Nations Forum

False X much? 104 replies

Battlecruiser said on: 2010-03-07 02:28 am
5154 Days, 7 Hrs, 11 Min, 10 Sec ago
Atm DK is the only active clan that deserves to be called "True X".
Jing said on: 2010-03-07 02:58 am
5154 Days, 6 Hrs, 41 Min, 7 Sec ago
FauX sounds so much cooler.
Oracle said on: 2010-03-07 04:32 am
5154 Days, 5 Hrs, 7 Min, 10 Sec ago
Good one Jing lol- and it's true, DK is much more the spiritual inheritor of X :)
THRUSTER said on: 2010-03-07 06:39 am
5154 Days, 3 Hrs, 36 Sec ago
Oh get over your bitterness and ego.

Just because you are angry with Stormbringer your going to go into a little tissy fit here...*LOL*

You know I think I have played and lead X in more rounds than any other S.A. in the history of this game. For years when you did not even play here and I kept this clan going.

You know to me SM with out Shinji just not SM and you know Dynasty with out Chinaman is not DC and, and..*L* I think Korgy is the only guy left in IC from it early history. So are they fake?
No they just where we are in todays game.

This game is not what it once was for heavens sake.

So by the authority invested in me I declare X back!

AK47 said on: 2010-03-07 07:19 am
5154 Days, 2 Hrs, 20 Min, 54 Sec ago

bc...let greg be. his own stupidity will be the end of him.

no "real" Xer will even bother with the clan. ...only close buddies of his.

the reality is, ben (thebest) and danny (fo), left the clan to us. last i checked, thruster couldnt hang with the "real" X and left to form DOOM.

so in essence, dont sweat it. hes setting himself up for epic fail!!
XSquad said on: 2010-03-07 07:20 am
5154 Days, 2 Hrs, 19 Min, 23 Sec ago
DC is the same you boobs.

Chinaman gave it to Superman, Superman handed it to us.(Me,Hep,Eless)

I am in THE Original DC whit my IconStealerX account.

Sm has been given to Moon.

SO It basically the same.

BUT!!!

AK has the original X clan so...

AK47 said on: 2010-03-07 07:28 am
5154 Days, 2 Hrs, 11 Min, 55 Sec ago

LOL good point X. myself, bc, loki, sk were all given the rights to X. it was passed down. again, last i checked, thruster couldnt hang, forfeited his SAship (prior to the revival) and made DOOM.

oh and btw...

Last 10 Events in Nations (9 Sec ago) #1
AK47 of TEH GUN joined clan X

...key word is "joined", meaning already existing. i would love to see thruster "join" this clan with an actual pw as opposed to making a fake one.
Space-Monkey said on: 2010-03-07 07:31 am
5154 Days, 2 Hrs, 8 Min, 11 Sec ago
There is no point in argueing about it, it is nothing more than a name now anyway. Don't get me wrong, I loved X, but no clan is what it used to be save Avengers.
_ElessaR_ said on: 2010-03-07 08:39 am
5154 Days, 1 Hr, 1 Min, 4 Sec ago
FauX sounds like a great clan name.
Battlecruiser said on: 2010-03-07 09:08 am
5154 Days, 31 Minutes, 41 Seconds ago
SM, have you seen what avengers have become without gi_joe?
Space-Monkey said on: 2010-03-07 09:19 am
5154 Days, 20 Minutes, 14 Seconds ago
Yes, and they aren't as good as they used to be, but all things concidered they do fairly well every round. Look back about 3 years ago when avengers was a fairly large clan still putting up 1-3 overall clan rankings, and yes they sucked compared to that but so does every other clan. What is to be expected when so many people have left, and so few new players have come in?
Moonshine said on: 2010-03-07 09:40 am
5154 Days, 5 Seconds ago
Actually thrusty i think i have been SA of sM for more time than you have been for X. Seeing you were SA of Doom then AC and there was another clan i kno you were SA of for a while thats not X. I just wanted to point that out because i truly believe that. but the fact you started up X (or whoever did) i could care less. Wont hurt no body although people do take pride in the history of nations and i dunno why.

WeaponX (Mod) said on: 2010-03-07 10:10 am
5153 Days, 23 Hrs, 29 Min, 50 Sec ago
Uh oh...

I shouldn't even touch this thread. >_<

*pokes thread with stick*
ShadowLord69 said on: 2010-03-07 12:01 pm
5153 Days, 21 Hrs, 39 Min, 1 Sec ago
*pokes Tony with a stick*
Stormbringer said on: 2010-03-07 05:46 pm
5153 Days, 15 Hrs, 53 Min, 48 Sec ago
1. AK so only specfic players gave specific players the "rights to X. - Let's see the copyright. Lets see a deed of ownership.

2. That and and a couple bucks will get you a cup of coffee.

3. If SOOOOO many hold X in such a state of elevation that only THEY have rights to use the name then for crying out loud do so instead of hopping on whatever band wagon rolls down Nations boulevard that round.

4. In my entire time here in hell, uh Nations the longest serving SA of X has been THRUSTER.

5. Ak if you have such a raging one for X then why haven't you been the one keeping it alive all this time?

6. Seems the only time many give a rat's arse is when some one else claims they do.

7. It's a game.

8. An internet game.

9. Opinions are like arse holes - everyone's got one!

10. This place is a dim as a coal mine at midnight.

[Added at 03/07/2010 17:46:56 by Stormbringer]
- Hands stick back to Tony. :P
_ElessaR_ said on: 2010-03-07 11:39 pm
5153 Days, 10 Hrs, 1 Min, 1 Sec ago
*pokes stormy with a huge stick*
Jing said on: 2010-03-07 11:42 pm
5153 Days, 9 Hrs, 57 Min, 36 Sec ago
Don't play stupid, Storm. You're smarter than that.
I seriously doubt you guys made this clan without ever considering the former X, the original X. Or think that this could replace it in someway, or maybe even rebuild it.

