Also, I'm not quite sure I understand your previous post there. Please explain.
Stormbringer said on: 2012-04-16 03:49 pm
4392 Days, 5 Hrs, 22 Min, 44 Sec ago
Fire up the bong and let us discuss!
Tooks said on: 2012-04-25 07:46 am
4383 Days, 13 Hrs, 25 Min, 44 Sec ago
My lungs are just fine. Vapo ftw...

Show me an article on this "lungs" issue and I'll consider giving it a glance, but as far as local news goes. I don't listen to licoln log they say towards controversial subjects because it's normally one sided and not the whole story.