General Forum

Political Question - US President 2008 28 replies

Pulk said on: 2007-02-11 06:01 pm
6255 Days, 11 Hrs, 41 Min, 54 Sec ago
Normally when I come to this site I look for any inciteful political/religious discussions. Now I think I have one to start.

Who do you favor for the 2008 American presidential election and why? (This question is for everyone, people living outside the US as well)

Personally I think Gulianni will win and support him because he seems to be a moderate republican and though he is on the opposite side of the fence on some issues that I find important, i.e. Abortion, I think that congress & party ties will keep him in check.

Silent_Killer said on: 2007-02-11 06:50 pm
6255 Days, 10 Hrs, 53 Min, 13 Sec ago
Question(cause I don't want to search for it):
Who are the candidates?
Cronus said on: 2007-02-11 11:38 pm
6255 Days, 6 Hrs, 5 Min, 17 Sec ago
Its really late so i'm going to keep this short. Guiliani (SP?) Will win the Republican nomination but I think ultimately the next president will be either Baraka Obama (again SP) or Hillary Clinton. Republicans lost much trust from George Bush and his choices. I see the Republicans losing more power in the House and Senate and Democrats taking power from at least 2008-2012.
TheWhiteDemon said on: 2007-02-12 09:36 pm
6254 Days, 8 Hrs, 7 Min, 3 Sec ago
If Baraka Obama got nominated from the demo side, i am sorry to say that he wouldnt get elected just because of his race. Stupid rednecks...
Pulk said on: 2007-02-13 12:55 am
6254 Days, 4 Hrs, 47 Min, 51 Sec ago
Personally I think Obama is the biggest joke of a candidate there is out there in the race. I mean despite the fact that the only reason he is being noticed for the presidential race is his race and charisma he has no experience what so ever for the job. He hasn't even led a Senate comittee. If he can't get to leadership positions within congress he doesn't deserve to lead the nation.
GuildaMage said on: 2007-02-13 08:07 am
6253 Days, 21 Hrs, 35 Min, 37 Sec ago
I have to agree with cronus on this one.

People dont vote for the most qualified, or even the best choice sometimes...they vote based on who they like..or who they hate.
Superman55555 said on: 2007-02-22 06:44 pm
6244 Days, 10 Hrs, 59 Min, 9 Sec ago
blah
Fbg said on: 2007-02-22 09:00 pm
6244 Days, 8 Hrs, 43 Min, 20 Sec ago
I WANT OBAMA!
Arch-Devil said on: 2007-02-22 11:18 pm
6244 Days, 6 Hrs, 24 Min, 50 Sec ago
Hey klup :) seeing as i get most of my american news from the Daily Show and The Colbert Report i think i have much validity here, but Mrs. Clinton would only be elected because her sex and Obama wouldn't because of his race but he's going to get votes probably just because he's unlike the other candidates, seeing as they're all boring and he's well.. not so much.
It dosn't really matter so much who is elected because i don't think any could make as big a mess a George "dubya" Bush did. :D
Dilinger said on: 2007-02-23 03:07 am
6244 Days, 2 Hrs, 35 Min, 50 Sec ago
I just have to respoind to Pulk on this one.
He said

"He hasn't even led a Senate comittee. If he can't get to leadership positions within congress he doesn't deserve to lead the nation."

Yet how can he, due to his age? The way committee leaders are chosen is by seniority within that committee, which means 10 or more years in a committe AT THE LEAST.

While he may be relatively inexperienced in Congress, he has served in the Illinois State Congress and really, I think he is what the country needs.

I am just so tired of those old white politicians who know nothing about their constituents. We need change, and the Demecrats seem to have the best candidates for change.
GuildaMage said on: 2007-02-23 07:24 am
6243 Days, 22 Hrs, 18 Min, 29 Sec ago
The only thing thats changed about democrats and republicans in the last 150ish years is that they got cool looking donkey and elephant insignias.
Arch-Devil said on: 2007-02-23 08:03 am
6243 Days, 21 Hrs, 40 Min, 2 Sec ago
There';s different dicks too
Cody said on: 2007-02-23 03:33 pm
6243 Days, 14 Hrs, 10 Min, 2 Sec ago
i would like to see Gulianni win. i will be voting for him. figured id post that but im not into the political debate stuff to be honest. but most of u know i like to stay with religious debates its more my cup of tea.
_SANDMAN_ said on: 2007-02-23 04:50 pm
6243 Days, 12 Hrs, 52 Min, 41 Sec ago
voting republican or democrate is just foolish nonsense......hardly anything seperates these two parties except the main things of :democrates raise taxes an average 7% and republicans usually feel the need for a military conflict.

To argue that much seperates the two parties would be a waistful time for all reading.Have never voted for either party in my life,and proud of the fact that i cast my vote for independents.

Stupid americans allow the government to take federal taxes out every paycheck......federal taxes were made for time of war....under the liberty bill.....absolutely nothing in the constitution to over turn this either.Thats why thousands of americans have taken them to court and never pay federal taxes again.

Now some will argue that we need that tax to survive....this is untrue.If we stopped the billions of dollars of aid to all these 3rd world countries and cut out the foreign college funds for mid-eastern ppl(if your not familiar with this....usa government pays for immagrants to come to usa and flips the college bill)also the arabs come here,open a gas station and dont pay taxes on the buisness for 5 years.....guess what?,the buisness is past on to another family member for 5 years.

All government grants need to be dumped,anyone remember the guy that got millions to study a rock?.

Stop all the air travel for government officials(find your own way).Carter did not allow any of his government to travel on the usa money.Probably the only good thing carter did as president.

even if taxes were cut down to a flat tax,then we could shed all that useless weight in the irs dept.

