General Forum

How can NetNexus as a whole be improved? 77 replies

FireStarter said on: 2008-04-05 04:53 pm
5857 Days, 19 Hrs, 30 Min, 5 Sec ago
As the title says... How can it be improved? :P

Do you find yourself sitting at your computer wondering how NetNexus can be improved? Do you find yourself wondering how you you can influence the future of your community?

THEN WONDER NO MORE!!!!! :D

List any and all suggestions that you feel as a user would help to improve the site and the community. Even if someone has already suggested something you wanted to suggest... by all means suggest it anyways.

No suggestion is dumb or stupid unless it means the destruction of the site. :)

[Added at 04/05/2008 19:03:04 by FireStarter]
Keep in mind Nations is not the only game on NetNexus... Please try to broaden your suggestions to go outside of Nations.
WARBEAST said on: 2008-04-05 04:55 pm
5857 Days, 19 Hrs, 28 Min, 1 Sec ago
get rid of you and replace with a member with common sense?
Al_capone said on: 2008-04-05 06:16 pm
5857 Days, 18 Hrs, 6 Min, 29 Sec ago
This site needs serious advertisement......more ppl join....more vips,etc.

Bigger clan page room.Allowing upload from computer....instead of other host sites.

Regular mods should be on a vote process.....leaving head mod to admins.Having a 3 month period.....and when time is up......5 ppl nominated for 1 spot by admin and voted on by users when they log in,giving no option but to vote before playing.

Having a u.n. ......delegates from each clan in it......with ability to exchange goods food,oil,etc or sell at what they want.

Each clan can stockpile a certange percentage of entire clans goods in it.....sort of like a warehouse for each clan.These can not be attacked and taken away.

At this u.n. the admins have polls on what to implement in game or take away w/ votes by clan leaders.

freedom to load icons for all....vips get bigger one.

Having attacks setup so they warn ppl ahead of time and depending on type of attack.....gives you estimate time of attack and weather forecast for that time.Delays between sending military and attacking will make for better gameplay....leaving attacker open.

w/ attacks and delays of reaching attackie.......it will be based on part of globe we choose to live in..........having a map of world and location designation for every player will play part in attacks.
Korgrath (Mod) said on: 2008-04-05 08:42 pm
5857 Days, 15 Hrs, 41 Min, 2 Sec ago
a WaR2 plugin for Facebook so we can get tons of new blood in here :p

hey a guy can dream can't he? :p
Viper10488 said on: 2008-04-05 09:11 pm
5857 Days, 15 Hrs, 11 Min, 25 Sec ago
Al just addressing one thing

Regular mods should be on a vote process.....leaving head mod to admins.Having a 3 month period.....and when time is up......5 ppl nominated for 1 spot by admin and voted on by users when they log in,giving no option but to vote before playing.

this aint a democracy and furthermore, if it was. It would be unfair elections, it would be more popularity contests than ne thing else.

On a side note, how NN can improve is, we need to expand first of all so you guys can get more VIP's thus more $, because $ speaks. Further, more games that attract people, as you can tell, NN requires 100% interaction with other people, TL can be all vs CPU, as can LOTG and onward so, maybe that is why people do not play it as much?

Live action is better than CPU action, heck many NN users come on not for the game, but for friends.

Friends attract people, be more welcoming as a community in all of our games, competition is important, but if you got so much competition that
any new comers are automatically targetted as "multi's" or "newbies" not worthy of talking to. I doubt they will stay. and what fun is it if you have a top 50 of only 50 players in the game. where a 5 tech point can be the 50th winner.

its like a cycle, you get too competitive, you lose members thus, it isn't as competitive when you have barely any members left, when you are too lenient and non competitive, the game isn't as fun. with the Space Trading game we had before hand, it was a bit more interactive but not as much. That was still, let me go fly around and explore the middle of a 0 to 2500 space...

In nations, look at how we work, Tech alliances, Attacks, market, clans, and look at our old school chat which is usually filled more than any other chat.

Of Course people still love TL as well.
Something about that game also attracts people, but for only so long. with Nations, see the constant monthly reset? thus enabling people to try again?

