Nations Forum

The secret ways of MODs 10 replies

Faceless_one said on: 2010-07-28 08:35 am
5019 Days, 6 Hrs, 31 Min, 14 Sec ago
I know i'm assuming a lot here but i do believe MODs are divulging info of locked accounts to certain friends they have in certain clans. I so love corrupt cops. Hehehehehe
_ElessaR_ said on: 2010-07-28 12:34 pm
5019 Days, 2 Hrs, 32 Min, 38 Sec ago
What sort of info are you talking about? I don't think info on a locked account would be of any use.
Roughrider said on: 2010-07-29 04:54 am
5018 Days, 10 Hrs, 12 Min, 0 Sec ago
if YOU and all your fellow ONES (and the non-ONE accounts you have) aren't corrupt YOU don't have to worry about anything. do YOU?

i lost the best techie i've ever had (and a nations VIP) because weaponx wouldn't ban soulless_one and kolongi last round. he sent me copies of messages that were forwarded to weaponx with matching login times yet weaponx did nothing. as far as i'm concerned, he is a worthless mod for not taking action.

the administrator should pull the plug on nations because it sucks.
THRUSTER said on: 2010-07-30 04:30 am
5017 Days, 10 Hrs, 36 Min, 27 Sec ago
The current mods are corrupt and do cheat to help there friends.

I saw examples of this when Danny fo forced his way into X a few rounds ago and made himself and his friends SA.

Good luck on finding anybody who cares..*LOL*

_ElessaR_ said on: 2010-07-30 11:43 am
5017 Days, 3 Hrs, 23 Min, 33 Sec ago
Wow...
ShadyKnight (Mod) said on: 2010-07-30 12:50 pm
5017 Days, 2 Hrs, 16 Min, 1 Sec ago
THRUSTER, you are sadly mistaken. HHHMaster came back periodically, and gave Danny the password and a promotion. Danny invited the original members back, and we joined without question.

As for accusations of the Mods using information for their own advantage... Seriously? The Nations Admin Panel tells us nothing of value except for which clan you are in and which alliances you have. Considering that NONE of the Mods play actively, I don't see how it would be worth our time to cheat. On top of that, Nations is a dead game. If somebody needs secret information to win, there is something seriously wrong with them. This is exactly why I retired from active play.

All in all, get your facts straight before you go waving your finger at people, or I will abuse my power. There is a section in the ToU that basically states that as staff, we have the right to terminate services for whichever reason we see fit. Keep poking the bear, and maybe I'll spend a little more time looking into "The ONES" and their alliance systems.

[Added at 07/30/2010 13:54:25 by ShadyKnight]
And Rough, matching log-in times don't always mean anything. Until you've actually been a Moderator at this site, you have no real idea of how tied our hands our. Under most circumstances, we are asked not to act until undeniable proof is acquired. Considering how small the population of NetNexus is, every user counts, and we do our best not to ban anybody for unproven reasons. As a user myself, I understand that it can be frustrating to see nothing done when you are sure that you're right. But the thing is, people are innocent until proven guilty, and the burden of proof lays with the accusers. Until we can prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that people are cheating, nothing can be done. Take, for instance, the case of AOL IP addresses.
NOOKIE said on: 2010-07-30 07:10 pm
5016 Days, 19 Hrs, 56 Min, 47 Sec ago
wow
Stoutn said on: 2010-07-31 10:36 am
5016 Days, 4 Hrs, 30 Min, 5 Sec ago
"Take, for instance, the case of AOL IP addresses."

I learned that me and Shadowlord69 have the same IP apparently :P
Roughrider said on: 2010-08-01 04:30 am
5015 Days, 10 Hrs, 36 Min, 0 Sec ago
shady, matching login times are one of the first signs of multis. if the admins have tied the hands of moderators then why be one? you should all resign if you have no real power and let the proprietors of nations run the show.

nations is not a court of law, they can make and enforce whatever rules they decide so being innocent until proven guilty means absolutely nothing.

if the aol ip address comment is directed at me because that's what i use then fu! nations is dead and the admins need to pull the plug.
DivineDragon said on: 2010-08-02 08:05 am
5014 Days, 7 Hrs, 1 Min, 39 Sec ago
"nations is not a court of law, they can make and enforce whatever rules they decide so being innocent until proven guilty means absolutely nothing."

With that statement, if they have some sense of morals, they can use the innocent until proven guilty ruling if they so desire. Think about it, if NetNexus wasn't hurting for active members, they could utilize section 7 of the ToU (TERMINATION) without prejudice, only to serve themselves.

This is why, in my opinion, the admins and mods only pick people that have some sense of morals.

You may argue that back in the day, when there was a plethora of people in the chat, some people got kicked out just for antagonizing or making fun of a moderator/admin. That is a completely different situation as it could be easily disputed and removed. With banning someone's IP and account from the site(which also can me removed), it defiantly makes it harder for them to prove their innocence.

This is why the ban function of the admins/mods job is something that NEEDS to only be used when there is absolute proof of a person violating the ToU.
ShadyKnight (Mod) said on: 2010-08-02 06:18 pm
5013 Days, 20 Hrs, 48 Min, 42 Sec ago
Thanks, DD. I'm glad somebody understands. Truth be told, I only just got Nations Admin panel a little while ago, and as such I haven't been able to help with much in-game. Now Tony and I are both official game Mods, and we don't play. If you have problems, submit help tickets.