General Forum

US Finally seing sense on a political level? 41 replies

Bienno24 said on: 2006-11-09 03:49 am
6377 Days, 13 Hrs, 1 Min, 46 Sec ago
Ilive in britain myself but was happy to see the democrats doing well in recent elections, just want to know what the general thought are over in America?
Beat said on: 2006-11-09 06:03 am
6377 Days, 10 Hrs, 48 Min, 10 Sec ago
Bienno, there's a general forum for this kinda thread.

And did you just said you live in Britain? Wow...
Bienno24 said on: 2006-11-09 07:45 am
6377 Days, 9 Hrs, 6 Min, 13 Sec ago
with all the respect beat, ppl complain when other have reported bugs, people seem to complain with role play, and now people complain about general chat, what on earth is this forum for then?
Gemz said on: 2006-11-09 07:48 am
6377 Days, 9 Hrs, 2 Min, 59 Sec ago
Because someone had a great idea to create a "general fourm"

Thats why, threads that have been made 2 months ago are just now seeing the bottom of the list on nations.
Scytherboom said on: 2006-11-09 08:40 am
6377 Days, 8 Hrs, 11 Min, 7 Sec ago
I'm very happy with the midterm election results. =D

Especially the fact that the smoking ban passed here in Ohio. No more smoking indoors or public places; that includes bars, bowling alleys, ect.
Bienno24 said on: 2006-11-09 08:52 am
6377 Days, 7 Hrs, 59 Min, 22 Sec ago
First of allow me to dismiss the pointless comment gemz has just made, he has just showcased further ignorance by completly not reading my comment.

As for Scyther thank you for your intelligent response, it would seem other are not so capable.

I myself am very pleased the Democrats won. However I am completely against the smoking ban, am not sure how much tax is slapped on American Smokes but in GB It work around 75%. In my opinion if i am taxed thatb much to do something i enjoy i should be able to do it where i please.
Thats not in disrespect to non - smokers, it must be horrible smelling it when you don want to!
But smoking rooms is the logical answer.

Sal said on: 2006-11-09 09:10 am
6377 Days, 7 Hrs, 41 Min, 34 Sec ago
*Thread moved*
Gemz said on: 2006-11-09 09:53 am
6377 Days, 6 Hrs, 57 Min, 52 Sec ago
That comment was not directed at you. It was directed by the person that made the general fourm.
DannyFo (Mod) said on: 2006-11-09 12:37 pm
6377 Days, 4 Hrs, 14 Min, 43 Sec ago
"...just want to know what the general thought are over in America?"

Well, just a guess but the general thought over here in America might be that we like Democrats? I'm not sure though...we voted for them and now they have a lead...but I'm not sure what the people who voted for the Democrats think...

But on a serious note, I'm pretty stoked about Democrats taking it away. My second time voting and it feels better and better every time. Mind you my vote for last president election wasn't the winner but meh =P Its still pretty cool to say you had a say in the matter.

President Hillary Clinton shall do well in 2008 ^_^
Mdevilz said on: 2006-11-09 01:27 pm
6377 Days, 3 Hrs, 24 Min, 39 Sec ago
danny you do know that you actually don't vote for the president right? he does not win on the popular vote, but because of the electoral college.

~mdevilz
Rhunyc said on: 2006-11-09 01:55 pm
6377 Days, 2 Hrs, 55 Min, 48 Sec ago
Right you are Mdevilz.

I really have no preference. I think if I can, I'm going to vote for Howard Dean. (I know he's not an option.)
TheWhiteDemon said on: 2006-11-09 03:15 pm
6377 Days, 1 Hr, 36 Min, 8 Sec ago
im pissed that the gay loving jackasses are now in power. Why would you want Hillary Clinton in office in 2008? Shes allready been president for 8 years. Really I think im the only person in America that likes the war in Iraqi. I think we should of went in, got him out the first time, but the second time is still good. When the Jackasses screw everythig up then people will coming back to the conservatives
Nataku said on: 2006-11-09 03:47 pm
6377 Days, 1 Hr, 4 Min, 27 Sec ago
remember an eagle needs both right and left wing to fly.