TL can't be the same thing but needs to have something that allows the new comers to not be so disadvantaged.

Thats all i can think of now. This is my random ramble. Anyways yeah, hope it helps.
Red (Tester) said on: 2008-04-05 09:17 pm
5857 Days, 15 Hrs, 6 Min, 17 Sec ago
Take away Blake's admin. H A
Pic said on: 2008-04-05 09:59 pm
5857 Days, 14 Hrs, 23 Min, 26 Sec ago
Allow more controversial posts to stand – I mean I agree with the idea that we don’t have freedom of speech here; but, it makes the forums stale to have the peaks of opinion filed down.

Don’t close threads down as well – let the peanut gallery have their say in things.

This is my ideas for mods – I’ll try to think of structural changes (actual changes to the site) soon.
SilverSurfer said on: 2008-04-05 10:53 pm
5857 Days, 13 Hrs, 29 Min, 37 Sec ago
I'll address this more later, but on a quick note, I don't think we really need more games or anything, I think Nations has great potential to hold this site togethere by itself, but it has to have some great changes. More strategical, more personalized.

Would be nice to have bigger flags and icons, both in size and char size, but that's not anything that would have a revolutionary effect. Just would be nice.
_ElessaR_ said on: 2008-04-06 01:52 am
5857 Days, 10 Hrs, 30 Min, 49 Sec ago
1. Let vips 'buy' turns. In return, let users use the market!!!

2. I got this idea from another online game:

Create an option "Declare war" in which 2 clans can officially declare war on each other. When this option is activated, readiness goes down very little for attacks between warring clans. This way, wars will be more fun due to the large amount of attacks done between both clans.

I hope the idea above is implemented one day, because I believe nations is made to be a war game, not a 'teching' game.
Entity-Neo said on: 2008-04-06 03:30 am
5857 Days, 8 Hrs, 53 Min, 10 Sec ago

Just no.
Winning will be based on the size of your wallet.
Viper10488 said on: 2008-04-06 06:02 am
5857 Days, 6 Hrs, 20 Min, 26 Sec ago
what neo said.
Archer said on: 2008-04-06 06:50 am
5857 Days, 5 Hrs, 32 Min, 26 Sec ago
What Viper said.
Nataku said on: 2008-04-06 07:32 am
5857 Days, 4 Hrs, 50 Min, 40 Sec ago
a buy Nataku (Vip) feature, that'd sure be swell.

more traffic somehow i guess. on high traffic sites i unno.
Pic said on: 2008-04-06 11:00 am
5857 Days, 1 Hr, 23 Min, 15 Sec ago

-----

Why don’t we just make a new game called ‘Pile of cash’ (‘PoC’ for short) – Whomever gives netnexus the highest amount of money will win the game. There will be rounds like nations & a sudden donation wave in the last 2 min that will determine the winner.

I’d play that! (I’m not kidding – I’d throw in 10 cents now and then.).

The winner can be then be called “the idiot” by everyone else.

----
Murdock86 said on: 2008-04-06 11:24 am
5857 Days, 58 Minutes, 46 Seconds ago
i think we need advertisement to get more people to aply like in nations so it is harder to get into top50 and more clans/bigger
AK47 said on: 2008-04-06 04:28 pm
5856 Days, 19 Hrs, 54 Min, 20 Sec ago

a suggestion that has been brought up in the past...bring back the retro version of Nations. im sure "back in the day" players would come back to play. if i recall correctly, it was when the game started changing that more people started leaving.

and i know the admin staff has put alot of work into remaking Nations and it would suck if all the effort went to the trash so to speak; so my other suggestion would be to release the new version and label it Nations 2.

so in other words, have 3 versions although. the past, present, and future!

another suggestion would be for the admin staff to develop a myspace,facebook, hi-5 specifically for NN! the networking would be great marketing for the game. ask current players to add the NN page to their "friends" list so others can view. might lead to people checking the site out and even signing up.

uh...what else? maybe a new layout for the site. i know people have said that they dont like the current layout due to dullness. i would suggest to make a layout that stands out.

ill continue to add when i have better developed thoughts about changes.
SilverSurfer said on: 2008-04-06 05:08 pm
5856 Days, 19 Hrs, 15 Min, 16 Sec ago
Yeah, buying turns is a... not very smart idea, to put nicely.

