Terran Legacy Forum

Maybe.. 5 replies

CLoudStRlfe said on: 2009-07-28 02:47 am
5385 Days, 6 Hrs, 55 Min, 5 Sec ago
If TL gets onto facebook, it might be revived.

Maybe?
Jing said on: 2009-07-28 06:27 am
5385 Days, 3 Hrs, 15 Min, 36 Sec ago
Shall we think about a myspace page too?
Korgrath (Mod) said on: 2009-07-28 09:36 am
5385 Days, 6 Minutes, 38 Seconds ago
I agree, get it on facebook! Any of these games would work well on facebook I think.
ShadyKnight (Mod) said on: 2009-07-28 05:01 pm
5384 Days, 16 Hrs, 40 Min, 55 Sec ago
I think this game could actually kick some butt if it were to go to Facebook, and this is something I mentioned to Tom back when I was Mod the first time. He has said that it was an idea.
Jing said on: 2009-08-13 07:04 am
5369 Days, 2 Hrs, 37 Min, 48 Sec ago
This game would actually kick ass if it got a...

"Go to wasteland ... Attack 50 creatures/Fight till death" function like... Er...
What was that game called again...

Well, like the BNT trading system where you can trade 50 times in one click instead of 50 clicks for one monster...
At least 2 clicks per monster.

This is a text base game. What fun is there in clicking 1412433535323562662 times just to get a level up.
Especially if there is no graphics. People can stomach that if it's like WoW. It's call tanking there and there are many benefits for your hard work.
In TL, it just seem redundant. Is the reward behind every level worth each hour of effort you threw into your character?
I say no.

However, if this game had any competition value, like the old day when there were like 100 players and 20 different clan, it would be playable, but in reality, it has died long ago.

Now, you guys are trying to built up a modest community, but I doubt anyone would stay for a day, let alone a whole week to 'check it out'.

Gaining a good and steady community is hard goal for any game, let alone any text based ones, especially ones with a system is as outdated as this. And where any paid benefits is 7 dollars a month and it is hardly worth it.

I've always thought the price for VIP is too steep for this site, but meh, it has become a part of my routine now.

A text based game should be fast, simple, quick, and flexible. Frankly, I think the designs for Nations saved the game.

"This game is perfect for people who only have a few spare minutes to play each day."

Honestly, this is not a great site, I do not expect great and revolutionary games, or it to grow into something impossible, but I love the community.
That is what keeps me here.
After I do my turns, I go to the forums, talk a little in the chat, and go on with my life.
I'm sure we all have better things going on than click click click.

I will not and do not ever see myself spending hours a day, frying my braincells to build a character that I would most likely forget in a couple months for a TEXT BASED GAME.
I tried that with WaR2 and so help me god, no reward is worth the effort. My opinion holds true for TL as well.

On the other hand, I even think MMORPG is boring so my opinion could be for myself only.

My two cent.

I totally did not expect this to turn into a rant when I decided to reply lol.

[Added at 08/13/2009 08:07:55 by Jing]
system that is as outdated*
Nagnaruto said on: 2009-08-14 10:07 am
5367 Days, 23 Hrs, 35 Min, 11 Sec ago
i stayed for more than a week and i got friends playing this game. Soon this game will be like the good old times. All Hail BRITANNIA!