You have to understand, Storm.
What everyone care about is not a simple name.

In my opinion, you can call it X, Y, or Z for all I care, but just don't expect people to treat it like X or respect you for it.

To be honest, it is not X, nor is it in anyway related to the original clan.

The clan name is not very that important, but we care about is the history. X had a very long and colorful history in the past, but even in the present, its name still have a certain power over us. Over me as well, who has never been a member in my long career here. And have been massed out of a win each and every time.

Defend this all you want, Storm, but by naming the clan "the True X" like you guys did, with no regards for the feelings of the other SAs/true inheritors, you guys basically disrespected all of them. You guys should know that doing so will piss a lot of us off, but you guys still did it anyways.
Is it arrogance or stupidity, I don't know.

And Storm. If this is "just" a game, I would have left a long time ago. And admit it, if it was, you would leave too.

We have an old community here.
We mingled, we talked, and we become friends or enemies.
People leaves, people return.
It always happen, which is why I think that NN will not die entirely until all of its members do... Or maybe the destruction of the whole interweb.
In some way or form, we do love this site.
Nations is an average game, but the community is exceptional.
With Nation being the only tolerable game in this site, it is normal for us to react negatively to certain events, especially if it involved X.

I may not like X, but here is my rant against the "New" X.
Call it jumping into the bandwagon or whatever, but that's my two cent.

Instead of violating X like so, Thruster should just remake DOOM. Jeb should go back to 7th. And I believe we prefer Chattan over this any day.
Moonshine said on: 2010-03-08 12:03 am
5153 Days, 9 Hrs, 36 Min, 59 Sec ago
just curious.... was jeb in X back in its glory days?
Space-Monkey said on: 2010-03-08 12:12 am
5153 Days, 9 Hrs, 27 Min, 57 Sec ago
Anyone that knew me back when I was in X knows that I love the clan just as much if nto more than most that were in it. But honestly at this point It IS just a name, and I dont see any reason why someone that was in it as long as Thruster was, and lead it as long as he did, can't remake it without a problem, it's not like hes saying, "here it is, and now only my friends can join", or, "this is better than the old X", this is more like, "Here Is my tribute to what it used to be" hes doing the best he can with what hes got trying to live up to the name of a once great clan that he was a part of. Really that is what X is/was all about
Oracle said on: 2010-03-08 03:27 am
5153 Days, 6 Hrs, 12 Min, 13 Sec ago
Jeb the 7th Cavalry one? >_>

anyway I'm still grateful to you Moon for keeping SM alive and evil lol, but basically Nations needs more exploits, random noob attackers, Mod corruption and so forth for our true revival :) just stay faithful yo~!

[Added at 03/08/2010 03:32:50 by Oracle]
heck it wouldn't even be fun bribing small clans to mass key enemies or making fake wars as justification to dominate..

the only truly SM gambit i can think of now is rising to 300 tech, then crashing the NN server via DoS before the rise..

or possibly getting some clan's leader to swear in the forums and getting a friendly mod to ban them at least a few days
AK47 said on: 2010-03-08 09:41 am
5152 Days, 23 Hrs, 58 Min, 9 Sec ago

stormy you and i both know that if the script was flipped and it was me forming Chattan, that youd be a tad upset and would have some sort of reaction. in fact, if minds serves me correctly, someone did indeed do just that and if i recall, you went at them.

on top of that, a name isnt just as name. i do hold X's flag high, so to speak. i dont see anything wrong with priding a clan...especially one with X's history. it was agreed to retire X and last time i checked, X was dominant under my leadership. and if i recall correctly, X died under thruster...hell he couldnt even get 5 members to make the clan visible on the ranks.

and i also have to concur everything that jing said...especially about this NOT being just a game. the community is what makes the game interesting. if i could take most of our guys here and play poker or go to a bar, id say i would have a good time. the reality is, even though we are all behind computers, i have gotten to know alot of ppl here, and enjoy their company.
alot of ppl, coming from X especially. for Nations, X is a home to many (including myself). any sane person would defend their home.

to top this off, you and i both know, youre not just running X for the hell of it, or cause its just a name. the fact that it ISNT just a name, is the reason why you are in X.

so do me a favor, take that cup of coffee and shove it.
GuildaMage said on: 2010-03-08 10:15 am
5152 Days, 23 Hrs, 24 Min, 48 Sec ago
I pee on True X's flag and wipe my bum bum with it.

Why make such a fuss about such a garbage clan? Its confusing.
ShadyKnight (Mod) said on: 2010-03-08 02:21 pm
5152 Days, 19 Hrs, 18 Min, 59 Sec ago
Mike, last I recall, True X pwned you every round we were around.

My opinion on the matter is that UNLESS IT IS ALLOWED BY THE SA'S, True X should not exist. Sure, it's just a name, but it's the most prolific name in Nations history. The clan was retired so we wouldn't sully it's reputation, but it appears that even that won't stop the phonies. Until such a time where BC, Loki, AK and I all agree that it is coming back, any X is fraudulent. Imitations are an insult to the once proud nature of the clan.

Oh and by the way, while you're at it, why don't you invent a set of golf clubs and call them "Tiger woods" or just make a crappy hockey team and call them the Red Wings. Grab a life; this was obviously done to piss off the key members, as well as in retaliation over last round's "Don't use my flag 'cause I'm a baby" fiasco. Greg, I thought you were supposedly one of the oldest people here; grow the hell up!
WeaponX (Mod) said on: 2010-03-08 03:28 pm
5152 Days, 18 Hrs, 11 Min, 21 Sec ago
Lol, alright I've seen enough... Not trying to bend fingers, but there are pleeenty more SA's than just you 4. I sent off an entire list to Storm.