[Added at 04/06/2008 17:14:14 by SilverSurfer]
Oh, and AK, no, people started leaving like a year before all the changes happened... It definitely wasn't the changes that made people leave... In fact, before the changes to Nations, I dunno if it was way less active or way more active in Nations itself, but the forums were definitely a lot more lively. Before Hite was promoted, we had 130+ posts daily in Nations alone.

[Added at 04/06/2008 17:15:45 by SilverSurfer]
Then again, much of those posts were hate posts directed at my multiple 100+ juggernaut threads of flame, debate, and argueing. :D

[Added at 04/06/2008 17:16:10 by SilverSurfer]
100+ post*
Loki said on: 2008-04-06 07:14 pm
5856 Days, 17 Hrs, 8 Min, 42 Sec ago
Guys,

For those that want it quick, make it pretty and easy to navigate and then advertise.

As far as I can see it with the games we have and the games that are currently being worked on by the admins I dont think gameplay is much of an issue.

The one sujestion I could make for the gameplay is that (I know your working on it Blake) we could try to make the games more "New User" Friendly. This could include a tutorial to nations (and the other games) for new users, also a tips section, and possibly a restartable sandbox (exctly the same as nations) that could be used to try out techniques for users.

The next biggest thing I can think of is better colours on the background, the current grey leaves the site resonably drab looking, as has been said before in the thread if the site jumps out and grabs you your more likley to stay around.

Then once the site is pretty and easy for new players to navigate (maybe put graphics for the games on the main page to draw the eyes) then I would consider advertising. There is no point in starting advertising now when first impressions could be damaging to those that come.

On a side note, I do partially agree with Pic on the freedom of speech, however at the same time I know that the "controversial threads" could also be a problem. As with every system in the world you need rules. When broken you need penalties. These controversial threads and the freedom of speech on this site could very easily be seen as in a grey area. I honestly very rarley see what is done by the administration and moderators on this site as wrong. That is however a personal opinion (grey area).

Sal said on: 2008-04-06 07:29 pm
5856 Days, 16 Hrs, 53 Min, 42 Sec ago
"and possibly a restartable sandbox"

I vote yes to this!

Everyone else copy paste and say you agree or I crush your heads with my breasts.

This has got to be the godliest possible idea.
SilverSurfer said on: 2008-04-07 01:22 am
5856 Days, 11 Hrs, 1 Min, 3 Sec ago
At first, I thought the sandbox was going to be restartable... It would make sense. So I agree there.

I also agree with Loki and his idea about first making this site presentable before advertising... But to add to that idea, before improveing the layout, you should work on the base up. No layout would help this site to become more then it is now, really... Not in the long run, anyway. Work from the base up, which is improving the games themselves BEFORE making this all look nice, and that before advertising. And as I said before, Nations has the potential to hold this site up by itself. Which, it already has done. Meaning, Nations is the most important thing here. The only problem with it is that it's not incredibly strategical... You can't stop an attack from doing the damage it's meant to do... yada yada yada etc etc etc.

There are a few things to help the strategic view of things in nations, and I think Sean already helped us in setting up the ideas. Weather, Government, Popularity, and Advisory. Those four things need to hold more value in this game and have more effect on the outcome of other things.

As far as colors, fonts, yada yada, I think those are the least of our concerns... I like the way it is now, but it could be spiffed up a bit.
PinWizard said on: 2008-04-07 07:19 am
5856 Days, 5 Hrs, 3 Min, 22 Sec ago
if someone oneces me to i will make a myspace for NN...

the colors of NN are Bleh but they will do they do need spiced up tho. have the same layout but different colors

the clan stock piling of resorces is a fantastic idea i say yay to that and sals idea YAY to it also
Nataku said on: 2008-04-07 08:44 am
5856 Days, 3 Hrs, 38 Min, 41 Sec ago
i like the layout, it;s not Bs, cuits down to the chase.