Who ever becomes president,needs to tell alaska(too bad we are drilling your big ice cube for oil wether you want us to or not).

Mexico is a big worry and wetbacks should be shot crossing the border into the usa,this needs to be addressed harshly and fast.

Country needs to be swept of all the illegal aliens,everything they own in usa is taken away....even bank accounts.If you were not born here or took the proper channels to live here....you must be kicked out,and who cares if they had children here....those kids go too.

Alot of the illegal aliens come here right before child birth so they can stay and claim the child as a usa citizen.....this is garbage and your child is illegal because the mom was illegal in the first place.

We need to cut ties(what little we have)with china....communism has no place in society and should not be tolerated.......and for chinas silly rules on how much we can export to them......its like 17% to the 100% we get from them.China is nothing but baby killers and are the top exporter of babies put in jars(sick).Eating them is also a ongoing problem in parts of china.

iran,iraq,afghanistan,pakistan,saudi arabia,and the dang jews are not our problem,pull all troops out of this region and just let them kill each other.

So vote for another usuless president that allows genocide in africa and does nothing,but fights a fools war for the oil in the mideast.Anyone that thinks its not for oil 100% is borderline retarded.

democrates also strive for one world government and military and hold hands with (UN),which we need to leave....who cares if we are a permanent member.....UN is led by a man that does nothing to help the ppl in africa.

most republicans now want to allow illegal aliens in the usa to work......can you say revolution ppl.

how long would it take until someone shot at clinton if she was elected......probably not long.They tryed to kill reagan and he was a retard(reagonomics....what a joke)or also known as trickle down economics----never worked.

bill clinton did nothing for the usa except close more military bases than any other president in history.

bush senior was a joke in office,but not as bad as his son is now.

All those out there that thought gore would be a good president should shoot themselves now.

Why do americans have to act like such sheep thinking,well i better vote for one of those parties.....because otherwise my vote wont count.Even thou the electoral college does hold some serious weight,americans should vote whats best for america....not just thinking we only have 2 choices.Guarantee ross peroit would of been the best president of our time if ppl would of pulled heads out of each others butts.

Love the usa,but i hate our government with a passion and view most of them to be criminals....guilty of stealing from all its citizens.

Our constitution has been butchered and basically pissed all over by the presidents of the last 50 years.

kennedy got what he deserved,corrupt piece of garbage......more presidents should of drove thru dallas with a convertable...lol.
GuildaMage said on: 2007-02-24 08:48 am
6242 Days, 20 Hrs, 54 Min, 29 Sec ago
Sounds like someone wants to go back to America pre-WWI. ;]
Korgrath (Mod) said on: 2007-02-25 06:07 am
6241 Days, 23 Hrs, 35 Min, 54 Sec ago
Barack Obama would be the next Jimmy Carter... take that how you want to, but you know it's true
Scytherboom said on: 2007-02-26 09:09 am
6240 Days, 20 Hrs, 33 Min, 39 Sec ago
"If Baraka Obama got nominated from the demo side, i am sorry to say that he wouldnt get elected just because of his race. Stupid rednecks..."

If Obama had the name of a mortal combat character, I'd vote for him. :)
Korgrath (Mod) said on: 2007-02-26 11:40 am
6240 Days, 18 Hrs, 2 Min, 49 Sec ago
too bad he doesn't have two rediculously large blades jutting out from his hands
Pulk said on: 2007-02-27 09:15 pm
6239 Days, 8 Hrs, 28 Min, 16 Sec ago
Dillinger that's exactly my point, he's too young for the job, and his youth leads to inexperience. And how are you going to say that he knows his constituents compared to other candidates not knowing theirs. McCain is loved by his people due to his great pork barreling skills.

Btw sorry for such a late response I've been stuck in the Organic Chem books.
GuildaMage said on: 2007-02-28 07:04 am
6238 Days, 22 Hrs, 39 Min, 16 Sec ago
Theres an age limit it being president..No such thing as being too young if you are a viable canidate. I think its 45? Not too sure on the exact age though.
TC6 said on: 2008-12-15 08:56 pm
5582 Days, 8 Hrs, 46 Min, 32 Sec ago
OBAMA'S GOING TO WIN
Aderz said on: 2008-12-15 08:59 pm
5582 Days, 8 Hrs, 43 Min, 28 Sec ago
NO WAI!

srsly?
TC6 said on: 2008-12-15 09:00 pm
5582 Days, 8 Hrs, 43 Min, 9 Sec ago
DOWN FAN BOY DOWN
Aderz said on: 2008-12-15 09:10 pm
5582 Days, 8 Hrs, 32 Min, 36 Sec ago
Can't control myself sir, you and your stallion... just too sexy.
Arch-Devil said on: 2008-12-15 09:19 pm
5582 Days, 8 Hrs, 23 Min, 26 Sec ago
zomg, i posted something here... and i was rightish woo!
Asus said on: 2008-12-16 05:04 am
5582 Days, 38 Minutes, 31 Seconds ago
damn, i voted for bill clinton. too bad ronald reagan won, anyway congrats to you president reagan
Kekido2006 said on: 2008-12-16 06:16 am
5581 Days, 23 Hrs, 26 Min, 59 Sec ago
hahaha to bad obama won =(
Cronus said on: 2008-12-16 07:26 am
5581 Days, 22 Hrs, 17 Min, 9 Sec ago
*wins* =)
Space-Monkey said on: 2008-12-16 12:15 pm
5581 Days, 17 Hrs, 27 Min, 58 Sec ago
CHANGE YOU CAN BELIEVE IN MOFO!