DannyFO
HHHMaster
Battlecruiser
Loki
Aalandan
TotalKaosE
DrunkenMonkey
Jean-Guy
The_Revealer
ShadyKnight
WeaponX
AK47
Fala
Cronus
BmXBrigade
THRUSTER
Pic (?)
WErD
Entity-Neo
DruggyDougy at one point?? (sounds off to me)
Ko-D (Cody)
TheBest
Stormy was there but I can't remember if he was SA or what.

Doesn't matter, the point I'm making is there are a lot of ex-X SuperAdmins, yeah a few of which still play.

Being on the fence here, I'll state my reasons why.

For not bringing it back:

-Yes, it was retired and I believe is past it's prime. Not only that but it looks awkward with a "ONE" in there. No offense Mr. ONE, just never thought I'd see the day is all. It also was apparently not discussed with a few other previous SA's beforehand which in my opinion is a no-no. Also because of what did happen last round with that flag situation. If you're recreating it to spite somebody then where is the dedication there?

For *being able* to bring it back:

-It was retired by a *few* of the SA's listed above. Not by me, not by THRUSTER, certainly not by Danny or HHHMaster that I know of. In my opinion, when I see the name THRUSTER anywhere in Nations, it automatically makes me think of X. He was X before me, before AK, possibly before SK but I don't know for sure. And in my own opinion here, age *should* matter.

That being said, this is why I am on the fence. Loki and BC are the older generation of X clan SuperAdmins, older than me, AK, SK. THRUSTER has been a Super for awhile but I really don't think I was here during his first promotion. I don't remember. When I say age should matter, I think age should also be taken into consideration when bring back a clan of this magnitude. Bringing me back to where it should have been discussed before hand.

My opinions, hope none on either side feel like I stepped on their toes, but whatever because I don't really care if you do anyway. You'll get over it because you all love me. :P

STOP THE HATE!

[Added at 03/08/2010 15:29:48 by WeaponX]
Not to mention that list is just off the top of my head, I couldn't even say who else was SA before I actually joined.
Hehe said on: 2010-03-08 03:46 pm
5152 Days, 17 Hrs, 53 Min, 37 Sec ago
Calm down!

There is X enough for all of us!

P.S. Why dont we set a competition and the winner takes X? LOL

Stormy clan vs BCs clan.
GuildaMage said on: 2010-03-08 03:56 pm
5152 Days, 17 Hrs, 43 Min, 10 Sec ago
"Mike, last I recall, True X pwned you every round we were around. "

You guys massed me at rise, not exactly pwning, just keeping me in top 3 instead of in 1st and for the record, when i got annoyed with it enough to get a coalition going to war True X (chattan, ac, ic, 7th cav, lets face it they had 3x the numbers of any other clan at the time) we spanked you.

By the way guys, this is a war game, if Thruster/Storm is making you angry, war them every round until they change the clan name or quit the game, dont throw hissy fits like some chick on the rag.
AK47 said on: 2010-03-08 04:08 pm
5152 Days, 17 Hrs, 31 Min, 40 Sec ago

guilda plz...you have your bias against X and thats fine but stop recreating history. X pwnt that lame attempt of a coalition.

and it is more than obvious that the fakers brought X back in spite. theres no other motive. SK nailed it when he said it was more about the flag issue then anything. and for ANYONE to say its just a name, is bs. cause i darn well know that if i went and recreated SM, AC, LE, Dynasty, Hoieri, Chattan, 7th Cavs/Mavs, etc...there would be problems.

and tony, you have ben's msn as do i. ask him yourself. he is the founder of X along with danny and then cody joined in as 3rd. it was left to us (loki, bc, sk, myself). same as how chinaman left dynasty to hep and i believe xsquad. the problem isnt with X's revival...the problem is the motive behind it. so again, lets stop the bs!!
GuildaMage said on: 2010-03-08 04:26 pm
5152 Days, 17 Hrs, 13 Min, 33 Sec ago
The only BS i see is all the talk. Lets see some action people.

Oh and as far as me getting pwned, here are the rankings for round 64 and on (when True X came back)

64:
3. GuildaMage of GuildaNation 3 222.67 64

65:
4. GuildaMage of GuildaNation 4 225.19 65

66:
10. GuildaMage of GuildaNation 10 219.81 66

67:
15. GuildaMage of GuildaNation 15 209.09 67

68:
4. GuildaMage of GuildaNation 4 238.12 68

69:
6. GuildaMage of GuildaNation 6 230.92 69

70:
6. GuildaMage of GuildaNation 6 225.93 70

Somewhere in the True X fell apart again, but as i said, at no point did i get "Pwned" :)

[Added at 03/08/2010 16:27:32 by GuildaMage]
And no ak, X did not pwn it, X got flushed down the toilet like a used rubber.
ShadowLord69 said on: 2010-03-08 04:29 pm
5152 Days, 17 Hrs, 10 Min, 59 Sec ago
Tony, Corey, lock this thread for crying out loud.

All that is happening is whinig and crying. On both sides either verbally or physically so to speak.

You ALL need to grow up, look around NN isn't life albeit it is much more than a game, but this is sad.
XSquad said on: 2010-03-08 04:29 pm
5152 Days, 17 Hrs, 10 Min, 57 Sec ago
well it didn't come from chinaman himself cuz he handed it to Superman, which handed it to us.

DC was not meant to die, Like every darn clan still standing.