but yeah make a myspace, and if it were ok i'd advertise as much as possible on my facebook and spinchat account, maybe even post some free adds in the appropraite category on www.kijiji.com and craigslist. w00t

am i allowed to do that, cause yeah.

only reason i don;t cause this isn't my site so i dun have permission, if i did have permision, i;d prob pu it out there a bit every couple of days.
PinWizard said on: 2008-04-07 11:17 am
5856 Days, 1 Hr, 5 Min, 55 Sec ago
http://www.myspace.com/nnetnexus thats the myspace i hope i dont get in trouble everyone add it

mods messages me via nations if u want the password and stuff to get on it
WeaponX (Mod) said on: 2008-04-07 01:54 pm
5855 Days, 22 Hrs, 28 Min, 56 Sec ago
I suggest limitting "rolling" in the chat room to a set number per day. Mainly so everybody doesn't start up and do it 10 million times in a row :P
Nataku said on: 2008-04-07 04:05 pm
5855 Days, 20 Hrs, 18 Min, 9 Sec ago
Nataku rolls 0-100... 100!

WIN BEEYATCHES!!!!!!!!

but yeah on a serious note, any admin or someone with authority besides doin a help ticket for this...

is it alright with ya'll if i advertise for you guys just cause, on other sites i use, and sites i sell stuff on.

Cause yeah i got free time, w00t!

[Added at 04/07/2008 16:06:13 by Nataku]
SR needs more newbies.

more more more
TheWhiteDemon said on: 2008-04-07 06:07 pm
5855 Days, 18 Hrs, 15 Min, 38 Sec ago
I vote give money to the past Nations Sandbox winner.

Who is that again?
_ElessaR_ said on: 2008-04-07 07:59 pm
5855 Days, 16 Hrs, 23 Min, 41 Sec ago
About my idea about letting vips buy turns;

Ok, I admit it sounds ridiculous, however lets say we have one round (only one round), in which vips can buy turns, imagine the crazy amount of funds NN will get within 30 days --> caused by rich and nub vips who will never win a round -.-
Space-Monkey said on: 2008-04-07 08:25 pm
5855 Days, 15 Hrs, 57 Min, 27 Sec ago
I suggest addiing a spell and grammar check to the forums.
SilverSurfer said on: 2008-04-07 09:34 pm
5855 Days, 14 Hrs, 48 Min, 40 Sec ago
Elessar - Still, not a smart idea. Think it through more. What would it do for the people who don't have VIP? Who would want to play then? It just wouldn't be fun. Not to mention, I'd cheat to screw the buyers up.
FireStarter said on: 2008-04-08 01:36 am
5855 Days, 10 Hrs, 47 Min, 5 Sec ago
I understand Nations is a big part of NetNexus and there are alot of great suggestions here specificly for Nations.

BUT... The reason I posted this in the general forum and not Nations is because I want suggestions that will benefit not only Nations but NetNexus in its entirity.

With that being said it would be greatly appreciated if any further suggestions could be directed more towards NetNexus and less towards Nations.

Also a major issue we havn't even touched yet that I would love to see suggestions for is... How could we improve the User/Mod interaction?

Do we need more helpful game Mods?

All around I am very pleased with alot of the suggestions I have read so don't stop now lets keep those brains of yours working. :)
Al_capone said on: 2008-04-08 06:40 am
5855 Days, 5 Hrs, 42 Min, 30 Sec ago
well honestly most view TL as dead as dead can be.....not much to do with it but clear up space and dump it.Same can go for acouple other games....lotgd is blah and most dont play it.

what we really need is a spot on this site to have a forum of shared pics,videos,etc....with own profile....not to rip off myspace but similar.Having links on our personal profile page to games,forums,chat.....that way this community could get stronger with a place to visit and check each other out and familys,cars....whatever.Ability on profile page to send out message to every member of clan at once.Ability to upload our own files from computer and not bother with host sites.

