General Forum

Collapse 12 replies

RecklessPerson said on: 2008-05-01 01:27 pm
5839 Days, 1 Hr, 26 Min, 16 Sec ago
Is anyone else a little pissed off about the state of American society? Seriously, turn on the news and all they talk about is who killed who, or who got raped, or what 10 year old is pregnant, again. Sheesh, it's gross. Like the church in Texas (which by the way is one more reason I will never go to Texas), polygamy! Sex with teenagers when the man is 60 years old. Is that not disgusting? Granted this stuff happens all over the world, but why do we love hearing about this crap so much?

And politics is the at the top of the reasons why this country will fail. There isn't an elected official in California that shares my overall views for this country. If I want women to have abortion rights, I have to vote for a democrat. But if I want less regulations for business and more free market I have to vote Republican. I have to chose what matters more to me, money or values. But we are raised that values matter more and yet if I have no money and I can't feed myself, how can I worry about values.

And why the hell do we give a tax break to the oil companies and the farmers who don't need the extra cash, and screw the little guys who could use some help from the government. Why does Exxon get to make $40bln in pure profit and I have to get screwed on my taxes in order to pay the subsidies the government is giving to Exxon! Jesus! And now we are going to get everyone who makes a below a certain amount of money 600 bucks so they can go down to their local wal-mart and buy crap they don't need. And that crap is all made in China, so we won't get much of that money (well Wal-Mart will make some more money) back into our own economy.

And does it cost me $4 per gallon of gas when a couple of years about it was less than $2. I had no idea inflation is this county was 50% per year. Oh wait, it isn't! Inflation is only 5%! What am I missing here? And if the per barrel price is so high, why is the US government increasing its reserves and taking supply out of the market. The less oil we have the hire the prices go. And why are we fighting a war in Iraq, if it won't bring the gas prices down? Why does Bear Stearns get a government bailout, but the families who are losing their homes because of speculators and poor lending practice gets nothing but a kick out the door. The two government agency designed to stop this from happening are failing.

And why does a company like Home Depot pay its CEO hundreds of millions of dollars in severance pay for destroying the company? If everyone else sucked at their job, they'd get nothing, not even help packing up their desks.

Never mind the fact the government is turning a blind eye to failing of this country because they are to busy fighting a war in Iraq and fund raising.

And that is just what I can think of right now. Imagine all of this bubbling under the surface of our once happy country. The baby boomers are leaving this place far worse than what they were given. And still we have a choice to elect McCain, who is as old as my Great Grandfather, or Hilary, who is only concerned with herself, or Obama, who doesn't know anything about the economy. I think it might be time to take the streets and riot. Maybe it's time we cause some chaos and destruction. We need to make the government see things the way the American people want them too. We need spill the blood of patriots and tyrants in order to have our cries heard. Or we will collapse as a nation.
Archer said on: 2008-05-01 01:44 pm
5839 Days, 1 Hr, 9 Min, 9 Sec ago
We love hearing this crap because it somewhat easier to live out the rest of our pointless life.

[Added at 05/01/2008 13:45:17 by Archer]
Hmmm... I sound kinda emo right there.
Joy, bunnies, kitties, babies!

[Added at 05/01/2008 13:46:12 by Archer]
those made it somewhat easier*
Korgrath (Mod) said on: 2008-05-01 01:45 pm
5839 Days, 1 Hr, 7 Min, 46 Sec ago
We're hitting a recession with high inflation, and all three of our candidates want to raise taxes!

Ignore McCain, he's just decided to tell any lie that will get him elected. Seriously the whole, "we don't have to balance our budget" thing is the reason inflation is as bad as it is already. If you don't believe me pick up an economics book.
Al_capone said on: 2008-05-01 03:37 pm
5838 Days, 23 Hrs, 16 Min, 1 Sec ago
MCcain will jump to different sides of the fence and never makes a strong stance that will hurt him political.Look at az....in june or july...all state funds will be gone(yes the state is going broke),and they will be going into the states emergency money....this is not made up.My dad has lived in az for years and hates mccain so much.....but he hates hillary even more.

Democrates embrace the U.N.,which we should leave from now.....clinton wanted a one world military and one world government.Sounds like new world order to me.....and im sure his wife shares the same views.Does anyone remember when clinton tryed to get guns to be illegal?,i hate all 3 of these candidates and what they really stand for.

Now for our oil situation....heres a break down

17.8% from Saudi Arabia
16.5% from Canada
12.8% from Venezuela
12.0% from Mexico
7.5% from Nigeria
small percent from other middle east countries

We need to open up alaska....its a oil gold mine,or atleast push into hydrogen type fuels.Look at what this guy did:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=aGg0ATfoBgo

If this country really worried about innocent ppl being slaughtered we would help these ppl:
nigeria
somalia
kenya
central african republic

Sadly this country is heading farther and farther in the dumps....we have become so reliant on other countries for goods and buisnesses....this country could be crippled so easy.Remember when walmart use to sell goods only from usa...now its mostly made in asian countries for slave labor...places in china only pay 3 bucks a day and force them to live in the factory housing,which is below human standards.

Now alot of car companies assemble here in the u.s.,but overall the jobs are leaving to countries that pay squat.