But good point there!
AK47 said on: 2010-03-08 04:37 pm
5152 Days, 17 Hrs, 2 Min, 38 Sec ago

rightttt guilda. X pwnt your coalition. we can dispute this as civil or uncivil as possible but it gets us no where, so im not gonna bother past this post to argue with you on this topic.

point is, X was brought back to spite certain ppl. it is working. a thread was made to dispute this. if it has nothing to do with you AND it bothers you soooo much, stop posting in the thread. this whole "close the thread" line is nonsense. let the dispute continue and again if youre not apart of it and it bothers you soooo much, stop posting/reading the thread.
Oracle said on: 2010-03-08 04:44 pm
5152 Days, 16 Hrs, 55 Min, 41 Sec ago
I recall Chiny leaving it in the hands of Scott and Bulldog, the truly faithful..

I left for SM, Galahad and Nayab went off somewhere lol

anyway X is an experience you never forget, but you gotta have been there to know what I mean

It's like being in D.E.M.O.N, can't be defined :D

Like i look back to round 38- now that was X!
XSquad said on: 2010-03-08 05:18 pm
5152 Days, 16 Hrs, 21 Min, 53 Sec ago
bulldog-tod=Hepburn
WeaponX (Mod) said on: 2010-03-08 05:41 pm
5152 Days, 15 Hrs, 59 Min, 2 Sec ago
Either figure it out civilly or I WILL lock this thread, and delete any future threads about it. You'll be stuck PMing eachother with no-good forum karma.
Battlecruiser said on: 2010-03-08 08:01 pm
5152 Days, 13 Hrs, 39 Min, 4 Sec ago
X was always about being the best at the game.

Let's look at the only top list with a name from this NEW "x". (I'm not counting the most ranked, because you need to log on once every 2-3 days to get on top 50 nowadays.) Guess what...it says X X X X X deadly pic X X X.

When we brought back X after my few-years-break we dominated. Check the records for rounds 56-65 and 66+.

This won't be possible with this group of wannabe's, who only abuse the game's imperfections to take away the challenge and the meaning of a win. This was never the way of X.

When more than one of them wins a competitive round or at least has a shot at it, I might consider changing my mind.

Point is: X is not to be brought back for a fail, which is inevitable in this case.

P.S. Not sure what happened when deadly won...it seems someone was banned out of first place and there was something going on that resulted in extremely high scores for that period (check rounds 10, 11 and 12). I think there was some dude with us in IC (Arbiter or something like that) with a turn bug (infinite turns) who got banned, but I'm not sure.

And pic...well...he was the only one out of your lot (aka JN) who might've known how to play.

P.P.S. Gemz, what are you doing there?

P.P.P.S. Umm, someone fill me in on the flag issue please?
Jing said on: 2010-03-08 08:04 pm
5152 Days, 13 Hrs, 35 Min, 24 Sec ago
Tony.
Everyone is talking it out civilly.

You've been doing this a loooot!
Stop or I'll be force to ticket your ass for mod power abuse! >:(

[Added at 03/08/2010 20:25:44 by Jing]
How Tony seems to want things...

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e177/U3ki/WhataTonywants.jpg
WeaponX (Mod) said on: 2010-03-08 11:05 pm
5152 Days, 10 Hrs, 34 Min, 11 Sec ago
More referring to Guilda posting how it was flushed like a used condom. What's the need in that?
_ElessaR_ said on: 2010-03-09 12:40 am
5152 Days, 8 Hrs, 59 Min, 53 Sec ago
BC, if I'm not wrong, the flag issue is this; Last round, some members in Dynasty wear this flag which happen to have the 'X' icon in it.

Thruster was not happy with it, he claimed we used his flag. And since he was unhappy, he attacked those guys who wear the flag. That is the story, I think.
Battlecruiser said on: 2010-03-09 03:19 am
5152 Days, 6 Hrs, 20 Min, 53 Sec ago
Uh, thanks.
Oracle said on: 2010-03-09 04:06 am
5152 Days, 5 Hrs, 33 Min, 24 Sec ago
lololol Arbiter was the oldskool WB :D
Gemz said on: 2010-03-09 06:18 am
5152 Days, 3 Hrs, 21 Min, 25 Sec ago
i there because thruster asked me to join his clan first.

Dont shun me at all in this thread.
GuildaMage said on: 2010-03-09 06:51 am
5152 Days, 2 Hrs, 48 Min, 24 Sec ago
Lol

You guys are way too defensive. =)

And last i checked the purpose of forums is to discuss things, at the end of the day no matter how much you tards whine "True X" led by Thruster/Storm will still be here, at best you can force them into submission through the game, but crying like a 5 year old wont accomplish it.

[Added at 03/09/2010 06:53:32 by GuildaMage]
Id like to point out that Storm and Thruster have each made one post regarding their thoughts, and given how they both are, i doubt they will bother with making another one.

Either buck up and do something about it or be forever known as a group of punk "butt" little girls.
Stoutn said on: 2010-03-09 10:12 am
5151 Days, 23 Hrs, 27 Min, 33 Sec ago
Now Hehe has something here....

He doesnt post often, and when he does. It is Epic.

Hehe said on: 03/08/10 3:46 pm
(18 Hrs, 18 Min, 50 Sec ago)
Calm down!

Stormy clan vs BCs clan.
Stoutn said on: 2010-03-09 10:12 am
5151 Days, 23 Hrs, 27 Min, 32 Sec ago
Now Hehe has something here....

He doesnt post often, and when he does. It is Epic.

Hehe said on: 03/08/10 3:46 pm
(18 Hrs, 18 Min, 50 Sec ago)
Calm down!

Stormy clan vs BCs clan.

[Added at 03/09/2010 10:12:56 by Stoutn]
I agree with Hehe, that is all I am posting in this thread.
JEBStuart said on: 2010-03-09 12:58 pm
5151 Days, 20 Hrs, 41 Min, 18 Sec ago
Well, in my case, I'm in X because I was invited over by 2 former 7th Cav members already there, so out of friendship I'm joining this round, and to my surprise was made an SA.