But no matter what nations is the heart of this site,put all the bells and whistles on this game first...and slowly expand with bigger projects.
SilverSurfer said on: 2008-04-08 11:25 am
5855 Days, 57 Minutes, 49 Seconds ago
FS - Improving Nations IS improving NN. That's my point. Because Nations has held NN up.
Cap4 said on: 2008-04-08 11:31 am
5855 Days, 51 Minutes, 45 Seconds ago
Bring back the lemonade stand forums!
Anguish said on: 2008-04-08 12:15 pm
5855 Days, 7 Minutes, 37 Seconds ago
If you guys want a better looking layout, i would suggestin writting the site in flash. Many websites (aiming at graphical quality) use flash instead of html. Flash is just...prettier....cooler...and more fun...

[Added at 04/08/2008 12:16:42 by Anguish]
As an example, a game i used to play:

http://www.truehustler.com/home/

Their banner/part of the site, was done with flash.
Rhunyc said on: 2008-04-08 08:19 pm
5854 Days, 16 Hrs, 3 Min, 42 Sec ago
Ummm... Well, since there's been multiple attempts at keeping a "yearbook"-like website going for netnexus, I'd go ahead and suggest that we implement a feature or page on netnexus like that. Or re-do the profile section, so that we can upload pictures or something...

Dunno, just something I thought about today randomly while at work.

[Added at 04/08/2008 20:21:38 by Victor_Troska]
That and a Nations/War2 application for Facebook would be pretty rad. :)
Wolfblack said on: 2008-04-08 08:27 pm
5854 Days, 15 Hrs, 55 Min, 34 Sec ago
Flash games!
_ElessaR_ said on: 2008-04-08 11:43 pm
5854 Days, 12 Hrs, 39 Min, 30 Sec ago
How about free 1 month of vip to all new users who register for this game? That way they will know how it feels to be a vip
Entity-Neo said on: 2008-04-09 01:03 am
5854 Days, 11 Hrs, 20 Min, 2 Sec ago
1. No, licoln log idea.
2. Could just keep remaking accounts.
SilverSurfer said on: 2008-04-09 02:10 am
5854 Days, 10 Hrs, 13 Min, 8 Sec ago
How about we just let all newbs be mods for one round, and people can buy Admin. The funds would go up.
Ilidan said on: 2008-04-09 03:32 pm
5853 Days, 20 Hrs, 50 Min, 23 Sec ago
More buttsecks?

No seriously, the best way to improve NN would be to expand the user base. That means paying to advertise.

Why?

More competative, bigger community...nothing but good.
Viper10488 said on: 2008-04-09 04:10 pm
5853 Days, 20 Hrs, 12 Min, 33 Sec ago
User/ Mod relations. Mods talk and welcome either new members or people in chat more often. Even though we get irritated by each other. Mods can chat with the others more as well. Depending on the Mod. xD
i know we are all busy people but an occasional "Hi, how was your day? ^_^" goes a long way.
Nataku said on: 2008-04-09 09:32 pm
5853 Days, 14 Hrs, 50 Min, 35 Sec ago
And how has this past week been Jay?

busy err easy goin.

What;s up.
_ElessaR_ said on: 2008-04-10 09:32 am
5853 Days, 2 Hrs, 50 Min, 56 Sec ago
Maybe add a new game called 'Strip poker'. So when someone types sex in google, netnexus would appear as one of the matches. Sex sells.
SilverSurfer said on: 2008-04-10 02:39 pm
5852 Days, 21 Hrs, 43 Min, 48 Sec ago
The way I see it is NN has this mental block where it thinks it's "Family oriented" or "Child Friendly" site, however, I'd safely doubt %30 of our forum population are under the age of 17. Safely. Chat? I'd say 85% of us in chat are adults, or almost.

Let's face it, NN needs to start treating this site appropriately for it's appropriate age group. Tell me what kids would want to play any of the games here? There just too old school, and primitive, thus, the only real people that stay here are us older chums. We're the dedicated users. Now we need a site dedicated to us. I'm tired and sick of things we can't do because the invisible children around here.

As for "Family Oriented"... Whatever that means... Family members with the same IP can't even play in the same clan, share an alliance, or even play the game without someone throwing out the "Multy" accusation at them.