[Added at 05/01/2008 15:40:22 by Al_capone]
heres alittle article you might find to be interesting.
http://www.frbsf.org/publications/federalreserve/monetary/affect.html

[Added at 05/01/2008 15:46:45 by Al_capone]
MCcain
http://thinkprogress.org/2008/04/04/conyers-slams-mccain-for-1983-vote-against-mlk-day/
http://www.theabsurdreport.com/2008/mccain%E2%80%99s-good-stewards-of-bad-policy/

az problems
http://sonoranalliance.com/?cat=35
Nataku said on: 2008-05-01 07:15 pm
5838 Days, 19 Hrs, 38 Min, 6 Sec ago
Alright recky, i'm in Canada.

But i'm fed up to, just don;t be a manchurian candidate like they want you to be and grab a gun.

becuase that will only help them push gun control laws...

and once that happens, The U.S.A is that more easily taken over by whoever is behind the scenes there.

not the true citizens but the lying scumsocking peices of poo poo .

but as i said im in Canada and Can start some freethinking group of my own, or well i'm attending a festival called spirited Anarchy, here in about a week.

But yeah exhaust all peacefull means of resistance and peacefull demonstration, before any hardline, violent/distruptive action takes place.

don;t get labelled as a terrorist.

Entity-Neo said on: 2008-05-02 03:36 am
5838 Days, 11 Hrs, 17 Min, 17 Sec ago
People actualy care about America?
Crystalann said on: 2008-05-02 06:13 am
5838 Days, 8 Hrs, 40 Min, 15 Sec ago
im canadian dont ask me, and as for gas prices, yea it sucks, but meh.. thats why i work...
Creativename^^ said on: 2008-05-02 09:51 pm
5837 Days, 17 Hrs, 2 Min, 19 Sec ago
Gas prices are hardly high in NA. Sure, it's not subsidized like in Venezuela, but it's way cheaper than in Europe. Fuel economy, on average, is also worse in NA, partly because we hate diesel and partly because we love big heavy cars for 1 person. If the only way to buy a vehicle was to hand over the cash (not literally, but you'd have to prove you had the money to buy it), I guarantee you SUV and truck sales would drop overnight. Of course they're not exactly expensive anymore either, so that might not work as well as it should. Actually, it might, because the average idiot with 3k in debt and <3k in the bank would be forced to face reality. Not that I'd like this to become common practice, but it'd sure help with gas prices and the environment.

Anyway, you wicked witch of the south and you moan about life under a capitalist system, but you still enjoy a higher standard of life than 80% of the planet. You're not living in a slum with 720 other people and 72000 rats. You're living in a heat controlled house or apt. You're not living in a warzone or under a tyrannical government. You're allowed to post this message criticizing how life is here/there (US).
Sure, it could be better. A lot of things could be better regardless of the situation.

</obligatory reality check post>

[Added at 05/02/2008 21:52:38 by Creativename^^]
HOLY SHIT CAN WE STOP CENSORING PROFANITY ALREADY? I seriously doubt a 10 year old (probably the oldest remotely likely to not hear swearing daily) would read this wall of text thread.
Cap4 said on: 2008-05-02 11:54 pm
5837 Days, 14 Hrs, 58 Min, 49 Sec ago
HOLY SH1T CAN WE STOP BEING A SARCASTIC PRICK?
Nataku said on: 2008-05-03 08:23 am
5837 Days, 6 Hrs, 29 Min, 46 Sec ago
nah man, the reason im mad isn't because of life here, but the fact that we live so well while the third world does all the work for our comfort.
IronSinew (Admin) said on: 2008-05-03 12:20 pm
5837 Days, 2 Hrs, 32 Min, 48 Sec ago
Is it so difficult to express yourself intelligently without making expletive remarks that overall degrade your vocabulary? Really, let me use the same words over and over to try to emphasize a point that, in actuality, counters any credibility that I may have scratched in an attempt at sharing a half-digested, excuse for an opinion.

The word expletive is currently used in three senses'syntactic expletives, expletive attributives, and "bad language".

The word ''expletive'' comes from the Latin verb ''explere'', meaning "to fill", via ''expletivus'', "filling out". It was introduced into English in the seventeenth century to refer to various kinds of padding -- the padding out of a book with peripheral material, the addition of syllables to a line of poetry for metrical purposes, and so forth. Such uses of ''expletive'' are now rare. Rather, ''expletive'' is a term in linguistics for a meaningless word filling a syntactic vacancy, while the word is more generally used to refer to "bad language" -- although a distinction is sometimes drawn by linguists between truly meaningless use of "bad language" on the one hand and meaningful use on the other.

Interesting, that definition of expletive doesn't contain any of them, but how is it possible to share any source of coherant information without using "meaningless use of 'bad language' ... " in it?

~IronSinew
RecklessPerson said on: 2008-05-04 08:45 pm
5835 Days, 18 Hrs, 8 Min, 31 Sec ago
Yes gas prices are higher in Europe, because of the taxes levied. Here, we have companies making record profits every quarter while the American people struggle to pay their way to work. And in Europe, you have a decent mass transit system. In America, we have a horrible transit system nearly everywhere.

Yeah, it is a lot worse in other countries, but how does change anything being said here? It doesn't, what does matter is that I would like America to remain one of the best places to live in the world and yet, we are moving down a path that would not secure that future. But hey, what do I know.
Rhunyc said on: 2008-05-04 09:36 pm
5835 Days, 17 Hrs, 17 Min, 36 Sec ago
I seriously want to go riot somewhere now. Spill the blood of the patriots!!!

:D

Nah, not really. But still, the idea would be fun. :P