General Forum

Presidential Elections 19 replies

Don32 said on: 2008-01-11 03:31 pm
5949 Days, 9 Hrs, 49 Min, 51 Sec ago
This is naturally to all citizens of the US. Ilegals dont count either. I figured it be nice for everyone to state there opinion on who the would like to win this years presidential election. As well as who they dont want to win. Plus y u think so. Im not all for politics or nething. I just like to hear opinions.
TheWhiteDemon said on: 2008-01-11 03:32 pm
5949 Days, 9 Hrs, 48 Min, 19 Sec ago
I want Rudy.
Cap4 said on: 2008-01-11 03:44 pm
5949 Days, 9 Hrs, 36 Min, 27 Sec ago
I'm a strong McCain supporter, but I wouldn't mind Obama or Edwards.

I just don't want Hilary to win.
TerranCommando said on: 2008-01-11 04:16 pm
5949 Days, 9 Hrs, 3 Min, 58 Sec ago
@TWD:

9/11.
DannyFo (Mod) said on: 2008-01-11 05:15 pm
5949 Days, 8 Hrs, 5 Min, 9 Sec ago
#1 Just because they aren't from US doesn't mean what decision the US makes doesn't have an impact on them. So please feel free to post your opinion even if you aren't from the US.

#2 Just because they are Illegal aliens doesn't mean they don't have an opinion either. If anything based on who gets elected greatly influences immigration laws. So please if you've been living in the US illegally, I would personally like to hear your opinion.

I'm voting Obama. Voted for him in Illinois too. Good guy.
Alex said on: 2008-01-11 07:39 pm
5949 Days, 5 Hrs, 41 Min, 46 Sec ago
I live in Canada, and I can say that if Obama or Clinton is the next President, US will never be the same, at least, it won't be like it was the last 16 years.

So I would vote for Clinton or Obama, but I would prefer to see Obama.

He looks like a nice guy :P
Jeany said on: 2008-01-11 07:56 pm
5949 Days, 5 Hrs, 24 Min, 25 Sec ago
Ron Paul Revolution http://www.ronpaul2008.com/
TerranCommando said on: 2008-01-11 09:24 pm
5949 Days, 3 Hrs, 56 Min, 29 Sec ago
I'd also go with Ron Paul but if any other republican was running I'd like to see Obama win.
Dondon said on: 2008-01-11 11:01 pm
5949 Days, 2 Hrs, 19 Min, 5 Sec ago
Canada is in a large part influenced by the US, so the elections there matter almost as much as our own. Plus our elections don't get nearly the same coverage. Some of the candidates don't even have Wikipedia articles.:/

I think most everyone agrees that Ron Paul is the ideal winner. Otherwise I don't think any of them would be any good. Any of them who is prepared to cut spending and raise taxes would be the best for the economy. Barring that, any of them who knows that personal beliefs have no place in government is the best choice (for American citizens; Canada doesn't really get affected by banning abortion and stuff). Barring that, any of them with a realistic plan for teh war (not draw out ASAP and not stay there forever) is a good choice (this benefits everybody, since a bad plan will just make tensions higher and give terrorists more resources).
Don32 said on: 2008-01-13 06:26 pm
5947 Days, 6 Hrs, 54 Min, 16 Sec ago
ok i never meant to offend neone by saying nething about illegals or non US citizens. It must have come out wrong to say that. I just want to know what ppl think themselves. I know that the US affects other countries around us far and near. I am only a firm believer that if u live here u should pay taxes. I dont care about all the other stuff. As far as canadians go. i think u guys have some policies and laws (as well as ethics) that r better in some wayz than the US. And other countries have better ways as well.

But i also think like some of u that Hilary should not win either. And as for Obama, mad props to the man for going for president, but im afraid if he gets elected that it will be mainly on the basis that he is a Black man and not that he is a qualified man to take office. He may be qualified but thats not y he will get elected. Same for Hilary, she will be elected because of her sex. But i dont think she needs to be president because of some of the things she says and i think she wants to do it alittle more for the glory than nething.

Ron Paul has good ideals and ideas. But this country cant take such radical changes at one time. Alot of the things he wants to do in office as well as all the things he wants to start are to much. And he will effect everyone around us alot.

So that my opinion whats urs???
Dondon said on: 2008-01-13 09:08 pm
5947 Days, 4 Hrs, 12 Min, 8 Sec ago
It's ironic that something GOOD about Ron Paul is that his radical stuff won't come to fruition. Stuff like gold standard is retarded, especially with his implementation of it (apparently he intends to have two currencies...not a good thing). But he has basically no chance of getting in.

