5509 Days, 21 Hrs, 58 Min, 24 Sec ago
I could have told you that.. Horrible.
IronSinew (Admin) said on: 2009-02-26 12:27 am
5509 Days, 21 Hrs, 47 Min, 51 Sec ago
HOLY LINCOLN LOG, BATMAN!

~Iron
ShadyKnight (Mod) said on: 2009-02-26 12:55 am
5509 Days, 21 Hrs, 19 Min, 46 Sec ago
Vista sucks so epically it makes Batman and Robin look incredible in comparison.
Pulk said on: 2009-02-26 10:24 am
5509 Days, 11 Hrs, 50 Min, 44 Sec ago
Have any of you tried the Windows 7 Beta? If so, how is it?
BmXbrigade said on: 2009-02-26 11:00 am
5509 Days, 11 Hrs, 15 Min, 17 Sec ago
i heard 7 was awesome, my buddy is using it.
Desideo said on: 2009-02-26 02:44 pm
5509 Days, 7 Hrs, 31 Min, 17 Sec ago
Shoes go on your feet.
XXterminatorX said on: 2009-02-26 04:44 pm
5509 Days, 5 Hrs, 31 Min, 3 Sec ago
waits for that ADVERTISING illicit........

you kinda "disappeared"...just checking
ILLiCiT said on: 2009-02-26 08:11 pm
5509 Days, 2 Hrs, 4 Min, 20 Sec ago
I mean I knew Vista sucked. It's on my laptop and I've used it on other computers, but I just thought they were slow. (This is the first time I've used Vista in depth and tried to make it do everything I want it to.) I'm sitting at 51% RAM usage right now... XP I'd be at 23-25% with more stuff in the system tray. Windows Update took 6 hours. Sometimes windows take a really long time to come into focus, like if you had a Pentium 3 with XP. I'm serious when I say I never had any lag with XP. Vista isn't that different. The shiny stuff is GPU-driven, and that's the only really obviously bloated part of the interface. My CPU usage randomly spikes to 30-70%. That NEVER happened in XP.

Task manager...51 processes. Looks more like 20. Everything adds up to less than 80MB, but I apparently have 21 MB free RAM. My keyboard's LCD display says I have 49% free. Resource Monitor tells the real story... Services host, 130 MB; Explorer, 80 MB; windowing manager 60 MB... So basically task manager lies right to your face. I must say I love Resource Monitor because I can see what's using my network, what's writing to disk, etc. Really nice.

I also think my Internet is a bit faster under Vista. I hit 3 MB down for the first time ever. I used to top out at 2.5 MB down with Powerboost (about 1.8 MB sustained without Powerboost; Vista can't change that). Great for artificially inflated speedtest results! Rapidshare downloads are also a lot faster. Startup is WAAAY faster. With XP I'd wait for over a minute after seeing the blue welcome screen before I could load anything. Now when I type in my password (gotta nix that), it's about 20 seconds before I have full control over the system. NOD32 in particular loads much faster. I barely even see the splash screen; maybe it's because I got the 64 bit Business Edition NOD32 haha. All in all it probably takes about a minute to boot now, compared to 3+, so unless something really bad crops up, I'm sticking with Vista. Yeah it's a massive resource hog but idc. I can fix that with more RAM and some watercooling -> 3.6 ghz.

Worst thing is how noobed a lot of stuff is. Overall it's better than I thought it would be, but some stuff really pissed me off. User access control or whatever. I was literally yelling at my computer 5 minutes after Vista first booted. I turned it off, but the fact anyone thought it was a good idea to have it so restrictive is incredible. It's not like with su/sudo either where you need a password or at least have to type in the command; here all you need to do is click ok...what's the point? I really hate the networking too. Vista with wireless...good (very intuitive, pretty powerful too). Vista with advanced wired...bad. I don't see the need for the stupid network sharing center. It's totally useless for any type of network. The old Network Connections screen in XP was awesome. Your connections were icons and all you had to do was right click to connect. I mean it's all there, and it's all 1 click away, but I think it's a step backwards.

