WaR2: New Horizons Forum

About Fatigue 16 replies

Sal said on: 2008-04-15 02:48 pm
5826 Days, 14 Hrs, 10 Min, 18 Sec ago
Im thinking we're wasting alot of stats on fatigue. I know its to prevent abuse and botting, but wouldnt it be better if we had to type in that code after a certain kill count. Kind of like on TL?

Mages spend points on mana and get less health...which is what a mage should be. But now with this fatigue thing, we get warriors with pathetic health. What is it going to be once we duel mages? They're going to rape us with massive damage on our ugly health :S
Tooks said on: 2008-04-15 06:15 pm
5826 Days, 10 Hrs, 43 Min, 50 Sec ago
I've been thinking this same exact thing, just didnt wanna say anything for the risk of being flamed.

Go Sal!

<3
Red (Tester) said on: 2008-04-16 08:47 am
5825 Days, 20 Hrs, 11 Min, 40 Sec ago
Good idea.

[Added at 04/16/2008 09:10:36 by Red]

But, you must remember the other melee classes like Thieves who have the great dodge rating. Perhaps keep fatigue and no anti-bot for them? But then it would be too out of control.

So, I think that there should be an anti-bot per amount of mobs killed, like Sal suggested, but also balance dodge rating and armor decreases/increases for warrior classes and other melee classes, like thieves, so they are balanced enough, without shifting too many attributes.
TheSource (Admin) said on: 2008-04-16 11:06 am
5825 Days, 17 Hrs, 52 Min, 30 Sec ago
I'll take your suggestion under consideration. But dont expect any major changes, This method is far more balanced than removing fatigue, as fighters will have no need to return to the altar.
DaisukeNiwa said on: 2008-04-16 11:21 am
5825 Days, 17 Hrs, 37 Min, 57 Sec ago
I think the fatigue is a good idea... But, losing a fatigue point for EVERY attack is kind of... What's a good word to use... stupid. I say lose a fatigue point per battle. It'll still stop the farming, but will also make it so warrior have to go back to the alter. Losing a point per battle will let us have our higher health, but still require us to expand stamina.
Tooks said on: 2008-04-16 01:34 pm
5825 Days, 15 Hrs, 24 Min, 29 Sec ago
If this gets changed, I want a point reset. I've already put over 100 points into my fatigue.
Sal said on: 2008-04-16 03:29 pm
5825 Days, 13 Hrs, 30 Min, 0 Sec ago
my fatigue is 75 :S

What DN said makes sense.

Having 1 fatigue lost per battle would be better. You need to consider that warriors need health. I've never seen a gladiator with same health as a mage..thats just odd
Crlaozwyn said on: 2008-04-17 07:19 am
5824 Days, 21 Hrs, 39 Min, 7 Sec ago
My personal opinion is that fatigue should raise based on your level (and possibly class), but still allow you to upgrade it if you like. It make sense that as you gain experience as a fighter, your endurance would rise as well. This balances the issues with fighters still having to return to the alter, and still allows players to customize their characters for strength or stamina.
IronSinew (Admin) said on: 2008-04-17 05:17 pm
5824 Days, 11 Hrs, 42 Min, 4 Sec ago
Or, do away with mana for classes that you can choose up front. Then assign fatigue use to different melee abilities (casters can use different spells, for different damage effects, why can't melee use different melee strikes for varying fatigue costs?)

This way, each classes uses an individual "type" of meter to measure their stamina for constant battle, but differ essentially only in name.

~Tarsonis21
Guardian said on: 2008-04-17 06:21 pm
5824 Days, 10 Hrs, 37 Min, 58 Sec ago
Personally, I think that the current system is much more balanced than with the 1 fatigue per battle, unless you want to also make it ~2 or so mana per battle and they can cast however many powerful spells as they want during that battle.

Thing is, either type of wizard either loses lots of dodge or armor, so one way or the other, they also need probably as much hp as fighters, specially since atm there is nothing like mana shield for mage class characters that absorb a relatively large chunk of the damage one would take from melee classes.

Basically if you look at what type of characters each of you are playing, most of you are or want to play fighters and not mages, so obviously you want it to be easier for you to kill faster than anyone that does chose a mage class. As is, mages already need to spend more mana for their stronger spells and take nearly as many attacks to kill a monster comparing to a fighter, so they lose potentially 60-80% more mana than we would lose fatigue. Hence if they want to last as long as fighters do before returning to an altar, they have to add about 60-80% more mana than fighters need fatigue.

So, at around level 40 approx specs would be
Fighter Type
300 HP, 100 Fatigue
Mage Type
220 HP, 180 Mana

That is already relatively balanced, though with damage and such as it is, both would probably die or be close to dying to a single critical probably from either side, so, I think that the system needs to change quite a bit before PVP could be implemented (Even with 50-75% reduction in damage, it would suck for lucky people to double critical and hit with a normal strike and kill the opponent so easily I would think)

[Added at 04/17/2008 18:24:10 by Guardian]
Oh, and for those that don't know, I ended up choosing to play a thief this round of beta, so no, not completely pro mage class though I would like for there to be more people that want to play them.
Sal said on: 2008-04-17 07:06 pm
5824 Days, 9 Hrs, 52 Min, 43 Sec ago
I really like Crlaozwyn's idea of fatigue per level.

I also like tar's idea of have different types of attacks for fighters that would cost more fatigue points. That way, the base attack could use less or no stamina.
Crlaozwyn said on: 2008-04-18 06:46 am
5823 Days, 22 Hrs, 13 Min, 2 Sec ago
In response to Guardian's post (well thought, by the way) - I think it'd make sense for mages to also gain a slight amount of mp per level. Continually drawing on your "inner strength" would naturally give you larger reserves.

Here's my reasoning for fatigue/mp increasing naturally - although our gear does become more powerful, both the armor AND health of our enemies increase, which means that fights take longer (and therefore we can fight less). They also do more damage, requiring us to have higher health. A slight boost (maybe even random, like 1-3 points per level) would do a lot to offset this, while not unbalancing the game. Random gains would also give it more of a true-rpg feel and help prevent cookie-cutter characters.
Tooks said on: 2008-04-18 07:49 am
5823 Days, 21 Hrs, 9 Min, 16 Sec ago
If you make warriors with different skills that cost fatigue, you've basically got yourself a mage with a sword.
Red (Tester) said on: 2008-04-18 09:01 am
5823 Days, 19 Hrs, 57 Min, 30 Sec ago
I like Blake's idea.
IronSinew (Admin) said on: 2008-04-18 02:24 pm
5823 Days, 14 Hrs, 34 Min, 45 Sec ago
No, a warrior with different skills is called a warrior, or a thief. Depending on how much armor and dodge it has (usually if it's skinny, too).

~Tarsonis21
Tooks said on: 2008-04-19 06:53 am
5822 Days, 22 Hrs, 5 Min, 47 Sec ago
Meh...
TheQuickness said on: 2008-04-21 06:17 am
5820 Days, 22 Hrs, 41 Min, 16 Sec ago
I think its actually perfectly balanced this way.

At high levels warriors will have more health than mages because you wont have to spend as much on fatigue as we will in mana. Your attacks cost 1 fatigue regardless of how powerful your weapon, ours start costing more mana when we get more powerful spells.

so if our spell costs 2 mana and is as powerful as your weapon, we need twice as much mana as you need fatigue. Thus freeing up your points to give you twice as much health.

I understand you wanting to be out and about forever though. If I didnt have to go to the altar for mana, and could just whine until I could have unlimited mana to tap into whenever I would too. /end sarcasm