I just enjoy the people in the group as partner players----just as I've played for many of the clans in Nations since 2003--the name to me didn't matter..it was the members in the clan that I chose that influenced my decision to join

Maybe I'm naive, but I didn't see an ulterior motive here with the name.

To answer one of the posts above, yes it's JEB from 7th Cav/ Mavericks, etc...and yes this is my 1st experience with an "X" after my name.
ShadyKnight (Mod) said on: 2010-03-09 01:24 pm
5151 Days, 20 Hrs, 15 Min, 22 Sec ago
I love how people have selective memory. I seem to remember a certain somebody (you know who you are) complaining that thanks to how X played the game, it was impossible to win without their support. In fact, Jing mentioned this several times as well. The difference: he recognized the skill involved, and hasn't held a years-long grudge. X during it's peak quite literally decided who won the game through brutal use of strategy, and if you disagree with that, you weren't there.
Stormbringer said on: 2010-03-09 05:13 pm
5151 Days, 16 Hrs, 26 Min, 11 Sec ago
Shady you are spot on in that assessment. I know when I first started here that it was the X you describe. It was a total clan effort on X's part. So many here just remember the winner's X had and forget ALL those in X who through their effort and support made that happen. The answer is this if this "incarnation" of X fails then let it do so it's own accord and lack of skill.
ShadyKnight (Mod) said on: 2010-03-09 05:31 pm
5151 Days, 16 Hrs, 8 Min, 16 Sec ago
That's precisely what I mean. I have yet to win a round, but my time in X garnered me a solid reputation as somebody to turn to for assistance. It was, as you say, a clan effort. And I have to agree, let time tell whether or not this X will live up to it's history.
Space-Monkey said on: 2010-03-09 07:04 pm
5151 Days, 14 Hrs, 35 Min, 12 Sec ago
What if they don't know who they are shady, what if they bumped their head today!?
SilverSurfer said on: 2010-03-09 08:07 pm
5151 Days, 13 Hrs, 32 Min, 39 Sec ago
People always had a problem with me Leading SR... Altough it was as well handed down from Ahso to Bagel to me... Didn't mean it was the old SR, or anything like it, or as good as they were(Wouldn't have been possible in the time and age), but time changes, and that's what happened.
GuildaMage said on: 2010-03-09 11:39 pm
5151 Days, 10 Hrs, 9 Sec ago
Perhaps people shouldnt be hypocritical.

"I love how people have selective memory."

"Until such a time where BC, Loki, AK and I all agree that it is coming back, any X is fraudulent. Imitations are an insult to the once proud nature of the clan."

"this was obviously done to piss off the key members, as well as in retaliation over last round's "Don't use my flag 'cause I'm a baby" fiasco. Greg, I thought you were supposedly one of the oldest people here; grow the hell up!"

" And I have to agree, let time tell whether or not this X will live up to it's history."

Far as this goes: "he recognized the skill involved"

Give me any 30 players who will listen when the game only has about 75 and the opposing 45 are not on the same page and ill show you the same level of "skill" involved.

And: " So many here just remember the winner's X had and forget ALL those in X who through their effort and support made that happen. "

I remember the winners pretty well for the simple face that it was the same players always winning. Yes they won based on the support of the clan, but i also vividly recall members of True X saying "wlel be taking turns winning" yet that honestly never really happenned.

Did True X dominate for a solid 10+ rounds while i was playing actively and attempting to win. Yes.

Did the "pwn" me? Not in the least.

Did their strategy take any "skills". Nope not a whit.

I will give props to the BC for his inovative way at looking at things, imo he more then anyone was responsible for the performance of X.

So, to reiterate my original point:

If you guys have a problem with the current True X, then take some action, dont Whine.
ShadyKnight (Mod) said on: 2010-03-10 02:50 am
5151 Days, 6 Hrs, 49 Min, 44 Sec ago
The saddest thing is that we've been having this argument for years, Mike. And yes, we DID take turns winning.

As for giving all credit to BC, yes he did a crap-load, but there was plenty of organization done by many others. I'm merely stating my opinions. I don't see any "whining" here, except maybe by you.

Mike, we're not always going to see eye to eye, but this is getting ridiculous. Plain and simple, X beat you EVERY time we tried. IF you're under the impression that it takes NO SKILL to dominate the rankings, WHY THE HELL AREN'T YOU UP THERE? When you gathered the Anti-X coalition, how come they never succeeded in taking the rankings by storm? Quite bluntly; put up or shut up. Your BS is more than childish, and I'm quite amazed at your reactions. It's an OLD-SCHOOL TEXT GAME! It's not like this actually matters worth a crap in real life, and if you want my opinion (I know you don't, but I'll give it anyways) it is YOU who has been whining. I merely stated a few facts and you took it as some sort of vendetta.

I'm done, before I get myself in trouble.

[Added at 03/10/2010 02:52:06 by ShadyKnight]
And sorry, I'm tired. I didn't mean to mention that you're a whiner twice.
_ElessaR_ said on: 2010-03-10 08:27 am
5151 Days, 1 Hr, 12 Min, 49 Sec ago
I luv this thread. Once in a while, we need some drama.
GuildaMage said on: 2010-03-10 08:53 am
5151 Days, 46 Minutes, 10 Seconds ago
"And yes, we DID take turns winning."

If by taking turns you mean BC, Loki, and AK, then yes they did take turns. At best i think wep and arch got wins, but im pretty sure one of them actually stole the win from one of the main 3.

"Plain and simple, X beat you EVERY time we tried."

Best you guys were able to do is knock me to 15th, otherwise i was top 10, usually top 5 still. During X's days i still ranked, and ranked well.

"IF you're under the impression that it takes NO SKILL to dominate the rankings, WHY THE HELL AREN'T YOU UP THERE?"