Random stuff I noticed:
- The favorites panel in the Open window. Drag and drop and you have a shortcut! Epic win.
- Easy to change location of pictures/music/documents etc. I put them all on my D drive and links system-wide are updated. No hacking stuff together like with XP.
- Drive lettering got messed up. My D drive became E and my E drive became D. Easy enough to change the letters (but I had to Google to figure out where to do that), but why did it happen? When I originally installed D and E under XP, I made the first one in the disk manager D and the second one E. How come Vista thought they should be the other way around? BTW drive letters are determined by the OS, hence the difference between XP and Vista.
- Bloody long install for Vista. I thought it had frozen.
- When I changed my drive letters, Vista tried to autoplay them. rooofl
- Internet Explorer 64 bit! Also Solitaire is in the 64 bit Program Files directory. 64 bit Solitaire!
- Outlook 2007 is an abomination. I was yelling at it. No joke. It completely froze up when I tried to sync with my IMAP mailbox. Every time I clicked a new message my CPU usage spiked to 90+%. When I crashed on me I said f*** it and DLed Thunderbird. No problems there, except for some reason I had to use a non-standard SMTP port. idk why, it worked fine with Outlook 2003 under XP. Outlook 2003 was great, but I guess Office 2007 is just trash in general.
- The shutdown button...is sleep. Hello, this isn't a laptop. I'd use standby/sleep for this PC except for one problem...I have 4 fans not including the PSU, CPU, and GPU. They're all connected directly to the PSU so they don't stuff off with standby; I can't fall asleep with any noise, and fans are quite an irritating noise. I also have no idea how to wake the PC after it's gone to sleep, as I discovered when I tried to shut down (read: I hit the shutdown button in the menu, without realizing it was sleep) the other day. I tried EVERYTHING and ended up doing a hard shutdown. It's easy enough to change what the button in the start menu does, but a PC installation should default to shutdown.
- It's nice installing a modern OS. I didn't have to download drivers for my chipset, because it worked ootb! I could go online right away.:D My first computer after XP was released had an nForce 2-based motherboard, so pretty much from the day I got a real computer to now, I've been installing chipset drivers before I could get online. Not anymore! Woot.

Desideo said on: 2009-02-27 12:02 am
5508 Days, 22 Hrs, 12 Min, 38 Sec ago
Here's some things I noticed about Vista:

Very nice package.
XXterminatorX said on: 2009-02-27 08:05 am
5508 Days, 14 Hrs, 10 Min, 17 Sec ago
you do realize you need a service pack installed and aol7.0 in order for vista to work very good....RIGHT?
ShadyKnight (Mod) said on: 2009-02-27 02:48 pm
5508 Days, 7 Hrs, 26 Min, 44 Sec ago
I find that once you set the security settings the way you like them, Vista is actually loads better. Also, try closing the stupid Sidebars to regain some speed. All in all, Vista is like any new Windows product: better in a lot of ways, but worse in minor ways that make people hesitant to change.

Vista is a RAM hog, but with good upgrades and proper settings, it's a pretty powerful OS.
ILLiCiT said on: 2009-02-27 07:00 pm
5508 Days, 3 Hrs, 14 Min, 58 Sec ago
"XXterminatorX said on: 02/27/09 8:05 am
(10 Hrs, 54 Min, 31 Sec ago)
you do realize you need a service pack installed and aol7.0 in order for vista to work very good....RIGHT?"

Yeah we all use AOL.
XXterminatorX said on: 2009-03-02 04:41 am
5505 Days, 17 Hrs, 33 Min, 53 Sec ago
Illicit I think its time to ROCK your World....sice you are displaying Intent....MUHAHAHAHA

I have been patient long enough!