The site is so child friendly that our main games represent destroying each others nations, killing drifters, let alone killing eachother with yamato guns.

We might as well start sippin on blood-stained juice boxes, and handing out laced animal crackers, cuz this site is just a swing set in a grave yard, and I want to try the mary-go-round.
Nataku said on: 2008-04-10 04:13 pm
5852 Days, 20 Hrs, 10 Min, 13 Sec ago
Wow, i actually like Ellesars idea.

srsly it;d attract a good crowd.

[Added at 04/10/2008 16:14:00 by Nataku]
Good point sideo.

but eyah i'm not a person who's in any position to rly have an oppinion ever so yeah. nothin coming from me.
Breakyourself said on: 2008-04-11 02:54 pm
5851 Days, 21 Hrs, 29 Min, 17 Sec ago
have real money pots for winning 1st place in nations, then maybe free vip followed by extra turns or somethin like that, or u can add a feature were u can buy x amount of turns for so much money
Dari said on: 2008-04-11 10:37 pm
5851 Days, 13 Hrs, 45 Min, 44 Sec ago
They already give free VIP for 1 month for the top ranked user every round. As to the "buying turns for x amount of money", that would not work because anyone that had a large wallet would have a unfair advantage. As it is it's getting to be harder and harder for a user to win a nations round. here my ideas on making NN better:
1. Having more custom games like Nations or TL
2. More advertisment of the site at various locations
3. In nations make it so clans might have some clan page templates.

I might add on later.
SilverSurfer said on: 2008-04-11 11:44 pm
5851 Days, 12 Hrs, 39 Min, 8 Sec ago
Meh, more mediocre games won't help anything. We could have a thousand Nations or a million alien invaders like games and still, we'd have to make em better.

Step up the game.
Badmrbill said on: 2008-04-13 08:11 am
5850 Days, 4 Hrs, 11 Min, 23 Sec ago
voting for top game on game listing sites helps draw people to games. i can find some that do this for free some do charge a fee to list you on their page.
most of these sites only allow 1 vote per 24 hrs. per person some even make you use a code to vote so game doesn't get one person voting 1000 times a day.

you can set up vote link so that when person votes they get a reward for voting this way everyone has same chance to earn say extra turns every day so say 10 turns per site you vote on. 5 sites that would be an extra 50 turns a day.

and as said in other post we need be more friendly. we need not harass newbies so much by calling them n00b every time we see them. try to help them out with things. i see some of this is happening now but not enough people treating the newbies decently. thou i have to say FS has improved 100% from way he use to treat people. and that is a big improvement on how new people see the game site. you go to a new site get bashed and harassed all the time you don't stay long.

in the general forums most of what is posted here should be allowed to stay as is general and is open to any topic. now if someone goes off cussing all the time in a post here then yeah some editing. but for the most part everyone is pretty good about not cussing.

as for the games most have been fun at times thou some get boring after while but i haven't tried some of the new ones as of yet as i work on another game site. so time is issue for me. might try adding couple of the old standard games like checkers, chess and backgammon this gives those that don't like the new or older games something to do and can hold tourneys for them couple other sites i mess with do this while running up to 20 other games to keep players on the site.
Nataku said on: 2008-04-14 04:19 pm
5848 Days, 20 Hrs, 3 Min, 30 Sec ago
I and Samsharp think that once the points are implemented, a NN casino bookie for betting on games would be uber cool.

like pooling a set amount of points for round winers errr, bet on battleship games.

and what not.