I have ranked a total of 24 times, 13 top tens, and secured a win. Over the past year and a half to two years i have not had the time to play like i used to, believe me, if the game continues to be stagnant like this, when i do have the time, ill get myself on most wins list, its not hard.

"Quite bluntly; put up or shut up"

I have 13 top 10s all after round 56.

You have 5.
Loki has 5.
BC has 12.
AK has 17.

Pretty sure i put up just fine. )

"I merely stated a few facts and you took it as some sort of vendetta."

Corey... youve stated 0 facts, everything youve said so far has been opinion, go through your posts Corey and look for facts. And no vendetta, im at worst smiling, usually laughing at the posts made by all the angry Xers.

"As for giving all credit to BC, yes he did a crap-load, but there was plenty of organization done by many others."

Organization, sure, your tech circles and low landing strategy (the stuff that actually put the true x rankers 10-15 base ahead of everyone) is really what got you guys your wins, while he might not have organized much, he was the brain behind most of every strategy true x employeed.

The short version:

While i like most players from True X, i hate the clan, not because of how well it did, but because of the strategies it used. Mostly their clan dropping farms and their use of numbers to secure wins. The former i will always consider an exploit for the fact that the players whom drop are doing it with the sole intent of avoiding the game coding. The latter being that i dislike having your competition attacked to get you a win, id rather win based on my tech abilities and my rise abilities.

To make this more on topic:

All you "Xers" complaining about Thruster and Storm's clan, just stop, seriously, either shut up about it, or take action, words wont change a thing.

Eless- Thats 99% of why i posted in the first place. ;]

Battlecruiser said on: 2010-03-10 10:20 am
5150 Days, 23 Hrs, 19 Min, 59 Sec ago
Mmm, back in the day when there were more than 3 players willing to play ftw, X members took turns winning.

And I'm positive that at least under my lead, if you were massed by X, it was because of your attitude in the forums and/or your clan's politics, not you being some competition to us. (Not to say that you can't rank high.)

Even in most cases like the above we wouldn't plan for you to get massed - I enjoy fair competition between people doing rises with no interference. The JN that you're defending never made it possible though, so perhaps half of your getting massed by X is us trying to make it fair. And no, we didn't start it. In fact, I've given them plenty of chances to stop, but they never used them.
SaNdYx said on: 2010-03-10 11:14 am
5150 Days, 22 Hrs, 25 Min, 33 Sec ago
«It's an OLD-SCHOOL TEXT GAME! It's not like this actually matters worth a crap in real life»

good point so now get over it, stop whinning about a freaking name
DaisukeNiwa said on: 2010-03-10 11:30 am
5150 Days, 22 Hrs, 9 Min, 55 Sec ago
Hello guys. Can I chip in? ;) I have no real bias in this arguement. I love X with all my heart, and it will always be my home. But, it's not really the name that made me feel this way. X has a very strong history, and a very respectable one. Anyone who says otherwise, you are a complete idiot. There is no questions asked... But, True-X is just a name to me. What made it home was the people. Ray, Alex, AK, Doug, Tony, Nuget, Pic, etc. They were all there to help you, not matter what the situation was. There was always that sense of protection, and safety you felt with X because of how close we all were. We supported, and looked out for each and every member. I've had my fair share of clans that I've been in. I can personally say, I've never came across another clan like X was. So, to wrap this thought up...

Thruster, you are complete dumbass. I really hope you know this. I honestly thought I couldn't lose anymore respect for you, because, quite frankly, I have none for you. So, I'm just going to re-state that your a complete dumbass.

"I have 13 top 10s all after round 56.

You have 5.
Loki has 5.
BC has 12.
AK has 17.
"

Mike, honestly, what the hell does this prove? We've been good friends for a long time, and will always be a good friend of mine, but.. Seriously? I could have 13 top 10s. I have what... 2? For the simple reason that this game is completely boring, and sucks. The only think you just proved to me by posting those stats, is AK, you, and BC need a wife, mates. Perhaps some kids. But, because you can sit a whole thirty days and log on every single day... TWICE a day even, what does that prove? You can play a boring game constantly? Sorry others have lives, and don't sit on a game all day.

Like I said, not trying to take swings at people, but... you all... Remember, this is coming from ME of all people. So, you know its bad when I say to all of you... grow the vanilla ice ice baby up. It's a game, it's a name.
GuildaMage said on: 2010-03-10 12:59 pm
5150 Days, 20 Hrs, 40 Min, 13 Sec ago
BC- You told me several times in chatthat i was constantly being massed because i was a threat at getting a win. Same with Jing. The nearly verbatim response was

"They asked in the shoutbox who they could mass to help us win and i said you and jing were threats, they attacked on their own"

"The JN that you're defending never made it possible though, so perhaps half of your getting massed by X is us trying to make it fair. And no, we didn't start it. In fact, I've given them plenty of chances to stop, but they never used them."

JN?? didnt start what or gave who chances to stop what... im not sure what youre talking about.

DN-

"I have no real bias in this arguement. I love X with all my heart, and it will always be my home"

Thats like a referee saying he will be impartial, but his favorite team is the Colts. Would you really want him refeering that game?

"Mike, honestly, what the hell does this prove?"

It was directed soley at SK, in regards to his comments about my inability to step up. :)

"The only think you just proved to me by posting those stats, is AK, you, and BC need a wife, mates. Perhaps some kids. "

It takes all of 5 minutes to log in, use your turns and play only the game. Time isnt an issue for this game.

"But, because you can sit a whole thirty days and log on every single day... TWICE a day even, what does that prove? You can play a boring game constantly? Sorry others have lives, and don't sit on a game all day. "

The time frame im talking about was when you DID log on at least twice daily and play constantly. And im sorry that the rest of us dont spend so much time toking or in a jail cell that we miss turns.