[Added at 03/02/2009 04:47:20 by XXterminatorX]

[Added at 03/02/2009 04:59:18 by XXterminatorX]

these should be SUFFICIENT to the Wise!

the Guilty will be Punished.
Cronus said on: 2009-03-02 09:33 am
5505 Days, 12 Hrs, 42 Min, 19 Sec ago
And what are those supposed to be...If you think they are something special...you're retarded. Those are both private IP addresses and are completely useless..
XXterminatorX said on: 2009-03-02 02:45 pm
5505 Days, 7 Hrs, 30 Min, 15 Sec ago
well...NOT quite!...only those INVOLVED would KNOW what they mean.....EVIDENTLY U DO NOT.....MUHAHAHAHA

hint: "never go into a LIONs den without PERMISSION!".....MUHAHAHAHA
Tymoney321 said on: 2009-03-02 03:03 pm
5505 Days, 7 Hrs, 11 Min, 32 Sec ago
lmfao
Aderz said on: 2009-03-02 06:09 pm
5505 Days, 4 Hrs, 5 Min, 45 Sec ago
Lol, I doubt anyone is going to be able to hack Don-Don.
ILLiCiT said on: 2009-03-02 06:14 pm
5505 Days, 4 Hrs, 49 Sec ago

OMFG YOU FOUND MY IP

Let's go over some things...

1) You never talked to a lawyer. You probably can't even afford one, seeing as you live in a trailer park in the poorest state north of Mississippi.

2) No lawyer would actually take your "case." "Slander" is not a word in the Internet's vocabulary. Furthermore, my "slanderous" posts were unlikely to have been viewed by anyone other than the administrator who deleted them less than 24 hours after I posted them. Yeah there's maybe a lawyer greedy/desperate enough to take your case, but I doubt he or she is within 2000 miles of you. I mean, you'd have to be monumentally stupid to consider "slanderous" posts on a low traffic site as having a remotely significant financial impact on a business that probably doesn't even sell 10 units a year. So stupid, in fact, their name would have to be Warbeast.

3) Your first set of IPs you gave me in chat belonged to Google and Yahoo. For the life of me I do not know how those could be extracted from my posts, but whatever. The second set, in your above post, are private IPs, assigned to devices on a LAN. No device on my LAN has a remotely similar IP (I use the 192.168.0.x scheme, as I have a Dlink as my main router), but that's a moot point as nothing outside of the LAN will actually see internal LAN IPs since they're useless. If you still think you actually found something, consider that there are probably a million devices with those IPs. Supposedly I should know what those mean? Well, as I just said, I obviously do not. Again I have no idea where you got those IPs. Maybe the library computer you're using has one of those IPs assigned to it...

4) Do you have any idea how much paperwork it would take to sue someone not only across state borders, but across national borders? (Yeah that's right, I don't live in Arizona and California simultaneously.) You launched into your "I have talked to a lawyer and he's going to call you on Tuesday" charade without doing any research whatsoever. Stop, please, you're embarrassing yourself. ... Actually I don't mean that. This is extremely amusing to me. Maybe you're produce 127.0.0.1 next?

[Added at 03/02/2009 18:17:23 by ILLiCiT]
Oh, here's something for you to ponder:
I am not the sole perpetrator of this horrible crime. There's another poster, but you don't even have an IP within 1000 miles of me, so I can hardly expect you to find two people, can I?

[Added at 03/02/2009 18:23:14 by ILLiCiT]
Excerpts from the partial chatlog I saved.

1. main] XXterminatorX: heres the IPs as I found them
[1. main] TC5: yeah
[1. main] XXterminatorX: 209.131.36.138
[1. main] ShadyKnight: Marc Scott Emery is the "Prince of Pot"
[1. main] ILLiCiT: OMG
[1. main] ILLiCiT: im on that right now
[1. main] TC5: THATS YOUR IP!
[1. main] XXterminatorX: 64.202.189.170
[1. main] ILLiCiT: omg

[1. main] XXterminatorX: am I fooling now?
[1. main] XXterminatorX: MUHAHAHAHA
[1. main] ILLiCiT: no
[1. main] ILLiCiT: dude
[1. main] ILLiCiT: im sorry
[1. main] ILLiCiT: can we
[1. main] ILLiCiT: work this out
[1. main] ILLiCiT: idk
[1. main] ILLiCiT: what are you lawyers' names
[1. main] ILLiCiT: can i call them?
[1. main] ILLiCiT: ill do a deal
ShadyKnight to ILLiCiT: you're fukkin with him right?