Thatd be cool.
Breakyourself said on: 2008-04-14 06:03 pm
5848 Days, 18 Hrs, 19 Min, 24 Sec ago
well dari i was just sayin i mean, i played a different game kindof like nations and u could buy turns and winner would get x amount of dollars and second would get extra turns and 3rd was extra turns to but, the thing with that game when i played it, it had like 3 or 4 times as many people as nations did if not more

[Added at 04/14/2008 18:06:20 by Breakyourself]
and also for new people free vip dosent sound like somethin that would keep people around, if it was real money theres more incentive, seeing how nations is a pretty hard thing to get into for newbies its the best lure im sure there is
Entity-Neo said on: 2008-04-14 06:44 pm
5848 Days, 17 Hrs, 39 Min, 18 Sec ago
Are you kidding bill?
An extra 50 turns per day?
Well say goodbye to everyone currently playing if that happened.
SilverSurfer said on: 2008-04-15 12:59 am
5848 Days, 11 Hrs, 24 Min, 10 Sec ago
Pay to play, not play to pay.
Red (Tester) said on: 2008-04-15 08:47 am
5848 Days, 3 Hrs, 35 Min, 36 Sec ago
I did not read most of this thread, so if this is repeated earlier, sorry.

Copied from an open ticket and was told to be re-directed here.

This chat suggestion has come up several times, that I've seen. Thought I might open a ticket about it in the off chance nobody else has:

Anyway, there should be some sort of color distinction between channels in chat. Now that people seem to use more than one channel, it's annoying to tell whether people are chatting from the war2 channel or the main channel. Sure, it says which channel, but I miss that a lot. if there is some sort of color distinction, it would be much easier.
Badmrbill said on: 2008-04-15 04:37 pm
5847 Days, 19 Hrs, 45 Min, 20 Sec ago
Are you kidding bill?
An extra 50 turns per day?
Well say goodbye to everyone currently playing if that happened.

well it was a example was not say to give 50 extra turns for sure but with a vote site some sort of reward would get everyone to vote daily. and it wouldn't be just 1 person that got the reward of turns it would be all that voted. and i don't see why you think everyone would leave as all would have the same bonus for voting so no one would get a real advantage. was trying to think of a fair way to help bring more people here. and not to be rude but what you said is the sort of thing that stops newbies from posting here. instead of just asking the ? you make a comment that makes it seem like the idea has no merit.
SilverSurfer said on: 2008-04-15 04:46 pm
5847 Days, 19 Hrs, 36 Min, 41 Sec ago
Well... As a newbie, I was picked on by a few people... Mainly the mods themselves.. Raider, Elm etc... That didn't keep me from coming here, all it did was change my character here, I became more of a flamer because of them... FS didn't really ever pick on me, he would just tell me to "Shut up noob", or something... But maybe that was all my own fault, as I tried calling him out on a few occasions, once, he even asked for Korgy's permition to start flaming me... LoL But anyway, I agree with neo, because I don't believe in paying to get that much advantage in a game... It doesn't really enhance the game itself, just the players.
Nataku said on: 2008-04-16 12:08 am
5847 Days, 12 Hrs, 14 Min, 51 Sec ago
K, if this would help, whoever has time on there hands, we should go canvassing on other game sites. and get ppl to sign up here. but not be all spam about it.

take like 20 mins in a chatroom, get to know the people, and fish em in.

I'm down if anyone wants to wingman it with me anytime.

Cause yeah everythings almost perfect.

Just like peeps been saying. need more members for al the games.
but yeah, theyre fun none the less.
Entity-Neo said on: 2008-04-16 12:56 am
5847 Days, 11 Hrs, 26 Min, 55 Sec ago
Im just saying, why would anyone want to play, if people can get an un-even amount of turns.
Nataku said on: 2008-04-16 01:16 am
5847 Days, 11 Hrs, 6 Min, 21 Sec ago
i'm with neo, that'd just make it totally uneven for the kids here.

