WaR2: New Horizons Forum

Universal Trading System 9 replies

Crlaozwyn said on: 2008-05-03 07:36 am
5836 Days, 7 Hrs, 59 Min, 57 Sec ago
This is, in some ways, a continuation of another thread (Banking). Instead of merely seeing people give themselves their own money, is a universal trading system (not to be confused with the auction). In this UTS, players would be able to transfer nearly everything (the only exception I can immediately think of are quest-related items) between not only their own characters, but between accounts as well. Please allow me to outline a few reasons I think this would be especially useful:

1) I've heard that guilds will be implemented eventually. It would be a big incentive for new players to join if these guilds could have armories - equipment that could be transferred to players as they level up.
2) With the level requirements for equipment (especially with the concept of "binding" we discussed), there is little more room for abuse than simply transferring money between people (which could still be done through the auction system by bidding ridiculously high for a worthless item).
3) It would help prevent the auction system from getting clogged up with personal transfers, instead of auctions.

I have more thoughts on the topic, but I'd like to hear other peoples' opinions as well.
Sal said on: 2008-05-03 11:45 am
5836 Days, 3 Hrs, 50 Min, 58 Sec ago
I like these ideas.

Of course this means alot of balancing to do, which so far takes alot of time.

I think before implementing new ideas we have to get the war2 basics working properly.

Beta testing is getting long and boring. I'd like to start playing competitively, to pvp and to join a guild. We can work on extras once all this is up and running.
Crlaozwyn said on: 2008-05-03 03:35 pm
5836 Days, 37 Seconds ago
Sal, I'm in no way suggesting that TS abandon any of his current projects. However, people won't play this game to join guilds that can't help their members in any way other than advice (which Q&As already do for anyone who asks).

Before ideas can be balanced, they typically have to be implemented :D
Skw45610 said on: 2008-05-03 06:16 pm
5835 Days, 21 Hrs, 19 Min, 56 Sec ago
I find it a bit funny if... people join guilds just for equipment. ^^ Or guilds that have the biggest armories...

I thought guilds should be some sort of like.. guild wars? or adventuring an area together to kill really tough monsters :) Or some group work together like completing quests :P (quests can be done solo or in groups, for example, a few areas that can only be entered by spellcasters or fighters, so it can never be completed alone).

[Added at 05/03/2008 23:12:49 by Skw45610]
I think i need to clarify a bit. When I said guild wars, and blah blah.. i didn't say the game must head towards this direction. All i'm trying to say is... guild = group activities :P
Sal said on: 2008-05-04 02:02 pm
5835 Days, 1 Hr, 33 Min, 59 Sec ago
Killing a monster in a group is an excellent idea. So is group quests. I'm hoping this will be implemented.
TheQuickness said on: 2008-05-04 03:22 pm
5835 Days, 13 Minutes, 43 Seconds ago
Theres a lot of technical problems with it though.
TheSource (Admin) said on: 2008-05-04 11:15 pm
5834 Days, 16 Hrs, 20 Min, 45 Sec ago
I've been toying around with a party system... and I'm still debating whether or not to implment it into WaR2... It would require IMMENSE amounts of effort on both my part, and the part of the beta testers. However no one wants to beta... Its always 'Oh, I'll start playing when its competitive' and 'I dont want to play until beta is over'. honestly, the betas have been mostly pointless, as I havent recieved more than a small iota of feedback, and the feedback I do get is from people I already had in the closed alpha, and nothing constructive... so much as 'U LIEK TOTLLY NED 2 ADD THIS! IT WULD BE SO KUUL!' ' Ok, any specifics you can give me?' 'YEAH JUST MAKE IT DU THIS!'
TheQuickness said on: 2008-05-05 06:43 am
5834 Days, 8 Hrs, 52 Min, 39 Sec ago
wow ... frustrated much?
Elmy said on: 2008-05-05 07:13 am
5834 Days, 8 Hrs, 22 Min, 29 Sec ago
What exactly are you looking for, then? There's not going to be anything wrong right now... it's the same thing over and over, and hardly any different then what the game was 8 years ago? Unless you add new things, there's nothing for the beta testers to actually test. You can blame the testers are much as you want, but really, it's all up to you.
Skw45610 said on: 2008-05-05 06:46 pm
5833 Days, 20 Hrs, 49 Min, 39 Sec ago
TheSource
Don't need to get so stressed up. Great games don't pop out of no where... and I think you have been doing a great job.

As to your point of beta testers, well, it's true that few wants to wait till the game is no longer in testing. But all the games out there... even after the game is open to the public, there are still improvements and changes and bug fixes. So when the game is mature enough, even if it's not the final WAR2, i feel it's still alright to be released. Changes and new stuff can still be developed (preferablely on testing area and not the main servers).

As to getting beta testers... no comments. People respond well to incentives. And I think you prefer a delicated group of testers rather than a large pool of people who just want to look and see.

[Added at 05/05/2008 18:56:54 by Skw45610]
"so much as 'U LIEK TOTLLY NED 2 ADD THIS! IT WULD BE SO KUUL!' ' Ok, any specifics you can give me?' 'YEAH JUST MAKE IT DU THIS!' "

What kind of feedback are you looking for? The loading speed is very decent to me. In battles, I never have the case when I killed the monster and I didn't get gold or experience.. blah blah.. You must have something in mind when you said that ^^ (bearing in mind that not everyone has the programming background to know what's feastable and what's not. :))