"Like I said, not trying to take swings at people,"

Seriously DN? You took a swing at Thruster, AK, BC, and myself.
ShadyKnight (Mod) said on: 2010-03-10 01:52 pm
5150 Days, 19 Hrs, 47 Min, 50 Sec ago
*stirs the pot some more
Space-Monkey said on: 2010-03-10 03:33 pm
5150 Days, 18 Hrs, 6 Min, 16 Sec ago
murdock, you fail and are a total fool. Go jump off a cliff
GuildaMage said on: 2010-03-10 03:43 pm
5150 Days, 17 Hrs, 56 Min, 13 Sec ago
Finally caught on Corey? :P
Battlecruiser said on: 2010-03-10 04:17 pm
5150 Days, 17 Hrs, 22 Min, 14 Sec ago
Mike, there's always a Reason and a "reason" ;)
TheWhiteDemon said on: 2010-03-10 05:10 pm
5150 Days, 16 Hrs, 29 Min, 15 Sec ago
This thread is stupid. Only like 3 of you guys were around when X was actually good. And none of you guys in Dc were around when it was good(Idk if you were Shady but if i remember right, you were in The Ravens.)
Space-Monkey said on: 2010-03-10 05:35 pm
5150 Days, 16 Hrs, 5 Min, 1 Sec ago
Lol casey, I am afraid you are quite wrong about that one. There are several people that have posted in this thread that were around when X was good.
GuildaMage said on: 2010-03-10 06:21 pm
5150 Days, 15 Hrs, 18 Min, 49 Sec ago
Alex- ;]

Nugget- I think TWD is refering to True X pre round 56.

Not the one let by BC, loki, and AK.
AK47 said on: 2010-03-10 07:14 pm
5150 Days, 14 Hrs, 25 Min, 13 Sec ago

for the record, ive led X since like round 40. i played with thebest, hhh, fala, jeany, werd, cody, dannyfo, thruster, cronus, oracle, trigun, blackcloak and any other major X player. the majority of my time in clans was spent in X.

as for the wifey comment by DN, guilda is right. doesnt take much to log on for 5 min per full set of turns. just last round i finished 5th and was massed for the last 3-4 days straight, including the rise. and i do have a wifey...so stfu nub! =P

X isnt just a name. ppl can dispute this over and over, and if that were the case, this thread would ceased to exist. this clan is like the boston celtics or the new york yankees of Nations. no clan has ever had more individual round wins, clan ranks, alt ranks, and war wins in the history of the game.

bc was a geneous in implementing a new teching style and it did alot for Xers (myself included) during his recent stinct with the clan (as well as others who used his tactics). but to exclude myself to some degree, i was winning rounds before bc ever came back. i believe i had 5 wins prior.

guilda...i agree with bc. i dont ever recall any Xer saying "lets get guilda cause hes a threat". i only recall alot of negative rants by you about X, and certain ppl taking action over it. if there were messages between you and bc that could dispute this, it is something new to me.

DaisukeNiwa said on: 2010-03-10 07:19 pm
5150 Days, 14 Hrs, 20 Min, 54 Sec ago
^_^
XSquad said on: 2010-03-10 07:22 pm
5150 Days, 14 Hrs, 17 Min, 20 Sec ago
I have been in X when,

I believe.. BC,AK,Neo,Cronus,CtDooku,BmXbrigade where leading it I believe they were at war whit UA
Ak invited me at that time even if I was a crappy noob.

Whit that said X has been my first real home.

I dont remember which crappy name I had I didnt even ranked at that time LOL

Moonshine said on: 2010-03-10 07:58 pm
5150 Days, 13 Hrs, 41 Min, 9 Sec ago
its a clan name with html coding on a game in which.000000000000000000000000000000000000000000166% of the world population knows about.
AK47 said on: 2010-03-10 08:24 pm
5150 Days, 13 Hrs, 15 Min, 55 Sec ago

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
_ElessaR_ said on: 2010-03-10 11:51 pm
5150 Days, 9 Hrs, 48 Min, 27 Sec ago
Actually Mooney, you may want to add a few more zeroes to get the exact value =P
ShadyKnight (Mod) said on: 2010-03-11 12:39 am
5150 Days, 9 Hrs, 1 Min, 1 Sec ago
Casey, I've been in X like 7 times, and was SA three of those times. I also NEVER joined the Ravens. Just a history lesson...
Murdock86 said on: 2010-03-11 01:23 am
5150 Days, 8 Hrs, 16 Min, 53 Sec ago
SM shut your mouth ;)
Space-Monkey said on: 2010-03-11 02:02 am
5150 Days, 7 Hrs, 37 Min, 41 Sec ago
maybe we could both take each others advice, Ill shut my mouth, and you jump off a cliff
GuildaMage said on: 2010-03-11 07:01 am
5150 Days, 2 Hrs, 38 Min, 27 Sec ago
AK- If you real "xers" dont defend it and prevent those nubs from ever using your name again, then it is just a name.

Also, my rants didnt happen until after being massed for 2-3 consecutive rounds. While no Xer said hit guilda hes a threat. It was posted in your shout to hit anyone who has a chance of winning, thus why 2-3 players per round massed me. ;]
Murdock86 said on: 2010-03-11 07:55 am
5150 Days, 1 Hr, 44 Min, 46 Sec ago
Lol SM, i kindly decline your offer ;)
Moonshine said on: 2010-03-11 10:02 am
5149 Days, 23 Hrs, 37 Min, 47 Sec ago
Im stayin true to the X.......