Obama's blackness will work against him. People may pretend to be all accepting and supportive of it, but when they go to vote in the real election, he will likely get lower than predicted results. When it comes down to it, there are a lot of prejudiced people. Of course I don't really know what it's like in the US, given that Canada has like 4 black people. We have Asians in office, but there isn't as much history with them (aside from interning them...).
Pulk said on: 2008-01-13 11:46 pm
5947 Days, 1 Hr, 34 Min, 7 Sec ago
I plan on voting for McCain. Also, I think the reason behind Obama's troubles in the general election will not be the fact that he is black as much as the fact he is a first term senator that hasn't headed a committee while in the senate.
Dondon said on: 2008-01-13 11:58 pm
5947 Days, 1 Hr, 22 Min, 16 Sec ago
Obviously there's that, but someone mentioned him being black as being an advantage. Experience will cripple him more than anything else (aside from general disagreement with his ideals).

Junior Senator
from Illinois
Incumbent
Assumed office
January 3, 2005

Srsly, that's quite a big leap in position. He entered politics in 1997. Barely 10 years' experience and most of that was in something so minor I can't remember the name. He might have the ability to lead in 5 or 10 years' time, but I doubt he has it now. He might have all his ideas and policies and whatnot in order, but you can't just jump into being president of any country.
Stormbringer said on: 2008-01-14 12:48 am
5947 Days, 32 Minutes, 0 Seconds ago
So what if Obama is black? So what if Hillary is a woman. I go no problems with either simply based on race / sex issue. I base my vote on what I think each candidate is going to do for the country. I mean come on the US has had a retard as president for seven plus years!
Ilidan said on: 2008-01-14 01:24 pm
5946 Days, 11 Hrs, 56 Min, 15 Sec ago
Stormbringer...

You yourself may not care, but that doesn't say anything about the millions of ignorants living in the United States.

To be honest, at no point in the foreseeable future will the United States have a Muslim president. Nor a woman.

Hillary, as much as I hate her, is a very capable candidate, but she won't be elected, and that is, among other reasons, because she is a woman.
Dondon said on: 2008-01-14 11:06 pm
5946 Days, 2 Hrs, 14 Min, 47 Sec ago
As is >50% of the US population. Of course half of them will probably vote for what their husband does.

Obama is not a Muslim. He's a filthy Christian!!!
Korgrath (Mod) said on: 2008-01-15 11:36 am
5945 Days, 13 Hrs, 44 Min, 8 Sec ago
Here's a little insight as to why I feel that they're all pretty much the same (except Ron Paul). I don't want to vote for a sinking ship, it doesn't matter now nice he/she is, or what their religion is.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/staticarticles/article59693.html
Pulk said on: 2008-01-15 03:01 pm
5945 Days, 10 Hrs, 19 Min, 18 Sec ago
Ron Paul is a little bit out there for my taste. He has a foreign policy practically pushing isolationism. On top of that, though I am a fiscal conservative like him, he goes to far in his views of abolishing the IRS,etc.
GuildaMage said on: 2008-01-15 08:08 pm
5945 Days, 5 Hrs, 12 Min, 51 Sec ago
Im waiting for the playing field to get narrowed down before i bother with it, then ill read their platforms and decide then, based on what ive seen so far, obama is my canidate of choice. He seems like a "normal" and intelligent person.

Honestly id rather have the "under-experienced" new guy, then someone who has had 25-30 years to get corrupted by interest groups.

and imo whats better for our economy would be to cut goverment spending by a significant margin, increase the actual benefits to the people of their taxes ( i lose approx. 19% of each pay check and still wind up paying for classes and medical coverage), and leave taxes right where they are at.

As far as foreign policy goes, i think a bit more isolationism is what the US needs. We have way too many troops abroad and spend way too much helping other countries with problems when we have our own people to take care of.

Oh and solution for immigration: make all our current illegals legal; put up a fence, line up gun towers, and shoot to kill. After a few hundred people die without being able to get into the us, i think we will have far fewer illegals.
Dondon said on: 2008-01-15 10:26 pm
5945 Days, 2 Hrs, 54 Min, 35 Sec ago
Better solution: bomb the south. Gets rid of:
90% of illegals
90% of stupid Americans
90% of hurricanes
90% of Republicans

Then put up the guard towers.

(It's a joke lol.)