Terran Legacy Forum

- No Subject - 22 replies

SunnO said on: 2007-05-30 10:08 pm
6168 Days, 18 Hrs, 12 Min, 34 Sec ago
So is it legal or not? Are certain "versions" (such as the original double frame) legal while others (like my 50 frame one that seems to be the most efficient) are illegal?

[Added at 05/31/2007 00:09:20 by SunnO]
The topic is actually "F5".

I guess you can't put quotes in topics.
TinaMiaz said on: 2007-05-31 06:06 am
6168 Days, 10 Hrs, 14 Min, 52 Sec ago
I know, it's strange how all these people are just shooting up in kills and ranks. Can't keep away the cheaters forever...

^^ NOT ACCUSING ANYONE, just stating...
Flindy said on: 2007-05-31 09:07 am
6168 Days, 7 Hrs, 14 Min, 3 Sec ago
Users I have caught so far have been warned. Now that this topic has been brought up. If I do catch anyone using an alt method of training. You will receive a NN warning as well as a banning of all TL accounts.

So if you are going to train the best method to use is:

Click Wastelands.
Click Search.
Click Until Death (or attack as well).
Click Search or something else.

Flindy
PsychoSpy said on: 2007-05-31 08:34 pm
6167 Days, 19 Hrs, 47 Min, 14 Sec ago
So F5 is still alive... eh..
Happyguy said on: 2007-06-01 05:28 pm
6166 Days, 22 Hrs, 53 Min, 10 Sec ago
A warning? What about a ban on that account?
ShadyKnight (Mod) said on: 2007-06-01 09:59 pm
6166 Days, 18 Hrs, 21 Min, 28 Sec ago
Well, I personally believe that ANYONE caught using F5 should have their account banned from the Top Marines, but not from the game. That'll teach them to use a cheap method at a game that REALLY doesn't need it...

[Added at 06/02/2007 00:01:07 by ShadyKnight]
As well as a warning, obviously. Staff meeting!
SunnO said on: 2007-06-01 10:19 pm
6166 Days, 18 Hrs, 2 Min, 12 Sec ago
How is F5 really cheating, though? Would you call driving rather than walking cheating because it achieves the same goal (point A to point B) quicker and with less work? F5 is simply a more efficient method of killing that doesn't cause carpal tunnel syndrome. How can you even catch it?
ShadyKnight (Mod) said on: 2007-06-01 10:54 pm
6166 Days, 17 Hrs, 26 Min, 39 Sec ago
You can catch F5 users a few ways. For one, they will be recieving plenty of Armor Lockers. Plus, suspicious amounts of kills ftw?! Anyways, your logic is flawed. The point of life may be to do things faster and more efficiently, but the point of a game is to win without an unfair advantage over others. If the game CAME with F5, instead of it being a user-made application, then it would be fair. It wouldn't be FUN, but it would be fair. Until that time, (which is never coming) playing by hand is the preferred modus operandi. I am proposing a Ban On Sight for botters/refreshers from the Top Marines.

Games are more fun when you know that you've accomplished something with your own hard work, instead of somebody else's tool.

[Added at 06/02/2007 02:14:56 by ShadyKnight]
Oh, and BTW, get a better homepage!
MethodMan said on: 2007-06-01 11:11 pm
6166 Days, 17 Hrs, 10 Min, 19 Sec ago
TL isn't a fun game though, it's clicking three buttons over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.
Battlecruiser said on: 2007-06-01 11:57 pm
6166 Days, 16 Hrs, 24 Min, 9 Sec ago
Then go away and stop trying to take 2nd place in the tourney :P
LagunaCid said on: 2007-06-02 12:39 am
6166 Days, 15 Hrs, 42 Min, 6 Sec ago
Meth speaks ze truth
I BS you not my index finger hurt for 5 days after the first days of TL
TinaMiaz said on: 2007-06-02 03:15 am
6166 Days, 13 Hrs, 6 Min, 13 Sec ago
He already has second in tourny. I've slacked and probably won't even get near you guys. Too many other things to worry about.
Battlecruiser said on: 2007-06-02 03:20 am
6166 Days, 13 Hrs, 1 Min, 17 Sec ago
You're not the only one out there to compete with Method, Tina.
TinaMiaz said on: 2007-06-02 03:23 am
6166 Days, 12 Hrs, 58 Min, 3 Sec ago
Doesn't matter, the tourny is partially over for me. I barely can get on tl, but I try.
ShadyKnight (Mod) said on: 2007-06-02 09:10 am
6166 Days, 7 Hrs, 11 Min, 18 Sec ago
Pwned by BC! I'm sure there's more than 3 people participating. Nookie should be a problem for you guys...
Nookie_06 said on: 2007-06-02 09:12 am
6166 Days, 7 Hrs, 8 Min, 29 Sec ago
i wont be a problem to them.
because bc is saving his kills.=)
also warlock.

[Added at 06/02/2007 11:14:12 by Nookie_06]
bc got 100+ kills in the tourny
ShadyKnight (Mod) said on: 2007-06-02 09:15 am
6166 Days, 7 Hrs, 6 Min, 3 Sec ago
Well I know BC is a shoe-in for 1st, but I bet snd will be closer.
Krow said on: 2007-06-02 09:50 am
6166 Days, 6 Hrs, 30 Min, 44 Sec ago
what's f5?
Nookie_06 said on: 2007-06-02 10:23 am
6166 Days, 5 Hrs, 57 Min, 28 Sec ago
f5 was used for cheating i think.
Krow said on: 2007-06-02 10:28 am
6166 Days, 5 Hrs, 53 Min, 18 Sec ago
oh hi nookie... i just posted in nation.. hope there's a kind soul out there for me... lol... thanks for the tip though...
At 1st glance i thought they referring to a plane. lol...
Pardon me~
TinaMiaz said on: 2007-06-02 04:06 pm
6166 Days, 14 Minutes, 40 Seconds ago
Pwned is such a boring word. Cooper, I'm sure you could find and use a better word.
SunnO said on: 2007-06-02 08:59 pm
6165 Days, 19 Hrs, 21 Min, 40 Sec ago
Life did not come with anything real either, unless you want to believe everything is happening only in your head, in which case nothing actually exists anyway. Basically, TL did not come with F5, but life didn't come with that car either. It was invented to make life easier. Also, don't use my analogy because it's obviously sh*****.:D

TL is a ridiculously repetitive game. People who don't want to cause severe wrist strain can't tolerate clicking and clicking and clicking over and over and over and over and over for 50 f#$&@&# hours to get to Deity. I did that already, to Emperor (prior to the reset) and it was horrible. The point of this game is supposed to be fun, but fun requires that people can compete on an even ground. I want to be able to compete and still be able to use a pen because RL > TL most of the time.:P