stacy.
_ElessaR_ said on: 2010-03-12 06:50 am
5149 Days, 2 Hrs, 49 Min, 46 Sec ago
The drama is over already? This is boring.
ShinjiX said on: 2010-03-12 07:06 am
5149 Days, 2 Hrs, 33 Min, 22 Sec ago
humpty dumpty sat on a wall
Troa1 said on: 2010-03-12 10:14 am
5148 Days, 23 Hrs, 25 Min, 58 Sec ago
Bunch of pointless babble
Moonshine said on: 2010-03-13 08:47 am
5148 Days, 53 Minutes, 4 Seconds ago
Clan names dont matter. Its the players that make up a clan that says the name for a clan. i think people are upset because the old loyal x members dont agree with whos in the clan. Which is understandable but things do change. Your not gonna have the same core/vintage X members as before. People say sM isnt sM without shinji. or AC isnt Ac without gi joe. Or x isnt X without blah blah and that clan isnt blah this or blah that. stop hanging onto the past. The world spins people get older things change.
_ElessaR_ said on: 2010-03-13 10:12 am
5147 Days, 23 Hrs, 27 Min, 58 Sec ago
The world spins, but we don't feel it. Ever wondered why?
DrUnKeNmOnKeY said on: 2010-03-13 11:38 am
5147 Days, 22 Hrs, 1 Min, 9 Sec ago
IMO only BC/AK/besty/Ko-D/DannyFo/Fala can bring back X. Otherwise it's just not the same.

[Added at 03/13/2010 11:39:46 by DrUnKeNmOnKeY]
oops forgot HHH
Moonshine said on: 2010-03-13 11:40 am
5147 Days, 21 Hrs, 59 Min, 45 Sec ago
its because we are on it, we're part of it, it's all relative. Its like going 50 miles an hour and the car next to you going 50 too and it looks like its not moving at all.

WeaponX (Mod) said on: 2010-03-13 06:03 pm
5147 Days, 15 Hrs, 36 Min, 36 Sec ago
Ohh you guys got DM to post too. Keep arguing and see who else decides to come back. :P

What's up DM?
TheWhiteDemon said on: 2010-03-14 07:09 am
5147 Days, 2 Hrs, 30 Min, 11 Sec ago
Round 40 was a awhile back brother. idk.
Entity-Neo said on: 2010-03-14 04:32 pm
5146 Days, 17 Hrs, 7 Min, 34 Sec ago
woooowwwww
AK47 said on: 2010-03-14 08:11 pm
5146 Days, 13 Hrs, 28 Min, 51 Sec ago

DM...NEO...WOAH!!!!!! =O

Goliath said on: 2010-03-14 09:09 pm
5146 Days, 12 Hrs, 30 Min, 45 Sec ago
Seriously, you folks should allow X to remain a retired clan. It's not going to be the same without the people who made it what it was (especially Ben and Cody), and to pretend it can just be remade at someone's whim is foolishness.

Despite having left the game, I know I sure wouldn't be thrilled if people outside LE went and hoisted our old flag and name for their own. Names and history both mean things, and are best left unaltered.
TheWhiteDemon said on: 2010-03-14 09:34 pm
5146 Days, 12 Hrs, 5 Min, 11 Sec ago
I think im the only one that was in LE for any amount of time that still plays...lol
Moonshine said on: 2010-03-14 09:52 pm
5146 Days, 11 Hrs, 47 Min, 17 Sec ago
casey wanna start LE? lol
GuildaMage said on: 2010-03-16 10:29 am
5144 Days, 23 Hrs, 10 Min, 6 Sec ago
If it gets goliath playing again, im down.
_ElessaR_ said on: 2010-03-17 02:08 am
5144 Days, 7 Hrs, 31 Min, 11 Sec ago
If it gets Loki playing again, I'm down too haha.
TheWhiteDemon said on: 2010-03-17 04:43 am
5144 Days, 4 Hrs, 56 Min, 36 Sec ago
Im noob thou..
ShadyKnight (Mod) said on: 2010-03-17 12:33 pm
5143 Days, 21 Hrs, 6 Min, 47 Sec ago
I'd be down with nearly anything if it brought back Ray.
GuildaMage said on: 2010-03-17 12:38 pm
5143 Days, 21 Hrs, 1 Min, 40 Sec ago
Even homo sex with TWD?
ShadyKnight (Mod) said on: 2010-03-17 01:05 pm
5143 Days, 20 Hrs, 34 Min, 11 Sec ago
If I got to be the top, and it was guaranteed to bring back Ray, sure... why not? I could make Casey cry like he lost a Nations round.
_ElessaR_ said on: 2010-03-17 06:40 pm
5143 Days, 14 Hrs, 59 Min, 11 Sec ago
LOL!
TheWhiteDemon said on: 2010-03-18 05:59 am
5143 Days, 3 Hrs, 40 Min, 8 Sec ago
Wow, you are a flamer
Stoutn said on: 2010-03-18 08:54 am
5143 Days, 45 Minutes, 36 Seconds ago
Post 100?

Anyway this is starting to get a little off topic? :D

So uh.. Bad X? or something or other....
ShadyKnight (Mod) said on: 2010-03-18 01:43 pm
5142 Days, 19 Hrs, 56 Min, 22 Sec ago
X is totally the coolest letter in the alphabet.
Viper10488 said on: 2010-03-18 03:00 pm
5142 Days, 18 Hrs, 40 Min, 4 Sec ago
I must say, after reading the first 5 days, i started skimming, after day 8 i started reading the first line, after day 10 it was the title of the reply.

Hi everyone ^_^
Hows life?
FootSpa said on: 2010-03-18 09:54 pm
5142 Days, 11 Hrs, 45 Min, 27 Sec ago
Duh!!!!
Oracle said on: 2010-03-19 01:23 am
5142 Days, 8 Hrs, 17 Min, 5 Sec ago
let's just take it as the intended insult it is :) I'm happy with them being jerks and acting innocent lol, besides X was never very nice to begin with either :) we've evidentially pwned enough players bad enough to leave them hurting for years afterwards- it'd be surprising without some backlash right