[1. main] XXterminatorX: shady I am no fool...even though you may think so

[1. main] XXterminatorX: I just want you all to know I am no Idiot

[Added at 03/02/2009 18:24:21 by ILLiCiT]
Lol I just realized he capitalized the I in idiot.
ILLiCiT said on: 2009-03-02 06:40 pm
5505 Days, 3 Hrs, 34 Min, 39 Sec ago
Yeah so anyway, I'm still on Vista. I've had to remove my Creative Labs soundcard because apparently it will not work with Vista without crashing. The only set of drivers worth using cause it to crash. I don't really care since I use $20 headphones, but I'd rather not be using onboard. I've also had to order more RAM because 2 GB just doesn't cut it for Vista. I got a new CPU heatsink too so I can overclock (hoping for at least 3.4, but I don't think my CPU is a good overclocker) in order to cut through some of the Vista-lag. So far Vista has cost me $165 CDN for RAM ($80 but a MIR; Buffalo Firestix 2 x 2GB DDR2-1066), a new HSF ($40; Xigmatek HDT-S1283), thermal paste ($6; MX 2), and a backplate ($10) for the heavy heatsink. At least Vista was free.:/ Normally I wouldn't spend money to use a new piece of software, but I do need the upgrades, and I expect XP will be rapidly fazed out once 7 is live (bad pun sorry).
ShadyKnight (Mod) said on: 2009-03-02 08:37 pm
5505 Days, 1 Hr, 38 Min, 5 Sec ago
LOL! Rob has a gramma in Arizona and California, and he was posting from both of them. That was frikkin hilarious!
Cronus said on: 2009-03-03 01:16 am
5504 Days, 20 Hrs, 59 Min, 11 Sec ago
I'm running a 2.0 ghz core 2 duo with 2gb ram and an 8400gt vid card and have no problems with vista at all...did you do a clean install or upgrade install? SOrry, its way too late to read through all that. And i was laughing too hard at how leet skeet hacker warbeast is
ILLiCiT said on: 2009-03-03 02:40 pm
5504 Days, 7 Hrs, 34 Min, 39 Sec ago
Clean install with Ultimate 64 bit. Maybe 64 bit doesn't work as good as it's supposed to. It's supposed to run 32 bit code just as fast as Vista 32 bit, and run 64 bit at full speed as well. Same for 64 bit CPUs. However the old 64 bit chips like Intel's Itanium (not 2; Itanium 2 was okay) ran 32 bit code really slowly. Old 64 bit operating systems did the same thing. A lot of experts say that Vista 64 on a modern 64 bit consumer CPU runs 32 bit just fine, so idk.

I think it's more likely that I'm used to XP's really fast response times. Every test I've seen shows that Vista is 10-50% slower at practically everything. I've got 4 GB in now and I'm only using 29% RAM, so plenty more to spare. My CPU cooler also arrived with the RAM, but I still have to wait for the bolt thru kit which is out of stock. I don't trust little plastic push pins to hold down a 600g piece of metal, especially when I flex the board just lightly pushing on it.:/

WARBEAST IS SPEECHLESS LAWL
XXterminatorX said on: 2009-03-03 04:55 pm
5504 Days, 5 Hrs, 19 Min, 39 Sec ago
it is easy to catch One who STATES it so clearly!...:O)

the PROOF is being told by YOU...and It is coming...:O)
BadBoyNat said on: 2009-03-07 09:41 am
5500 Days, 12 Hrs, 33 Min, 50 Sec ago
nothing beats vista guys
DrakenRahl said on: 2009-03-07 09:57 am
5500 Days, 12 Hrs, 17 Min, 54 Sec ago
I wish I still had Windows 2000...