[Added at 11/09/2006 16:51:37 by Nataku]
actually the second time they went in iraq bush had a bad team to make preperations and they had no clue what they wer'e expecting post war.

nasiriyah was expected to be freindly and was one of the most feirce battles of the start of the war.

iraq didn't need to be invaded, Saddam and regime only needed to be ousted.
Scytherboom said on: 2006-11-09 04:08 pm
6377 Days, 43 Minutes, 13 Seconds ago
See, the Democrats might have majority in the Senate and House, but because Bush is the top of the Executive Branch, he has the power to Veto anything the Senate and House vote on. Of course he can only Veto a max of 3 times, but time passes during it. Perfect opportunity for people to say nothing is getting done if they don't understand.
Blackfire1 said on: 2006-11-09 09:19 pm
6376 Days, 19 Hrs, 31 Min, 50 Sec ago
US needs a big third pary
Stormbringer said on: 2006-11-10 05:39 am
6376 Days, 11 Hrs, 12 Min, 6 Sec ago
Or the only solution in the States may be to dig an immense moat around Washington D.C. then fill it with sh*t and rename it Gilligan's Isle! ;)
Terran000 said on: 2006-11-10 05:47 am
6376 Days, 11 Hrs, 4 Min, 33 Sec ago
Yeah, TheWhiteDemon the war in Iraq is real swell especially since I lost my best friend there.

Ilidan said on: 2006-11-10 08:06 am
6376 Days, 8 Hrs, 45 Min, 17 Sec ago
Terran
Not to belittle your loss, but war is war. If your closest friend had not died, someone else's closest friend would have. I know it sucks, but it's a fact of life (well, politics, anyway).

As for Iraq
There is not reason whatsoever that the Americans can give me that would justify attacking Iraq. As a direct result of ousting Saddam Hussein (who I am not really a fan of), Iraq has completely collapsed, and consequently, all checks against Iran's proliferation have been removed. Ever since the late 70s/early 80s, the two countries have held eachother in check.

Now Iran has the Bomb. And it's directly the fault of the short-sighted, ignorant American leadership.

I love living in Canada. Noone hates us.
Nataku said on: 2006-11-10 11:02 am
6376 Days, 5 Hrs, 49 Min, 20 Sec ago
a big 3rd party eh.

well i'll get on that one.
_SANDMAN_ said on: 2006-11-10 12:06 pm
6376 Days, 4 Hrs, 45 Min, 39 Sec ago
Its called a pocket veto sycther.
As for democrates having control,i feel that they are the worst of two evils.True republicans tend to war far much than democrates,but democrates closes military bases,want a one world goverment and military.Feel we should sell ourselves out by moving all our companies to other countries so slave wage can improve profits.Never have i voted for either parties and find them both to be a discrace to this country and our rights as a american.Banning smoking in public is unconstitutional,and is just another example of americans making bad choices.....and yes smoking is bad,but once you start taking away any type of freedoms.....it turns into a ripple effect.Before you know it,you can do alot of things.Oh and democrates want to take guns away from all americans,they can kiss it and deserve death if they ever get this to go thru.

They already hit us with federal taxes....this was implemented for time of war....its unconstitutional and over 4000 americans took them to court and won....and never pay federal taxes again.If we have to have a federal tax....it should be a flat tax.But if we would stop sending money to aid so many countries,we wouldnt need a federal tax.

Get a real kick out of how camel jockeys come here to america and get college payed for them by government,they open a buisness here and dont have to pay taxes on buisness for 5 years....guess what all they do is pass it on to another sand jockey.

Have been long against ppl coming here and living that were not born here.This country is for true americans,not leaches from others.Feel the militias down by border of mexico that shoot at wetbacks coming over is a good thing and should continue.USA is not here for the world,just for us and we need to start making our own goods so we dont have examples like china....we export 16% of what they send us.....thats b.s.

China.....baby killers....this country has too many sick things going for it.Between them and korea we should do another nagasaki and drop the bomb.
France is the ultimate coward country,never could win a war and like to sell military stuff to terrorist countries.
Germany is nothing but a lowlife country that isnt much better than france....doing many of the same things.
israel is a place that should be taken out by us americans....you are the reason for so many of our problems.Was enjoyable seeing jews get bombed,guess thats what you get for killing jesus....lol.

As far as arab countries,i say usa stays out of it and let the killing continue.....althou sadam getting hanged will be entertaining.

Call me a extremest or a radical independent,but bottom line is....i really dont care about the rest of the planet....only the usa.
Nataku said on: 2006-11-10 12:52 pm
6376 Days, 3 Hrs, 59 Min, 10 Sec ago
tl;dr
FalamaxDelamer said on: 2006-11-10 02:50 pm
6376 Days, 2 Hrs, 1 Min, 34 Sec ago
And Sandman, that's what makes the entire world such a miserable place to live.

