General Forum

Kind of Painful? 7 replies

SilverSurfer said on: 2013-05-18 01:44 pm
3989 Days, 3 Minutes, 37 Seconds ago
First of all, this message wasn't created to offend anyone at all. But does anyone else feel like it's a little painful to see updates to these outdated games and this outdated site? I can kind of see how making these sorts of games are kind of a hobby for those that do it, but it's like re-living what we were trying to do years ago with the difference being that there is no relevance to it anymore. Isn't there anything else more worthwhile? Something more relevant, more exciting, and more rewarding?
TheSource (Admin) said on: 2013-05-18 01:56 pm
3988 Days, 23 Hrs, 51 Min, 6 Sec ago
Updates are being made for a few reasons. One, they were requested. Two, yes, it is a hobby of mine. Three, it's fun, and some people still find it fun, especially with new content. If it is not exciting enough for you, that's fine. New and exciting changes are coming, but this site, like it has always been, is not for everyone. Peoples tastes change and evolve, if you're no longer interested, that is understandable, however, not everyone feels the same.
ShadyKnight (Mod) said on: 2013-05-18 02:44 pm
3988 Days, 23 Hrs, 3 Min, 33 Sec ago
Trevor, come to chat more often. We're in there all the time now
SilverSurfer said on: 2013-05-19 05:21 pm
3987 Days, 20 Hrs, 25 Min, 43 Sec ago
It's not a question of me being interested in it, I don't play any games or take part in any online communities so it would have little effect on me either way. I was just pondering out loud. Once upon a time when the games on this site came out, they held a higher level of interest among gamers who's minds weren't yet quite as saturated by the more advanced games that are around now. Whether we're talking about browser based games like the ones here, or graphic based games on PC or consoles, there are just more worthwhile gaming experiences available. Kudos to those that stick with this site. Not hating, just contemplating.
Peygan999 said on: 2013-05-20 03:38 pm
3986 Days, 22 Hrs, 9 Min, 9 Sec ago
I think it's the old, outdated feel that appeals to those of us who still use this site and play the games. It's like those people who have a N64 sitting next to their Xbox 360, which I DO, lol...

It's a nice break for me sometimes, getting away from the over-complicated gaming of today.

Thanks to the admins for keeping it going this long(especially TheSource, for starting to ressurrect it).

I understand your point SilverSurfer, I just disagree, lol
TBrown (Admin) said on: 2013-05-20 11:52 pm
3986 Days, 13 Hrs, 55 Min, 11 Sec ago
I remember the good ol' days when what we had was the cutting edge of browser based gaming. How time flies. Can't stop the drumbeat of progress I suppose...

Pixie said on: 2013-05-21 02:53 am
3986 Days, 10 Hrs, 54 Min, 28 Sec ago
I like playing War2.. I like it's simplicity. I don't have to think too much except to not fight the rat lord at low levels or when my health gets too low :) I relaxes me more then going and playing a game like Neverwinter. It will be a very sad day when games like this are not worked on or even don't exist anymore.
That's why I play.
Nataku said on: 2013-06-21 04:41 pm
3954 Days, 21 Hrs, 5 Min, 39 Sec ago
miss yah SS . Long live SR