but yeah, who's with me for some chatfun on other sites.
Badmrbill said on: 2008-04-16 03:09 pm
5846 Days, 21 Hrs, 14 Min, 8 Sec ago
hmm it is a incentive to vote to get the extra turns or what ever the admins want to give.They can now give out nn points as they have it working is up to them what they give as reward. the turns was just an idea to show how it would work. the more votes a game gets on some of these sites the more it stays on top of the find list which in turn draws more people to the site. an as everyone could get the extra turns by voting only ones that would not have same amount of turns be those too lazy to vote or don't care. go look at some of the game listing sites most of games on first page are the top voted games by the players of the game. you see a game with lots of votes and a discribition of it and if it fits the type of game you like you go check it out.
Entity-Neo said on: 2008-04-16 05:06 pm
5846 Days, 19 Hrs, 16 Min, 58 Sec ago
If there were the links to vote, I'd do it for nothing, as would anyone that actualy wanted the site to grow.
Badmrbill said on: 2008-04-17 05:56 am
5846 Days, 6 Hrs, 26 Min, 34 Sec ago
you might neo but from experience most do not vote on every link unless they get something for it. and the way most of this sites work 1 missed vote could mean the difference between first page and last page. and it is those that need incentive to vote that make up the difference.
Red (Tester) said on: 2008-04-17 08:01 am
5846 Days, 4 Hrs, 21 Min, 22 Sec ago
Another suggestion that may have been stated earlier than I haven't read:

Add a "poll" option to threads.
_ElessaR_ said on: 2008-04-17 09:26 am
5846 Days, 2 Hrs, 56 Min, 19 Sec ago
Yeap, and we can prove once and for all that red is teh hawtest of them all.
Nataku said on: 2008-04-18 12:25 am
5845 Days, 11 Hrs, 57 Min, 26 Sec ago
pfffft,i'm so hawter them red
PinWizard said on: 2008-04-18 07:42 pm
5844 Days, 16 Hrs, 40 Min, 36 Sec ago
to keep it on topic nations needs a thing right under ur name that says ur rank =]

good idea?
Sal said on: 2008-04-21 05:48 pm
5841 Days, 18 Hrs, 35 Min, 16 Sec ago
add a "quote" option to posts too.
InuYasha said on: 2008-04-21 07:16 pm
5841 Days, 17 Hrs, 6 Min, 31 Sec ago
Make it possible for your Nation to actually be destroyed.
SilverSurfer said on: 2008-04-22 01:35 am
5841 Days, 10 Hrs, 47 Min, 37 Sec ago
Integrate a part of TL or WaR2 into Nations, for your leader of your nation, and have the ability for him to die, or get captured.

[Added at 04/23/2008 16:12:19 by SilverSurfer]
Also, more stats on Nations would be good... especially clan ones... a built in alternative rankings would be nice... I think the clan stats is long past due.
InuYasha said on: 2008-04-23 08:30 pm
5839 Days, 15 Hrs, 52 Min, 59 Sec ago
Bring back Lemonade Stand!!!

I am adamant about that game's revival.
DannyFo (Mod) said on: 2008-04-23 10:38 pm
5839 Days, 13 Hrs, 44 Min, 35 Sec ago
I concur with InuYasha
Cap4 said on: 2008-04-24 02:21 am
5839 Days, 10 Hrs, 2 Min, 15 Sec ago
Nothing better than being blinded by the high intensity of the colors of LS
SilverSurfer said on: 2008-04-24 02:50 am
5839 Days, 9 Hrs, 32 Min, 49 Sec ago
Meh, LS won't do anything revolutionary for the site, but, I guess I would say "Why not"...
_ElessaR_ said on: 2008-04-24 04:34 am
5839 Days, 7 Hrs, 48 Min, 35 Sec ago
LS is like the worst game I have ever played online...
SilverSurfer said on: 2008-04-24 05:41 am
5839 Days, 6 Hrs, 41 Min, 25 Sec ago
Yeah, well, I know I wouldn't touch it... Then again, I really don't touch any game here other then Nations... Did a few levels on LoGD when Dari redid it... Did more on WaR2... Put in even more time in to TL when it was reset, but eventually just stopped altogether... Just can't get into those games... Click, click, click, click... and on, and on, and on, and on... Never tried Alien Traders... Tried BNT, and they do seem interesting, but somethings just missing... I probably like BS more then all those games combined... LoL Probably because it's a game like Nations where you have to have another HUMAN opponent to play, instead of it all just mattering on who spends the most time getting kills off the program.

[Added at 04/25/2008 16:04:08 by SilverSurfer]
Also, to be able to set your posting font style permanently, would be great.
Jing said on: 2009-07-28 02:59 pm
5378 Days, 21 Hrs, 23 Min, 35 Sec ago
I support free ice cream!