People need to stop caring so much about their own selfish desires and start thinking about the bigger picture. Oh yes, and you think only true Americans should be allowed to live there? Then go back to Britain. Unless you're a native American you have no more right than an American born arab to live in the US.
Jing said on: 2006-11-10 03:14 pm
6376 Days, 1 Hr, 37 Min, 25 Sec ago
you britishs sure love your tea
Abolisher said on: 2006-11-10 03:38 pm
6376 Days, 1 Hr, 13 Min, 24 Sec ago
Wow Sandman, can you throw in a few more racial slurs? I caon't believe you just said that.

BTW, "true americans" are the natives. If you are not native then go back to the country you descended from.
Jing said on: 2006-11-10 03:51 pm
6376 Days, 1 Hr, 2 Sec ago
Abolisher said on: 11/10/06 4:38 pm
(10 Minutes, 54 Seconds ago)
Wow Sandman, can you throw in a few more racial slurs? I caon't believe you just said that.

BTW, "true americans" are the natives. If you are not native then go back to the country you descended from.

what is a true americans?
the scienctist said that we're all from africa...
so even the natives are not really americans...

[Added at 11/10/2006 16:52:49 by Jing]
they just happened to cross a icey bridge
_SANDMAN_ said on: 2006-11-10 04:45 pm
6376 Days, 6 Minutes, 39 Seconds ago
Foot in mouth ppl because i am part indian.
TheWhiteDemon said on: 2006-11-11 08:30 am
6375 Days, 8 Hrs, 21 Min, 1 Sec ago
What about your other parts? Maybe we should spilt him up and send him to the different places he came from :o........
_SANDMAN_ said on: 2006-11-11 01:57 pm
6375 Days, 2 Hrs, 54 Min, 33 Sec ago
actually i hate my heritage for other part.....everyone else is german,and many generations before me in family have been here.The first of the family members use to give george washington wedgies.lol
Ilidan said on: 2006-11-11 02:09 pm
6375 Days, 2 Hrs, 42 Min, 8 Sec ago
Sandman, you are ignorant, obnoxious, stupid, and incompetent.

Amazing how well you will fit in here.
FalamaxDelamer said on: 2006-11-11 04:25 pm
6375 Days, 26 Minutes, 19 Seconds ago
Ok, so based on your heritage you may be more worthy to live in the US than most people :P

But even so, the US is built on the concept of freedom for all. The first settlers fled to the US to start a new life free of persecution, so shouldn't that same right be extended to people these days? Shouldn't they have the right to start a new life in America whether they're fleeing a war or just wanting a better quality of life for their kids?

Everyone goes on about how they steal so many jobs, but people forget the flipside of the picture. If you have more people, you need more services to cater for them. Those services require people to work. Increase the population and you increase the required workforce, so in the end they're providing new employment opportunities. Likewise, they're helping to boost the American economy.

It sort of seems paradoxical that you're so against immigration, yet you also want America to be self dependent. If it weren't for immigration, the American economy wouldn't be as strong as it is.
TheWhiteDemon said on: 2006-11-11 05:14 pm
6374 Days, 23 Hrs, 37 Min, 42 Sec ago
just got pwned by teh Fala
Chelly said on: 2006-11-11 07:31 pm
6374 Days, 21 Hrs, 19 Min, 58 Sec ago
In regards to the smoking ban: We have it here too and I love it! Why should us non-smokers be forced to inhale your second hand smoke? If you want to risk your own life with your cancer sticks, that's your choice, but non-smokers shouldn't have to risk getting one of the many second hand smoke diseases just because they want to go to a restaurant. And don't use the "if you don't like it go somewhere else" line. You're the one who chooses to do it, we're just innocent bystanders. Alcohol is taxed too (not as much as cigarettes, but still.. it is) so by your logic, I should be able to drink anywhere I want, right? Wrong!

Just out of curiousity, if you're from Great Britain, why do you care who won the American election?
Jing said on: 2006-11-11 07:41 pm
6374 Days, 21 Hrs, 10 Min, 26 Sec ago
Just out of curiousity, if you're from Great Britain, why do you care who won the American election?

yes, the british love to bet
Communist said on: 2006-11-12 04:00 pm
6374 Days, 51 Minutes, 27 Seconds ago
Good thing those loser Republicans got kicked out
Arch-Devil said on: 2006-11-12 06:35 pm
6373 Days, 22 Hrs, 16 Min, 33 Sec ago
People only pick the party that they dislike the least, that's how democracy works for some reason. So whoever screws up the most, gives the election to the other side...Yay!
Beat said on: 2006-11-12 07:02 pm
6373 Days, 21 Hrs, 49 Min, 39 Sec ago
'nuff said, we need monarchism.

The world is definately going the wrong direction. How can a government be formed based on the decision from the majorities? "What the people wants" might not necessarily be "what is right". People shouldn't be given equal rights because humans aren't equal. There are always the better ones and the not-so-good ones. And of course there's always those geniuses that came outta nowhere to take human to the next level.

I'm sure you've heard of: "human wanted to travel easier, so they invented vehicles and mobiles; human wanted to fly, so they invented planes.". That might be true to certain degree, but it's not entirely correct. Did "humans" invented these machines and gadgets? Yes, but "humans" is too general of a term. It's only a handful of geniuses that invented'em, and the rest of the world just use it and claim "we invented these!".

Ergo, my point is that only the best human should be chosen to lead. I'm not gonna argue on how these "the best humans" are to be chosen, because I've got no idea; I'm just philosophizing. What's important is that the type of government should be monarchism. Power and authority shouldn't be given to anyone, just because they have the support of an ignorant population.

Err, am I off topic..?
_SANDMAN_ said on: 2006-11-13 06:21 am
6373 Days, 10 Hrs, 30 Min, 7 Sec ago
Hmmm,how did i get linked to great britain?,never been there,nor would i ever venture to a toilet bowl like that.

This country is a melting pot,but at some point it has to stop at the rate it is.Benefits of any sort to ppl that migrate here should be cut off....you fail to forget that over half the mexican population in the usa is on food stamps and other government programs.This is just a fact,so i cant even see how that balances out.

Crime has steadly rose within the mexican population over the past 25 years in the states sharing borders with mexico.Everywhere you go in phoenix....some mexican gang is killing someone.

Please tell me one major contribution that the mexican race has made in history that is significant to the world.And watermelons and onions dont count.

Name one mexican figure that has made a worldwide impAct.Bet you cant,sadly mexico has improved itself since the alamo.....that country has gotten worse economicaly,military,health care,one of the most corrupt countries on the planet when it comes to cops.Put half of our senior class in jail and took all the money they had.

Growing up in arizona i have grown to a high hatred for that country and its simple minded leaders that are interested only in self indulgence that it leaves its ppl in poverty.Guessing i would have to say more are in poverty than not.
ChaoticLaw said on: 2006-11-13 08:07 am
6373 Days, 8 Hrs, 44 Min, 26 Sec ago
Wow, let me start off by saying that I think there are a lot of people here that are misinformed on the political process and how the US government and world work.

So we are talking about "natives" and who deserves to be here? I hope you realize that it is believed that Native Americans came here from the Western Hemisphere via the land bridge between Russia and Alaska.

Someone had mentioned wanting a 3rd party. Fortunately for you there seems to be a small shift in each party towards the middle. It's characterized by people such as John McCain (please vote for Dean instead of Clinton).

As for the war. The "war" is over. Right now it's about fighting extremists and local nationales. It's not the US's fault that Iran has "the bomb" so you really need to take a look at who you're blaming and why.
Ilidan said on: 2006-11-13 09:30 am
6373 Days, 7 Hrs, 20 Min, 55 Sec ago
I didn't say that it's the American's FAULT, so much as it's the direct result of American actions.
SeniorUnloco said on: 2006-11-13 03:06 pm
6373 Days, 1 Hr, 44 Min, 55 Sec ago
BOOBIES!!
ChaoticLaw said on: 2006-11-13 03:14 pm
6373 Days, 1 Hr, 37 Min, 40 Sec ago
Ili, that is saying it's America's fault. Besides, they have been working on enriching uranium for over a decade now.
Ilidan said on: 2006-11-13 03:27 pm
6373 Days, 1 Hr, 24 Min, 38 Sec ago
It is IN PART the fault of American action, yes. But not solely.

Also, they did not start their Uranium Enrichment program until the first gulf war, and then afterward it was officially put on hold after the US withdrew then,